Why does Guy’s close at 6:00?

Why does Guy’s close at 6:00? I think Guy’s is one of the most popular eateries that Carnival has to offer. Why do they close at 6:00 and not stay open through dinner?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A VERY good ???

I realize that there are many fans of the sunglassesneck's concoction of grease, but to claim it's better than anything in the MDR or on the Lido or at specialty restaurants, must be the lard talking.;)

But it is better than anything in the MDR or Lido, so there's that.

I too wish Guy’s stayed open later. I wish there were more late night choices besides just pizza. I never have been able to understand why they couldn’t have at least one other venue open late at night. Based on all the loooooong lines I see for pizza at midnight, I don’t think there would be too much waste if they were to increase the options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm with you, I dunno why they close that early. I don't do the MDR as it isn't good enough to warrant me sitting there for an hour and a half to eat. On most cruises there have been multiple nights where I would gladly have eaten a guy's burger over anything they served on the lido buffet. I'm guessing it has to do with staff? or costs? Probably both.

I found your statement humorously sad. You actually said the only good food on a cruise is a hamburger. Isn't the hamburger the ultimate fast food, and the food in the MDR and buffet is so bad, that you resort to a hamburger? Why are you even on a Carnival ship? I eat in the MDR all the time on other lines, and enjoy steaks, and prime rib.

I too wish Guy’s stayed open later. I wish there were more late night choices besides just pizza. I never have been able to understand why they couldn’t have at least one other venue open late at night.

Seems like most ships have at least one late-night option open besides pizza, although it varies by ship.

-- On our recent Conquest-class sailings, an expanded menu was offered at Pizza Pirate between 11 pm and 1 am. Called "Pizza Pirate Plus," it included lasagna, plus another rotating entrée item (meatball sub, sausage and peppers sub, or chicken parmigiana). Plus Caesar salads, pizza, canned sodas and Angry Orchard, of course.

-- On the Vista, it was called "Late Night Snacks" and was offered on the Lido just to the right of the Deli, and included some pastas, sandwiches, at least one vegetable dish and some really good ham'n'cheese and grilled-cheese sandwiches. I believe it also opened at 11 pm and it was open and available at least through 1 am.

Both of the above options were obviously timed to open just as the Deli closed at 11 pm.