Dining Reservation on Website?

I just booked the NCL Escape for July 15th and when I try to make a dining reservation on ncl.com, it only allows me to make it for 1 guest (going with my husband). I called NCL and instead of fixing the issue, she wanted to make the reservations for me. Has anyone else ever had this issue?

I'm looking forward to the cruise. It will be my first visit on the Escape and I'm excited to see that they have a wine bar. The wine options by the glass are always so limited so I'm hoping there are more options in the wine bar.

Someone else yesterday reported this issue and they phoned in and booked that way.

I don’t know whether they would be able to fix the glitch, but if you wait for that then you may find that peak times fill up. I would let them do the bookings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just booked the NCL Escape for July 15th and when I try to make a dining reservation on ncl.com, it only allows me to make it for 1 guest (going with my husband). I called NCL and instead of fixing the issue, she wanted to make the reservations for me. Has anyone else ever had this issue? I'm looking forward to the cruise. It will be my first visit on the Escape and I'm excited to see that they have a wine bar. The wine options by the glass are always so limited so I'm hoping there are more options in the wine bar.

Dining reservations for your cruise opened in mid-March. More likely that the restaurants are sold out for pre-book. Good that the agent on the phone was able to help you, normally they see the same inventory as you do.

Dining reservations for your cruise opened in mid-March. More likely that the restaurants are sold out for pre-book. Good that the agent on the phone was able to help you, normally they see the same inventory as you do.

Oh, could be. I think I'm just going to book them as soon as I get on the boat. She was able to do Cagney's for me, so that was good.

I reported this "glitch" on another thread when trying to make dining reservations for my August Baltic cruise. The online site would only allow me to chose 1 person, when I was trying to reserve for 4. Just call NCL. They booked all my dining reservations for me.

This also happened to me two days ago when making my reservations for the Dawn in August. Every venue was only allowing you to book a meal for one. I also called and they got my reservations fixed for me.

I find it interesting that this is happening on several different ships/cruises. Quite a glitch to have it happen again and again. The agent who fixed our reservations for us was very nice but just think of how much more time that takes when they could be taking care of other callers.

Is anyone else seeing Teppanyaki is $35.34 pp to make reservations ?

Teppenyaki is $29.95 plus service charge.

That makes $35.34 if the service charge is 18%. The service charge has gone up to 20%, so it looks like the increase isn’t being applied against your reservation.

Teppenyaki is $29.95 plus service charge.

That makes $35.34 if the service charge is 18%. The service charge has gone up to 20%, so it looks like the increase isn’t being applied against your reservation.

But why are the charging for Teppanyaki and not the other restaurants when you make reservations

But why are the charging for Teppanyaki and not the other restaurants when you make reservations

Because it has a cover charge, rather than being a la carte. Moderno is the same.

It used to be that you paid upfront for all restaurants, but now that many are a la carte they don’t know what the charge will be in advance, so they are free to reserve.

Because it has a cover charge, rather than being a la carte. Moderno is the same.

It used to be that you paid upfront for all restaurants, but now that many are a la carte they don’t know what the charge will be in advance, so they are free to reserve.

I wanted to wake reservations for Teppanyaki but don't want to have to pay because I already have 2 nights dining with the romance package and a 3 night SDP package I guess Ill have to wait to board for reservations at Teppanyaki.

I wanted to wake reservations for Teppanyaki but don't want to have to pay because I already have 2 nights dining with the romance package and a 3 night SDP package I guess Ill have to wait to board for reservations at Teppanyaki.

Have you already made some other reservations? If you have free SDP credits then you shouldn’t be charged when booking, but if you have already booked three other meals then it will charge you.

I don’t think the booking system will know about the romance package, so it will think you just have three free meals at the moment.

The way to do it is to book Teppenyaki and Moderno first, then do the a la carte ones. Have you actually booked any other meals yet, or do you have 5 in your basket? If they are in your basket then I believe that removing a couple of a la carte ones should fix it. Then, when you have booked Teppenyaki go back and add those a la carte ones back in.

If you have booked 3 meals already then you are stuck (although I believe some people have had some luck by phoning in). If you wait until after boarding then don’t hang around.

Have you already made some other reservations? If you have free SDP credits then you shouldn’t be charged when booking, but if you have already booked three other meals then it will charge you.

I don’t think the booking system will know about the romance package, so it will think you just have three free meals at the moment.

The way to do it is to book Teppenyaki and Moderno first, then do the a la carte ones. Have you actually booked any other meals yet, or do you have 5 in your basket? If they are in your basket then I believe that removing a couple of a la carte ones should fix it. Then, when you have booked Teppenyaki go back and add those a la carte ones back in.

I've booked 2 and I can book any other but not Teppanyaki I even call NCL and they tried to charge me too and they couldn't even figure out why since it is included in the SDP package.

I've booked 2 and I can book any other but not Teppanyaki I even call NCL and they tried to charge me too and they couldn't even figure out why since it is included in the SDP package.

I would call NCL again and check that your SDP is correctly showing against your booking. If you have the 3 meal SDP and have only booked 2 meals then it shouldn’t be charging you. Something is wrong there.

I would call NCL again and check that your SDP is correctly showing against your booking. If you have the 3 meal SDP and have only booked 2 meals then it shouldn’t be charging you. Something is wrong there.

Already did and spent 2 hrs on the phone with them and had them send me a amenities e-mail and everything is there.

Already did and spent 2 hrs on the phone with them and had them send me a amenities e-mail and everything is there.

I’m not sure which ship you are on, but have you also booked the dinner show? That would count as one of your SDP credits.