One point until Gold

scomar

I have a 7 day cruise booked for January. My VIFP account says I am one point away from Gold. My question; will I be recognized as Gold (gold sign and sail card and Gold benefits) on this upcoming cruise since the one point will be accumulated the first day of the cruise or will it not be until the next cruise?

Thanks!!

I have a 7 day cruise booked for January. My VIFP account says I am one point away from Gold. My question; will I be recognized as Gold (gold sign and sail card and Gold benefits) on this upcoming cruise since the one point will be accumulated the first day of the cruise or will it not be until the next cruise?

Thanks!!

Yes, you will get a gold card and the benefits this cruise.

Yes, Gold you will be, but sorry, the "benefits", are just lacking IMO.

You will get a free bottle of water, and a coupon for a free drink (to be used on the last day, after 5pm):rolleyes:. You might get a pin, and you might not....depending on if they have them or not for that sailing, or if you ask for it....sorry. Don't mean to be a negative Nellie, but I just don't see what benefit there is in gold vifp.

You will get a free bottle of water, and a coupon for a free drink (to be used on the last day, after 5pm):rolleyes:. You might get a pin, and you might not....depending on if they have them or not for that sailing, or if you ask for it....sorry. Don't mean to be a negative Nellie, but I just don't see what benefit there is in gold vifp.

Ok, while it's not much, it is still better than being Red, or God-forsaken, Blue.

Don't look at the bright side. Geesh:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Because it's just fun to move "up"and get a new color card!

Enjoy your newfound Gold status, OP! :D

Ok, while it's not much, it is still better than being Red, or God-forsaken, Blue.

Don't look at the bright side. Geesh:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ok, I admit I was being a negative Nellie, but , I don't get to cruise often, and have been doing so on and off with Carnival, since 2000, with just 8 cruises till now... Again, this just my opinion. However...as far as looking at the bright side....I am hoping that some day I will be able to cruise again, or even travel again. Sorry did not mean to be negative, but guess I was.

Enjoy your newfound Gold status, OP! :D[/quote

as previously responded to another poster, sorry I was being negative. And yes, to OP, enjoy your gold card and new status.

Enjoy your newfound Gold status, OP! :D

Exactly! We are also going to go gold on our upcoming cruise and I'm excited about it.

And we are getting Cheers so the free bottle of water and drink coupon don't mean much. But it's still fun to graduate to gold! :D

Ok, I admit I was being a negative Nellie, but , I don't get to cruise often, and have been doing so on and off with Carnival, since 2000, with just 8 cruises till now... Again, this just my opinion. However...as far as looking at the bright side....I am hoping that some day I will be able to cruise again, or even travel again. Sorry did not mean to be negative, but guess I was.

Without knowing more about your situation (and you don't need to explain more), I hope that someday you will be able to cruise more or even vacation more.

I too, just started cruising in 2002. Couldn't afford to take the time off from work to cruise like I wanted. It all turned around for me in 2012 (with only 6 cruises then) with an early "forsed' retirement and life changed. Now, with 21 total cruises and 3 more booked in the next 9 months, we enjoy each day like it could be my last day, and don't let an opportunity go by.

Hope you can find the love of cruising again and enjoy many more in the future.

Thanks for the replies.

Joys in life seem be so few and far apart now a days that any joy I can get, I take it, such as moving to Gold:cool:

So you are saying I do not get a 24K Gold S&S card? No free all I can drink liquor? And am not allowed to be the first one on the ship? :mad:Damn ;p

Thanks for the replies.

So you are saying I do not get a 24K Gold S&S card? No free all I can drink liquor? And am not allowed to be the first one on the ship? :mad:Damn ;p

No, not 24K Gold, but you can try to get a 24K Gold ship on a stick!

And you can put all the drinks you can handle on your new Gold S&S card.

And if you are first on the ship, the Captain will let you blow the Horn!

Have fun on your first Golden Cruise.

Thanks!!

Yes you will.

Enjoy your newfound Gold status, OP! :D[/quote

as previously responded to another poster, sorry I was being negative. And yes, to OP, enjoy your gold card and new status.

No problem, SMSACE6. Cheers, and I hope you get to cruise again soon. :)

Just send John 25 angry messages on F-B, and I'm sure you'll get all of those things. Just make sure to address him as "Heald." Lol

Same question here....I have 17 points now and will be going on an 8 day cruise soon. Since the last night of my cruise will put me at 25 points would they consider me gold on this trip or not until the next cruise?

Same question here....I have 17 points now and will be going on an 8 day cruise soon. Since the last night of my cruise will put me at 25 points would they consider me gold on this trip or not until the next cruise?

You will be Gold from the start. Enjoy. :D

I don't think you were being all that negative...it's the truth. I will be gold on my next cruise, and I don't think the "perks" are all that great. And I'm not gonna walk around, flashing my gold card, so everyone knows.

I also don't get the judgment about card colors. It seriously seems like some people turn their nose up at a "god-forsaken blue card." I mean, do people seriously look at a person's card color and judge them in the Carnival hierarchy?

I don't think you were being all that negative...it's the truth. I will be gold on my next cruise, and I don't think the "perks" are all that great. And I'm not gonna walk around, flashing my gold card, so everyone knows.

I also don't get the judgment about card colors. It seriously seems like some people turn their nose up at a "god-forsaken blue card." I mean, do people seriously look at a person's card color and judge them in the Carnival hierarchy?

Nah, they don't. Like I said earlier, it's just fun to move up and get a new color. Cheers.

Maybe. Hehe

My understanding under the new system (yep I am that old) is that if your Points rise to a new level at anytime during the cruise, you will start that cruise on day 1 at the new higher level.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah...you were a bit negative but at the same time accurate.