How does reservations at the MDR work? Just cut in front of the line?

fstuff1

yes, that was what i was thinking... cut everyone else by going through the left side.

so there was line on the left side as well???

It was actually kind of odd. There was usually no line on the left side and we had to open the door on that side. When we went to the podium, standing to the left side the hostess basically ignored us. It made us feel as if we were doing something wrong, even though we were doing what the staff had told us to do. After about 5 minutes I asked her if we were in the right place for reservations and she said yes and then still ignored us. Now, there were plenty of tables open and they were seating a steady stream of people without reservations. Finally another girl noticed how long we'd been standing there and came over to help us and told the hostess she was going to seat us.

As I said it was very odd and made me feel uncomfortable, so after that we just got into the regular line. We usually ate around 6:30 and the line moved fairly quickly.

Just a tip for you VIP cruisers. If you want to be seated immediately in an MDR, contact your concierge. They will appear and get you a table instantly. Just another VIP perk.

Thank you for that info.

There is usually a line for reservations, and a line for "walk-ups"....get in the reservation line...no cutting to the front, tho...wait your turn! If you want, you can get there earlier than 6:55, to make sure you are "on time"!

lets say you make 7pm reservations for 4 people so you can see the 9pm show w/o being rushed through dinner.

at 6:55pm, go to the mdr, cut in front of everyone, and tell the hostess you have a 7pm reservation??

OP i think that is EXACTLY what you do...same as on land...if you walk into a steakhouse in the city you live...you would walk up to the hostess regardless of who is in the waiting area..

We sometimes get a reservation for a specific table (if its by a window with a great view...or the servers are on point) example...we ask for table #41 for tomorrow night at 7pm....we are often told okay...but may have to wait about 10 mins if its already occupied for the curent diners to finish up their meals...

we have (2) young kids and having a reservation makes our time (and other diners) much more enjoyable...

• 1 year later...
On 5/3/2018 at 4:16 PM, Love my butler said:

Just a tip for you VIP cruisers. If you want to be seated immediately in an MDR, contact your concierge. They will appear and get you a table instantly. Just another VIP perk.

oh this is great news. christmas week is gonna be a madhouse  and i'll def use this perk. do they actually walk  you down?