Hal - all-inclusive digital photo package

Turnereaux

The all inclusive digital photo package is showing up in my gifts & indulgences page for my upcoming 7 night cruise. It is $99. Seems too good to be true. Any one on here purchased it before and can give me any feedback.

Make sure that you don't have to buy hard copy prints first and the $99 only represents the cost of getting the same prints on a USB stick.

We were able to buy an all inclusive package on the world cruise for about $360 or so. It included the hard copy plus a digital copy. Very good deal. It is a good deal if it includes a copy of every picture for $99.

I think HAL may have brought their photo studio back in house and is experimenting with different pricing structures.

I was able to get an all inclusive photo package on Princess for $99 for 2 of my cruises, one of them being 28 days. It included both the prints and the digital image on a flash drive. I have purchased this package on HAL for my upcoming cruise in November. It didn't say that the prints were included but I would be happy with just the digital images because that is all I ever use anyway.

There is an experiment on Koningsdam. All digital pictures on usb stick for $ 149 (12 day cruise). They experiment on other ships as well.

Do you know if this something you an only purchase after boarding? I checked my upcoming cruise in October and no digital prepurchase packages show up.

Thanks, Tammie

I called HAL yesterday and the rep. answered a lot of questions for me. She said no prints were included and it would be all of the pictures I am included in ( we have two rooms booked so that is nice to know). Gala night, candids at dinner, embarkation pictures are all included. She couldn’t answer my question about resolution of the pictures saved on the flash drive being high enough to print 8x10s but that won’t be a huge deal breaker. Seems like as long as you would normally purchase at least 4-5 pictures on a cruise it would be a good deal.

We return on June 2nd from the Eurodam. I’ll post when we get back!

Do you know if this something you an only purchase after boarding? I checked my upcoming cruise in October and no digital prepurchase packages show up.

Thanks, Tammie

On Koningsdam it was a pilot (trying out different package-types). A similar pilot runs on Eurodam. That may be the reason that you cannot see it before youn are on the ship. Since they won’t sell out, that should not be a problem.

She couldn’t answer my question about resolution of the pictures saved on the flash drive being high enough to print 8x10s but that won’t be a huge deal breaker. Seems like as long as you would normally purchase at least 4-5 pictures on a cruise it would be a good deal.

The file size of the digitals in our HAL package varies from 500kb to 6Mb. They included the original photo’s (the large files). They also edit the files onboard (touchup and add template). Make sure that you also get the originals because the edited files are way smaller (and perhaps less optimal for 8”x10”).

On Koningsdam it was a pilot (trying out different package-types). A similar pilot runs on Eurodam. That may be the reason that you cannot see it before youn are on the ship. Since they won’t sell out, that should not be a problem.

Thank you. I have 100+ days to go so I’ll just keep an eye out. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from our cruise and I have to say the photo package through the website was a great deal! It was advertised on board for $149 (I paid $99 in advance). We are a family of 4 and we had two rooms. The photography people allowed me to get all photos taken of the 4 of us put on the usb which I might add was the cute little cruise ship one. I would definitely purchase this again!

Just got back from our cruise and I have to say the photo package through the website was a great deal! It was advertised on board for $149 (I paid $99 in advance). We are a family of 4 and we had two rooms. The photography people allowed me to get all photos taken of the 4 of us put on the usb which I might add was the cute little cruise ship one. I would definitely purchase this again!

Did you pick out the photos or did they use facial recognition

Originally photo recognition picked the photos. That would have been fine for us until pictures on Gala night when they took pictures of just my boys together. The photo department was able to help me search for those as missing photos and added them to my account.

• 1 month later...

The $99 digital package is available on the website for the Koningsdam for my cruise in October. Before I purchase I was wondering if anyone knows if that’s cabin price or per person price? Thank you

Just off the K'dam and purchased the $149 package. They no longer print 8" x 10" prints of everything but they do selectively put up ones they think are going to entice others. You are able to view the accumulated photos on the screen in your room and you can purchase individual prints that way if that's what works for you. If you purchase the package you get a (ship shaped) thumb drive with full resolution JPG files (not RAW) but they include all of the variations of the original shot - so there will be one file that is the full size shot and another file that (if printed) would be two medium size and four wallet-size (for example). You also get a digital release that allows you to take these to your favorite photo processing site and get prints without running afoul of their copyright.

Just off the K'dam and purchased the $149 package. They no longer print 8" x 10" prints of everything but they do selectively put up ones they think are going to entice others. You are able to view the accumulated photos on the screen in your room and you can purchase individual prints that way if that's what works for you. If you purchase the package you get a (ship shaped) thumb drive with full resolution JPG files (not RAW) but they include all of the variations of the original shot - so there will be one file that is the full size shot and another file that (if printed) would be two medium size and four wallet-size (for example). You also get a digital release that allows you to take these to your favorite photo processing site and get prints without running afoul of their copyright.

Wonderful information. Was the cost per party (cabin) or per person. My sister and I are traveling together and wondering if we can share it (like Disney package). Thank you.

Wonderful information. Was the cost per party (cabin) or per person. My sister and I are traveling together and wondering if we can share it (like Disney package). Thank you.

Yes it does sound good, so much better. I too was wondering if it is like Disney Photopass. I like that all our WDW pics are connected regardless of whose Magicband is scanned. We will be a multi-generation group this next cruise.

Was the cost per party (cabin) or per person.

I imagine that the $149 covers everyone in one stateroom. They do seem to be sorting these by facial recognition and there were two photos that were not us on our thumb drive of 180 shots (not actual shot but rather files consisting of larger and smaller prints to use the print analogy - not sure why anyone opting for the digital package would want them to arrange into a print file).

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this information. We will purchase the Digital Photo Package for $99 for our 24 day cruise on the K'dam in October. This looks like a great deal!

Cheers

• 1 month later...

We are booked on the K-dam in November and I came across the $99 digital photo package while looking through Gifts and Indulgences available. Seems like an excellent deal, but came here to research because it sounds too good to be true. Sounds legitimate after reading through this. Knowing before I board that I can get a digital copy of every photo taken of us for $99, you better believe my ugly mug will be cheesing it up as often as possible!

Thought I would reply to this so others might be able to take advantage of it as well. Not sure if this is available on other ships, but it is available on the Koningsdam and sounds like the price goes up $50 if you wait to purchase once onboard.

We are booked on the K-dam in November and I came across the $99 digital photo package while looking through Gifts and Indulgences available. Seems like an excellent deal, but came here to research because it sounds too good to be true. Sounds legitimate after reading through this. Knowing before I board that I can get a digital copy of every photo taken of us for $99, you better believe my ugly mug will be cheesing it up as often as possible!

Thought I would reply to this so others might be able to take advantage of it as well. Not sure if this is available on other ships, but it is available on the Koningsdam and sounds like the price goes up $50 if you wait to purchase once onboard.

I’m also thinking of purchasing this on the K’dam. But I’ve heard it doesn’t include any of the formal night photos. Those are the ones I really would won’t.

Can anyone verify what’s the package really includes?

Thanks

I’m also thinking of purchasing this on the K’dam. But I’ve heard it doesn’t include any of the formal night photos. Those are the ones I really would won’t.

Can anyone verify what’s the package really includes?

Thanks

Someone above said it included Gala Night photos. Call Ship Services and see what they say.