Policy on Bringing Drinks On Board?

After reading a post on another site, I think I have been misunderstanding the policy about bringing soda & wine on board.

I thought either a 12 pack of soda cans or a bottle of wine per person all these years. Not both per person.

Looking at Carnival's F&Q page, I am reading it as each person can bring on both. Is this correct?:confused:

Can we bring a case of water on board?

Not if it is in bottles, I suppose if you had cans or cartons of water (12 pack max) it would be ok. The price Carnival charges for water is not bad, its more than on land, but not outrageous. Wine is pretty much the only bottle beverage you can bring on board, 1 bottle per person.

No you can't bring a case of water on board unless its in cans which I have never seen

But you can order a 12 pack of water thru carnival ahead of time for only $4.50 which is a pretty good deal

Not if it is in bottles, I suppose if you had cans or cartons of water (12 pack max) it would be ok. The price Carnival charges for water is not bad, its more than on land, but not outrageous. Wine is pretty much the only bottle beverage you can bring on board, 1 bottle per person.

It's only $4.50 for a 12 pack which is a buck or two less than what I'd pay in the store (realizing of course if I shopped around I might be able to get it for a little bit less, but a dollar isn't going to break me.)

It's only $4.50 for a 12 pack which is a buck or two less than what I'd pay in the store (realizing of course if I shopped around I might be able to get it for a little bit less, but a dollar isn't going to break me.)

It is well worth the $4.50 for a 12 pack to have it in the cabin waiting for me than having to lug it onto the ship.

It is well worth the $4.50 for a 12 pack to have it in the cabin waiting for me than having to lug it onto the ship.

Agree, we'll get two for our 7 day cruise.

Used to be you could bring them on, but they fell victim to the alcohol police.

However, you can still smuggle in water in rumrunners successfully :evilsmile:.

• 4 months later...

I am assuming that if we bring a bottle of wine we will need to pay the corkage fee, is this correct, or is the bottle allowed to be consumed in your room without the corkage fee? I'm asking for my daughter as I don't drink wine and have never had to deal with it before.

I am assuming that if we bring a bottle of wine we will need to pay the corkage fee, is this correct, or is the bottle allowed to be consumed in your room without the corkage fee? I'm asking for my daughter as I don't drink wine and have never had to deal with it before.

You would only pay a corkage fee if you brought it to the MDR. If you consume it in your room (or bring a glass of wine to the MDR) there is no corkage fee.

There no corkage fee if you drink it in your room.

We always take wine with us. Go to the bar and ask for wine glasses. Pour a glass and take it with you to dinner. I have never paid a corkage fee

I know my daughter buys canned water - I think it's flavored, though. We just order a 12 pack for the cabin through the website. As far as wine, we keep the bottle in the room & pour into a glass. We usually just use either the stemmed water glass from the cabin or pour into my yeti.

I believe they changed that too. No longer bring on board, but can buy it from the gift shop prior to boarding. They lowered the price and made it easier to just order it. Saves buying it ahead of time, lugging it through the port and having the security check all the cases of water.