Royal Genie Questionnaire

We received the questionnaire today for our July cruise. I've read on these boards that some questions are very interesting. I've also read that the Genie will try to do anything possible, within reason, to accommodate requests. When I came to the question "Name 3 people, famous or infamous, throughout history you would like to invite to dinner" I had to think. As good as those Genies are I'm betting a deceased US President is probably not an option. Probably not the person who invented the cruise ship flush toilet either! So I went with a safe choice, our board Host Clarea. Maybe you should start packing Bob. We sail on July 7th. 🤣

We sail later this year so we haven't received our survey but as soon as I read this question I knew what my answer would be. My mom. She passed away 7 years ago and loved cruising. I would never write that as my answer because it would make it awkward for everyone involved.

I just ignore those types of questions and only answer the ones that will be truly helpful like what kinds of drinks we want. I find the other questions to be ridiculous and of no real value. I just leave them blank.

I do believe some genies truly read your answers. One of our genies on a past cruise had decorated our room (on an in suite formal night dinner) with quotes from our dinner guest choices. I had Einstein, Oprah and Stephen Hawking quotes up the staircase and on the walls! It was really lovely!

Our Genie definitely read ours. My niece is a Harry Potter fan and got a color changing mug and I think a T-Shirt. I put Jerry Garcia as someone I would have liked to have dinner with and got a really nice T-Shirt related to him. I also mentioned cigars in the questionnaire and he gave me a travel humidor along with two ship models, towels and such. It was a great way to end the trip, they were waiting for us when we returned from dinner on the last evening.

I found the entire genie question ere thing a waste of time.

None of it really pertained to the cruise at all.

"who would you like to be stranded on an island with"

***? If we are stuck on an island something has gone horribly wrong with my cruise

I just waited to the genie email, and emailed directly what we would like.. and

the genie handled it perfectly.

We have sailed in Star Class a few times, every time, we have received gifts based on our answers to the survey questions, so, I know the Genies read them. It’s just a fun way to get to know you. All the other things like mini bar drinks and snacks, you can email directly with the Genie, when he/she contacts you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We thought the questionnaire was fun, especially our 10 year old granddaughter who received gifts both years. Her first year she received Jeff Dunham items and the second year Scooby Doo and she loved everything. I know the questions seem silly but that she had such fun answering them, especially when she could not repeat an answer from the first time. We will be sailing on the Anthem, with a genie, in September and she is already looking forward to the questionnaire and when her answers will be.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, Star Class is not consistent and I have contacted RCI regarding it. We had a marvelous experience with Cleon on Harmony, but a very mediocre experience on Anthem. Our Anthem genie did not even send us the wacky questionnaire. We are back on Harmony very soon. Hoping our Anthem experience was an anomaly.

Not sure if we can continue to book Star Class since RCI heavily jacked up Star Class pricing.

It really depends on the Genie. We have been on four Star Class cruises and have had 3 different Genies. None of them were subpar or unsatisfactory, but one went over and beyond. I know I have gotten the questionnaire every sailing, because I tried to give different answers to gauge the performance the Genies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have heard stories from others we have met in star class about the genies they have had in the past. After awhile you get to know which genies are ok, good or great! Each on is different, some offer more than others but only once have a ever heard someone say that they didn't like their genie. Luckily you can always request a different one if you head back on the same ship! We have had Susan and Allan and we loved them both!

They are very different but both were exceptional. And both knew things I had put in the questionnaire.

Genie emails you a survey ~6 weeks prior to sailing asking questions about your family. Many report they don't receive but I suspect it falls into spam or they dismiss it because of the very poor email address it s sent from.

What are these Genie Surveys? We have been on Alure and heading out on Oasis in 2 weeks. We have not received a genie survey.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...
On 5/31/2018 at 3:21 PM, Shacky316 said:

Unfortunately, Star Class is not consistent and I have contacted RCI regarding it. We had a marvelous experience with Cleon on Harmony, but a very mediocre experience on Anthem. Our Anthem genie did not even send us the wacky questionnaire. We are back on Harmony very soon. Hoping our Anthem experience was an anomaly.

Not sure if we can continue to book Star Class since RCI heavily jacked up Star Class pricing.

Do you mind me asking who your genie was.  We are sailing on the Anthem in a few weeks and I am curious.