Regal Princess sleeping configuration E302.

nimiq

Hello all,

Our friends just book a partially obstructed balcony cabin E302 on the Regal and was wondering how was the bed arrangement made for a couple with two kids ?

Do they have sofa beds or pull out from ceiling bed in that cabin ?

If anyone has a picture of that specific room even better.

Princess website not very helpful.

Thanks all

Sea ya

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve seen a photo of a triple occupancy balcony on Royal-class ships which was recessed into the ceiling parallel to the balcony. Here’s a link to a photo of a standard balcony cabin photo which shows 2 recessed beds over a queen configured bed. My guess would be that a quad configuration would require the lower bed to be twins to create bunk beds. To have a sofa bed it would be necessary to have a deluxe balcony cabin.

https://d1zqayhc1yz6oo.cloudfront.net/14634eab12c0b46d0b56fd4179ddefb8.jpg

598B6755-925A-4904-A1EB-692E6CFFC6C6.jpeg.db75a911c0340909333d62a92d6d1f0d.jpeg

We were in E332. It's a Deluxe balcony room, which means it had a single sofa bed. To me it was more comfortable than a regular bed.

Non-deluxe balcony rooms will have beds coming out of the ceiling.

E302 appears to be BW category which is not deluxe.

• 1 month later...
According to Princess, the twin beds in Category BW cannot be made into a queen. Has anyone found that to be the case?

in our Deluxe balcony category we definitely had 2 twins and the single sofa, and they didn't turn the 2 twins into a queen. Which worked for us anyway, with DS and DH on a twin bed each, and me on the sofa.

My parents were in E502 which is a BW category and they had a queen size bed.

I went to the website, deck plan, regal princess, typed in the room number....Not sure of the sailing date....

See the attachment for where I clicked on Deck Plan...Don't just click on the name of the ship.

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=GP&version=8

"Balcony Obstructed staterooms are approximately 222 square feet and feature all the comforts and amenities of the Balcony cabins, but have a partially or fully obstructed view from the approximately 41 square foot balcony. Some also have pullman beds to accommodate 3rd and 4th passengers."

Capture.PNG.8ecbed531381089b0d3f7b0118575531.PNG

Edited by JennyB1977

in our Deluxe balcony category we definitely had 2 twins and the single sofa, and they didn't turn the 2 twins into a queen. Which worked for us anyway, with DS and DH on a twin bed each, and me on the sofa.

My parents were in E502 which is a BW category and they had a queen size bed.

That's interesting! Thanks for the first-hand knowledge. (y)

According to Princess, the twin beds in Category BW cannot be made into a queen. Has anyone found that to be the case?

Not first hand knowledge but looking at the deckplan and reading the description the twin beds can not be made into a queensize if the 2 dropdown beds are used.

"When upper bed is used in cabins that sleep 3, the balcony door is blocked. In cabins that sleep 4, the two lower beds do not convert to queensize if upper beds are used".

E 302 will accommodate 4 people

E 502 will accommodate 3 people

Theo

Lower bunks in twin configuration

Upper bunks come down from the ceiling over the top of the lower bunks.

If you want you may be able to request a roll-a-way for the forth berth. This has to be done at the time of booking. Roll-a-ways block access to the balcony and are stored in cabin during the day.

Not first hand knowledge but looking at the deckplan and reading the description the twin beds can not be made into a queensize if the 2 dropdown beds are used.

"When upper bed is used in cabins that sleep 3, the balcony door is blocked. In cabins that sleep 4, the two lower beds do not convert to queensize if upper beds are used".

E 302 will accommodate 4 people

E 502 will accommodate 3 people

Theo

Yeah, the quads make sense but even the double occupancy cabins state that the twins are non-convertible. Not talking about 3rd/4th berth cabins, but that may help others.

Hello all,

Our friends just book a partially obstructed balcony cabin E302 on the Regal and was wondering how was the bed arrangement made for a couple with two kids ?

Do they have sofa beds or pull out from ceiling bed in that cabin ?

If anyone has a picture of that specific room even better.

Princess website not very helpful.

Thanks all

Sea ya

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a standard balcony D608. It was comfortable but I couldn't not imagine having 4 people in the room. There would be no space to even move or breathe. Never mind 4 people's stuff. But if you like cozy living. In reality there is just enough space to move around the bed and put cabin bags on the floor. And without access to the balcony because of more sleeping space it would likely feel really tight.

Here’s a post with photos showing why they would not recommend 4 people in a Royal-class balcony cabin.

If you are considering or have booked a regular balcony room for 4 on the Royal or Regal - DON'T DO IT!!!

The layout of the room (when the 3rd and 4th berths are opened) is horrible and it is impossible to navigate the room when the ladders for the bunks are in place.

I'm not complaining about the square footage of the room. It was fine and we have sailed with 4 people in much smaller rooms with no problem. It is all in the design and use of the space. For brand new ships the design is the worst I have ever seen and we've been cruising with 4 in a room for many many years on many cruise lines. Other Princess ships don't have this poor design.

I understand the deluxe balcony room would only have one upper bunk and one pull out sofa bed, but Princess shouldn't be selling these regular balcony rooms for 4. We are not large people and had a lot of difficulty navigating the room when the bunks are down and if the ladders are in place at the end of the beds (which because of the design of the pull down beds is the only place they fit) it is a hazard to move around the room in the dark. As you can see in the photos there are sharp corners and very little clearance between the bottom bunks and the wall.

Here are some pictures - note the ladders are against the wall -because if they were in place I couldn't have been moving around to take the pictures.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Just saying... you've been warned [emoji33][emoji33]

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yeah, the quads make sense but even the double occupancy cabins state that the twins are non-convertible. Not talking about 3rd/4th berth cabins, but that may help others.

Here is a screenshot showing what the Princess website shows regarding Queen beds/Twin beds. As far as I can figure it the non-convertible only applies to 3 or 4 people in the cabin. Cabins for double occupancy should always have the Queen bed option.

Look at their advertising pictures, they almost all show the Queen set-up.

Untitled.jpg.ec198510a6c06c54957ad32fcf310730.jpg

Theo

Here is a screenshot showing what the Princess website shows regarding Queen beds/Twin beds. As far as I can figure it the non-convertible only applies to 3 or 4 people in the cabin. Cabins for double occupancy should always have the Queen bed option.

[ATTACH]424406[/ATTACH]

Theo

I would say all twins can be configured as queens - they just push the beds together if you look under the covers! But with bed 3 and 4 if you pushed twins together you wouldn't be able to get into or even 'drop down' the upper beds I don't think - you need the gap down the middle to stand

[ATTACH]424406[/ATTACH]

On some ships there are a few cabins where twin beds truly cannot be moved into a queen position. It has nothing to do with 3rd or 4th persons in the cabin.

However, as others have pointed out, if you are using drop down beds for 3rd and 4th occupants, the ladder to the top beds is usually positioned between the lower beds beds and thus you need that aisle to gain access to the upper beds. Some cabin stewards will be willing at your request to put the two lower beds together anyway.

Theo - Thanks - that makes sense to me but I wish they'd designate that on the brochures and with the phone reps. A general statement that "all" Cat. BWs have non-convertible twins makes it hard to plan. Thanks though - I appreciate it.

Caribill is right that there are some twins that cannot be converted into queens. I know that some minis cannot due to the set up of the cabin. The ones I know about cannot because they were originally created to be handicapped cabins but for some reason, they couldn't pass inspection so they are marked as regular cabins. The twin beds have to stay separate due to a walkway between them from the cabin door to the balcony door. For the Caribbean Princess (& others in that class I'm assuming), these are the last corner mini-suites on the Emerald Deck. I've had the last corner regular balcony cabins and they aren't this way, but the minis on Emerald are, so just be aware.