Pictures from Refurbished SUN

ElaineKeagy

Can you share your experience with the new bar ? Was it running smoothly? Long lines?

Thanks! On the Sun in 21 days!

Which new bar? I just got off the Sun today, and all of the bars seemed to be about what I would have expected them to be (apart from the "no food at the bar" and "no straws" rules, which were new, and I wasn't a fan of.)

So they've gotten rid of the circus striped patterned curtains!

5Czoe4.jpg

More importantly to me, the awful rope patterned yellow, red, and blue carpet that didn’t quite go with the circus curtains. But I do wish they had changed out rather than reupholstering the awful sofas.

Thanks Elaine for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Clay Clayton

Which new bar? I just got off the Sun today, and all of the bars seemed to be about what I would have expected them to be (apart from the "no food at the bar" and "no straws" rules, which were new, and I wasn't a fan of.)

Sorry meant to ask about the new “open bar” concept and how that’s working.

You’re very welcome to y’all that have acknowledged the pictures of the Sun. Just wish I hadn’t missed the areas I did. Can’t believe I missed the Garden Cafe and the theatre. Guess that means I need another cruise on the Sun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all. We're going on the Sun to Cuba and Key West on May 28. Never been on NCL before. Do the rooms have mini-refrigerators? I heard disembarking in Key West was a nightmare. Since we're not docking until 3:00 p.m. and the last tours start at 4:30, I'm not sure we'll make any of them. Any suggestions from those who have just returned?

Hi all. We're going on the Sun to Cuba and Key West on May 28. Never been on NCL before. Do the rooms have mini-refrigerators? I heard disembarking in Key West was a nightmare. Since we're not docking until 3:00 p.m. and the last tours start at 4:30, I'm not sure we'll make any of them. Any suggestions from those who have just returned?

Yes they have refrigerators.

YAY!!! This is our cabin on the Sun for our July 20th sailing! Great pics!!

kat

WOW!!What are the chances that I’d post the same cabin y’all are actually booked in!!!

Have a great cruise.

Wow. What are the chances that I’d post the same cabin y’all are actually booked in!!!

I know lol ... I saw it and I was like wow, that looks familiar and I pulled up my contract and Yep, same room!!

Thanks for all the great photographs, this is our first cruise with NCL and we are super excited that the sun will still be a little shiny and new!!!

I know lol ... I saw it and I was like wow, that looks familiar and I pulled up my contract and Yep, same room!!

Thanks for all the great photographs, this is our first cruise with NCL and we are super excited that the sun will still be a little shiny and new!!!

Nice room location close to two sets of elevators and the atrium. Only down side is that flight if stairs but they do get you a bit of exercise.

Nice room location close to two sets of elevators and the atrium. Only down side is that flight if stairs but they do get you a bit of exercise.

But from friends who have stayed on that secret hallway, didn’t the quiet and lack of traffic make up for the stairs?

See you onboard, we are going the same cruise...

I'm hoping that we can get off fairly quickly in KW, not going on any ship tour but will check out Duval and all the craziness there. I looked at the tours from the ship and most you can do on your own, the "Conch" train you can just buy once off the ship and other tours.

But from friends who have stayed on that secret hallway, didn’t the quiet and lack of traffic make up for the stairs?

I believe that secret hallway (passageway) is called the OSLO Deck - no elevator access.

One half level above the Promenade Deck forward of the atrium.

I believe that secret hallway (passageway) is called the OSLO Deck - no elevator access.

One half level above the Promenade Deck forward of the atrium.

They’re referring to that deck as 6A but might also be known as Oslo. Actually it’s a full flight of stairs down from Deck 7. But it is quiet and is a great location and you have to walk thru the art gallery to access the stairs. The art display changes daily. I think they have a guy whose job consists entirely of hanging then taking down pictures. Every day. All day. Looks about as exciting as selling Invictus watches and chain-by-the-inch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering what “no food at the bar” means? No more snacks - peanuts, chips or you can’t grab a burger 🍔 or such and eat it at the bar with your beverage of choice. :confused:

Just wondering what “no food at the bar” means? No more snacks - peanuts, chips or you can’t grab a burger 🍔 or such and eat it at the bar with your beverage of choice. :confused:

You can eat wings at the tables, not the bar. I attempted to eat, but after waiting 45 minutes for my food, I gave up and left. Probably did myself a favor though, if the food was the same quality as what was served in MDR.

As far as snacks like peanuts, I don't recall. I know you could eat them at some of the other bars on the ship.

• 1 month later...
I am loving everything but this——way too much black....

Thank you so much for posting. I can’t wait until we are on her in September!!

Very black but the old furniture was a dark maroon cloth. It was pretty gross, they changed it out while we were onboard.