Celebrity with teens

mayesq

Without knowing more, it is impossible to answer this.

What cruise are you looking at? What time of year?

What do your kids like to do? Are they outgoing or shy? Are they comfortable meeting others their age or are they loners? What are their interests?

My own DS who is an only child and quite shy, met a great group of friends at Teen group events on our Baltic cruise, so much so he flew to visit one of them over the Christmas holidays. Hoping friend will return to us soon. He keeps up with others via Facebook. He did host a movie night in our cabin. Think if you're boys are open to meeting new teens they will have a great time.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

True, but some would not. Just as many adults prefer the Royal ships and others don't. It's not possible to make recommendations without the itinerary, time of year, etc. Will it be during summer break? There will be others their own age. Will it be during school term? They might find themselves nearly alone.

Our two daughters started cruising with us as Teens and loved it. Met a number of friends, and are avid cruisers now.

Agree, no way of saying if they’d enjoy Celebrity. If you do, and your teens are much like you, they will. If they work to not spend time with you and ‘hang out’ (yup, dated myself!) with friends, then maybe not.

My recommendation is to give it a go. My experience is there have been teens on all our cruises, including TransAtlantics and so on.

Very subjective.

Den

Another point -- I doubt if the two boys like the same things. Perhaps one loves to swim, the other doesn't. Perhaps one loves to read, the other loves video games. One might like to stick close to his parents, the other doesn't. It's just impossible to say "will they like Equinox".

Another point -- I doubt if the two boys like the same things. Perhaps one loves to swim, the other doesn't. Perhaps one loves to read, the other loves video games. One might like to stick close to his parents, the other doesn't. It's just impossible to say "will they like Equinox".

Give it a shot. If they are anything like 'typical' teens around the world they will be plugged into their earphones or ear buds and walking around in a musical daze, missing so many opportunities to actually meet new and interesting people. Or they may walk around being bored. Or not. They may choose to be interactive and have lots of fun and see some of the world outside their immediacy. We took our teens with a couple of their friends on a cruise some years back and they had a really good time. Expensive, but worth every cent. In some cases with all the options to do things the comment you might hear the most is: "I'm bored. Really nothing to do". :evilsmile:

Mine did when they were a little older than yours, and I have a friend who took his three last summer on Equinox (Age 11, 13 and 15 at the time) and they enjoyed themselves. Those three boys are quiet and homeschooled, and know how to entertain themselves. They are happy to read a book during downtime.

There is no giant climbing wall, water slide or bowling alley. There is a pool, basketball court, small arcade, and a teen club with a couple of game machines. Will yours enjoy the sea days with those options?

Our teens have even been on Equinox twice, as well as all the other S class ships, and they have enjoyed themselves immensely. The only exception was Reflection where they said it was too crowded for their liking. It really does depend on what ‘floats their boat’ - ours like to meet new people and we involve them in the decision making for port stops etc. They have been on every one of our cruises (youngest celebrated his 5th birthday on his first cruise) and I couldn’t imagine sailing without them, even though this probably will be the case in the not so distant future - definitely the cheaper option though :D.

Celebrity is not the best choice IMHO. There are better choices with MANY more activities targeting teens. I've only taken 2 Celebrity cruises, but on both the number of teens was in the single digits.

My boys have been on 5 cruises including Disney, NCL and Carnival. The more activities available on the shop, the better. We were looking at the Caribbean for this summer. Typically we plan a year in advance. Our last cruise was last summer in Alaska. All others have been the Caribbean. I just don’t want them to be bored or annoyed by having to really dress up for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True, but some would not. Just as many adults prefer the Royal ships and others don't. It's not possible to make recommendations without the itinerary, time of year, etc. Will it be during summer break? There will be others their own age. Will it be during school term? They might find themselves nearly alone.

Understood, my comment was based on venues and kid friendly things to do on each line. In general, teens love Royal Caribbean and things like the flow rider, rock climbing walls, entertainment, royal promenade, and even activities. There are also more kids around. Of course, that's a generalization and some kids aren't into all of that. As you say, some adults like Royal Caribbean more as well.

I'd go for it. A lot of people will try and discourage you but go for it. There are usually always some kids on most cruises. They tend to go with their parents or grandparents and not all parents get vacation in only the summer months.