Another Guarantee Room Issue - Maybe?

I saw a thread here today about a party of 3 that booked a guarantee and was assigned a double room. So I decided I should check the deck plan for my upcoming cruise on the Harmony, June 2. I booked a ocean-view balcony guarantee for a party of 3 and was assigned room 11704. According to the deck plan on Royal Caribbean's website, this does not have a third bed.

My travel agent just called the cruise line and the RC agent stated that their deck plan shows this room to have a sofa bed.

Anyone else have similar experience?

I don't know what deck plans they are looking at, but I'm with MM. That cabin is a double occupancy room and only has set beds for 2 people. It might have a sofa, and they figure they can throw a sheet on it and make it a bed at night, but it is not a "sofabed".

The sofas on Harmony are more like a single bed with bolsters for the back and ends. If you take all the bolsters off (just move them aside) then you would have a single bed. It would be fine for a child or smaller adult. Not sure about really tall people. We thought it was a much more practical style of sofa - especially for reading since you could sort of arrange things how you wanted them.

I saw a thread here today about a party of 3 that booked a guarantee and was assigned a double room. So I decided I should check the deck plan for my upcoming cruise on the Harmony, June 2. I booked a ocean-view balcony guarantee for a party of 3 and was assigned room 11704. According to the deck plan on Royal Caribbean's website, this does not have a third bed.

My travel agent just called the cruise line and the RC agent stated that their deck plan shows this room to have a sofa bed.

Anyone else have similar experience?

We are in a similar situation, but on Oasis. I booked an Ocean View Balcony guarantee for 3 adults. About 3 weeks after booking, they assigned us cabin 12270, which is a 6D category. Every online TA/cruise site or deck plan site only shows this category availability when booking for 2. Been wondering if I should call while there are still a lot of cabins open or just let it ride. I'm only 5'3" and can certainly sleep on a couch/sofa (don't even need a sofa bed) provided the cabin does have one.

Well, the one photo (with the young boy on the king bed) appears to show a sofa with the bolsters/seat back removed. So maybe there is no difference between a sofa and a sofa bed??? I'm starting to think a sofa and sofa bed are one in the same. Therefore, no difference between a double and triple cabin.

Well, the one photo (with the young boy on the king bed) appears to show a sofa with the bolsters/seat back removed. So maybe there is no difference between a sofa and a sofa bed??? I'm starting to think a sofa and sofa bed are one in the same. Therefore, no difference between a double and triple cabin.

U-Royal-Caribbean-Radiance-of-the-Seas-1068-4ec13b65a0137.jpg?resize=618%2C464&ssl=1

I was on Liberty this past April. First time I booked a cabin with 3 people (with my mom and my niece). It was a guarantee category too. They would set up a bed a night that came out of the ceiling, perfect for my niece! An adult should be able to fit in it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on Liberty this past April. First time I booked a cabin with 3 people (with my mom and my niece). It was a guarantee category too. They would set up a bed a night that came out of the ceiling, perfect for my niece! An adult should be able to fit in it too.

That is a PULLMAN bed and would have been listed as such on the online sites for that cabin. The OP has a concern that the cabin they booked does NOT show either a pullman nor a sofabed so he/she has a valid concern. Others on here have pointed out that even the non sofabed couch can still be made into a bed so in a way that probably is what they have booked.

I have some clients sailing in June that were displaced for the opposite reason. I booked the two people in a room designed for two and RCCL advised recently (after they had been booked into this room for 9 months) they are adding a lot of berths to make the 2 person rooms hold 3 and they have changed their room to a different room since their old room was one of the rooms changed to now hold 3. From what I have been told, these new modified rooms aren't updated on the deck plans yet but can hold 3 now in former 2 passenger only categories so I am thinking this will start being a problem for many people if they are booked into these rooms but descriptions/deck plans aren't updated.

I have some clients sailing in June that were displaced for the opposite reason. I booked the two people in a room designed for two and RCCL advised recently (after they had been booked into this room for 9 months) they are adding a lot of berths to make the 2 person rooms hold 3 and they have changed their room to a different room since their old room was one of the rooms changed to now hold 3. From what I have been told, these new modified rooms aren't updated on the deck plans yet but can hold 3 now in former 2 passenger only categories so I am thinking this will start being a problem for many people if they are booked into these rooms but descriptions/deck plans aren't updated.

Well, it certainly would be easy to carry out a sofa and carry in a sofabed.

Sort of on topic.................

Many people have ruminated on the fact that some Junior Suites have a sofa and some have a sofabed. The thought is: how difficult is it to just have a sofabed in all of them?

It seems like RC has finally agreed with this philosophy.

^ and along with that, one has to wonder how close to the lifeboat capacity was the ship originally designed for? It seems that with dry dock cabin additions and these sofabed additions, the capacity is going up but no lifeboats are being added.

I'm in the same situation on Harmony. Was originally in a CP balcony for two, then added my son's GF last month and had to go with a GTY. Was assigned BW balcony 14695, which only shows as a two-person room. Contacted my TA immediately, and he got on the phone with RCI who reassured him that it really is a 3-person room, even though none of the deck plans show it as such.

If they did simply remove sofas and replace them with sofabeds, it seems like it would be a lot easier to reissue the deckplans online to indicate that, rather than having to deal with hundreds of phone calls about the matter. But then, we ARE talking about Royal's infamous IT department, here...

^ and along with that, one has to wonder how close to the lifeboat capacity was the ship originally designed for? It seems that with dry dock cabin additions and these sofabed additions, the capacity is going up but no lifeboats are being added.

All the ships have a LOT of extra lifeboat capacity. Walk around the deck one day, adding up the capacity of each boat (be sure to include the inflatables that are stashed in various pods around the ship, too).