Promotional mails from Celebrity

B x

I've noticed several posts and discussing threads about emails for flash sales and such like.

Does anyone know if these are generated to US clients only or Worldwide as I have never received one - I am in the UK and am definitely on their mailing list as I receive mails promoting new sailings ships etc.

I received the notifications of the flash sales and I too am in the UK. Do you have a current booking? Maybe they are only sending this type of e-maIL if you have an upcoming cruise?

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping for one from a UK resident. Yes I have two cruises booked, one the end of next week and another late summer, that's what sparked my interest. Maybe I'll give Captains Club a call.

Looks like the usual Celebrity IT mistakes again then. Good luck talking to Captain's Club. If it helps last weeks e-mail was sent with the subject line Save up to 20% on selected pre-cruise purchases*

Just come off the phone to Captains Club, extremely quick for a change. They confirm I am subscribed which I already knew from my account profile and suggested they may be going into my junk, do I check that daily, of course I do and nothing from them of late. So it's another cyberspace mystery.

Just come off the phone to Captains Club, extremely quick for a change. They confirm I am subscribed which I already knew from my account profile and suggested they may be going into my junk, do I check that daily, of course I do and nothing from them of late. So it's another cyberspace mystery.

Just went through this. Although subscribed, the email did not populate into my booking. This may be consistent across the system. Captain’s club had to manually add my email to my current booking. Missed the flash sale which I could have used since I didn’t get the email. According to the rep, once your captain’s club number is added to your booking, your email should populate. Mine didn’t. Call and ask for yours to be checked.

Same here, my TA always adds my CC number to bookings as do they when you book on board. Just checked with them again and they confirmed everything is where it should be but don't seem to have any explanation other than junk box. A good cop out.

I have tried several times to get on the mailing list. Nothing. I emailed customer service and they responded it was fixed. Nope. Not in my junk mail either. Not through laptop or iPhone. Just kicks me out. I do have a cruise booked.

I have tried several times to get on the mailing list. Nothing. I emailed customer service and they responded it was fixed. Nope. Not in my junk mail either. Not through laptop or iPhone. Just kicks me out. I do have a cruise booked.

I have had issue some time ago with one email provider that used to strip mail that i didn't even know wasn't reaching me. Just mentioning since it could even be that and you would not necessarily see in your personal junk. That said, it isn't likely that since there seems to be many other oddities with Celebrity mailings, not getting any at all seems a bit odd though.

I will add that I am in Canada and I get them from time to time, just got a recent one that I think others have been referring to but think there have been other times I have not. I have a cruise booked for October.

I have had issue some time ago with one email provider that used to strip mail that i didn't even know wasn't reaching me. Just mentioning since it could even be that and you would not necessarily see in your personal junk. That said, it isn't likely that since there seems to be many other oddities with Celebrity mailings, not getting any at all seems a bit odd though.

I will add that I am in Canada and I get them from time to time, just got a recent one that I think others have been referring to but think there have been other times I have not. I have a cruise booked for October.

Hmm? Could be that. How would one know this is happening in their mail?

Interestingly enough Celebrity is about the only service that I have signed up for e-mail alerts etc. that has not yet asked me to confirm continued acceptance of that under the new terms and conditions set out under the new EU Data Protection regs (GDPR). They have until the 24th may I think.

I don't remember subscribing to e-mails specifically. I think it came about when I made my first booking from memory.

I have a cruise booked for September, and did not get an email concerning the Flash sale a few days ago. Thanks to this forum I did find out about it. I only ever get general emails every few months. I have often wondered why some people get offers and others don't. I have checked my 'preferences' in my account many times and I have gradually ticked all boxes so should receive:

Celebrity E-Newsletters

Special Offers on Featured Sailings

Celebrity Xpeditions; new and Exotic Cruise Itineraries and Excursions

Select Celebrity Partners

Pre-Cruise Specials (applies to booked guests)

Family and Friends Reunion Cruising

I have never received any of these. But it would be especially useful to get the Pre Cruise Specials. I know there are other emails in the US for the EXciting Deals and Tuesday Specials - it would be lovely to have access to these. I have often searched for them but have only seen them when someone has posted them on this forum.

I check Junk every day, so that is not the answer.

It is interesting to see that I am not the only one not getting the Celebrity promotional emails! I called the Captains Club and they said they fixed it. That was back in February. I still have not received any emails from Celebrity except the ones I got this week that said my final payment is due.

I have just been on Celebrity’s website and I cannot find where you sign up for email specials. I looked everywhere. Can anyone help me with this?

I can’t speak for those who are not captain’s club members but once your email is populated, you have to login to your captains club profile and update your email preferences.

Once my email was added, when you go into the profile it says something to the effect of not completed so there is an additional step of saying you do want the emails after your contact information has been included.

It is interesting to see that I am not the only one not getting the Celebrity promotional emails! I called the Captains Club and they said they fixed it. That was back in February. I still have not received any emails from Celebrity except the ones I got this week that said my final payment is due.

Like you, the only time I get an email from Celebrity is when our final payment is due. We have been sailing with them since 1993. I have two cruises booked for this year. Have called Captain's Club and have heard the usual, "we have your email" and "it must go to your junk mail", which I check every day. Always an excuse, but never a fix.