LIVE from the Regal- 5.21.18! The Tale of 3 Princesses, the Baltic, and Suite Destiny

TracieABD

Hi Tracie,

Please say they're not over as I'm still eagerly waiting to hear about your last sea day....:cool:

:D

me too! or you could write about your boring 'back to work, doing laundry' etc. i have a feeling that would be a good read from you as well!

We are both home safe and sound. I posted daily summaries including 7 port summaries with pics on my FB Page. You have to kind of weed through the videos. I have no luggage yet. CDG is such a mess. I know my luggage is coming, but just not sure when. I figured 5 Days. They had a system breakdown on May 27 and were hand sorting 80,000 bags. I am getting ready to post my video finale and souvenir show. What I do after every adventure. I will post the link if you can’t find it.

P1, I am ready to go again!;)

FB was not cooperating with my upload for some reason. After every adventure I make a video photo album with a soundtrack. The photos might bore you, but everyone enjoys the soundtracks.

If you have traveled the Baltic, this will bring back good memories. If you are booked or considering the Baltic’s, this will inspire you. Dedicated to P1, the ultimate cruiser!

Enjoy

FB was not cooperating with my upload for some reason. After every adventure I make a video photo album with a soundtrack. The photos might bore you, but everyone enjoys the soundtracks.

If you have traveled the Baltic, this will bring back good memories. If you are booked or considering the Baltic’s, this will inspire you. Dedicated to P1, the ultimate cruiser!

Enjoy

Loved it! <3(y)

Thanks so much for sharing your big adventure with us!! :D:cool::D

Hello folks. I feel awkward intruding on all the fun posts here with a mundane question, but if you'll allow me ...

Was the Internet working with good speed? There were reports from the Regal's transatlantic that Internet and the TV system were both struggling at best.

So we're getting ready to sail the same cruise in two months and wondering: How were the Internet and TV working? Thanks.

Jim

Jasbo49 - the internet and tv question

Best I can tell you is you never know or never depend on any internet or TV. It can come and go depending on lots of factors. Also the number of people on the network. We had days the Internet was down for an extended period. I was satisfied overall with the internet and I am a frequent user. I understand the deal when at sea it’s not 100%. You won’t be without internet, but I supplement the ship internet with an ATT day pass on my iPhone at $10/day. Much faster and better. Between my personal phone and ship, I never had issues that were unreasonable. You need to expect less and be pleasantly surprised if it’s better. The TV goes in and out all the time. It depends on satellite.

Internet is always available onshore as well.

Cheers!

Jasbo49 - the internet and tv question

Best I can tell you is you never know or never depend on any internet or TV. It can come and go depending on lots of factors. Also the number of people on the network. We had days the Internet was down for an extended period. I was satisfied overall with the internet and I am a frequent user. I understand the deal when at sea it’s not 100%. You won’t be without internet, but I supplement the ship internet with an ATT day pass on my iPhone at $10/day. Much faster and better. Between my personal phone and ship, I never had issues that were unreasonable. You need to expect less and be pleasantly surprised if it’s better. The TV goes in and out all the time. It depends on satellite.

Internet is always available onshore as well.

Cheers!

Thanks, Paige. Sounds like some of the problems DougH brought up are still present because of location issues.

Jim

Enjoy

Love the video! It brought back memories of our Baltic Cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, Paige. Sounds like some of the problems DougH brought up are still present because of location issues.

Jim

My TA is on the Regal right now and is having issues with lack of internet.

I had such fun following P1and P2 through the Baltic! It brought back great memories of our Baltic cruise 5 years ago.

You two Princesses are just fabulous. I live in Overland Park, KS, so Paige and I are sort of neighbors. I followed her on her Tahiti/South Pacific journey a while back and am so jealous that she got to meet my ultimate s/hero, Yellow Fish! Paige, Jeannie, and Tracie make living in land-locked Kansas a little bit more tolerable! Perhaps we'll meet up on a wonderful cruise someday. Loved the blog!!! Thanks for the adventure.

Thanks Tracie for taking the time to post all of your adventures.

Thoroughly enjoying all your posts. My wife & I are booked on the 8/28 sailing out of Copenhagen & looking forward to it. Your posts just made us even more excited for this adventure. Thx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OMG...

I was just searching around for P2’s latest- and truly- greatest blog — and it dawned on me that I never came back and completed this blog...

Oops. Sorry. My bad.

Best I can remember (after all, it was a whole 3 months ago— a ton of stuff has happened since then)- The last sea day was like every last day on a cruise ship... sad. Very, very sad. I have a vague recollection of packing and moping. Probably way more moping than packing.

I know that we skipped the CC dining that night, but showed up later make a proper goodbye to our fabulous waitstaff. For the life of me, I can’t remember what or where we ate.

This I do remember- We were warned by Princess that taxi’s from the port were few and far between and that we should take the Princess transfer. Of course, being stubborn princesses, we did not listen.

Early on the morning of disembarkation- there were a bevy of taxis. We shared one to the airport. And were there in record time. We got ourselves checked in. i paid to check the 46 pound carry on beast. I just could not deal.

Once we passed through security- we dealt with the VAT people. And then spied a Georg Jensen (sort of the equiviant of Danish Tiffany’s). We purchased matching daisy necklaces as a reminder of a fabulous vacation blind date to the Baltic. It was perfect.

After that, there just was no more time. We said our goodbyes- and trotted off to our respective gates. I flew from CPH to HEL. I had a bit of a layover in HEL and did some shopping there. Mostly though I was just sad- so I moped in the airport. I moped over coffee and a cinnamon roll. I moped all the way onto the plane.

I remember very little about my flight to Chicago. I was very tired when I arrived. And grumpy. Really grumpy. I have Global Entry, so getting through Immagration was a breeze- but then I had to wait for the luggage. And wait. And wait. For almost an hour. I missed my flight to Charlotte- but was preemptively booked by the airline on a later flight.

The flight from ORD to CLT had issues. We waited on the ORD tarmac to take off. We waited on the CLT tarmac to deboard. Somewhere in all of this, a travel tragedy occurred...

... I LOST MY FAMOUS BLUE PUFFY COAT! I was absolutely distraught. I have suffered less from break-ups. That coat was my travel soulmate. (Update: in spite of that color being retired, I was able find another one- a prime example of the adage “ The best problems are those that you can throw some money at.” I have a NEW navy puffy coat and my world has been restored to sanity.)

Once I finally was able to get off the plane- I was met- at my gate by a smiling PJ (he had just flown in too)- and we rode off into to the sunset to live happily ever after!

The End!

PS- If anyone reads this- forgive me for the long absence. It has been a busy and fun couple of months!

Thank you for following along! Trying to figure out where to go next... In the meantime, I will just have to live vicariously through P2 who happens to be blogging from the British Isles- as we speak!

Thanks Tracy for the final chapter of this adventure. ;)

Every time we’ve disembarked in Copenhagen they highly promote their shuttles due to a lack of taxis. Like you we’ve never had any delay getting a taxi during disembarkation. :confused:

And there you have it, Frank... confirmation!

Where to next?

Thank you! Are you following P2 on her fabulous British Isles vacation?

I am following P2 on Facebook and here on CC!! LOVE both of your trip reports. I did the Baltic in July and I read this entire thread before I left. Thank you for all of the great information and wonderful pictures!

Now I want to go on a blind date cruise with both of you!!

I am following P2 on Facebook and here on CC!! LOVE both of your trip reports. I did the Baltic in July and I read this entire thread before I left. Thank you for all of the great information and wonderful pictures!

Now I want to go on a blind date cruise with both of you!!

OK! Where to? My dance card is pretty open! I am pretty sure we can talk P2 into some shenanigans!

OK! Where to? My dance card is pretty open! I am pretty sure we can talk P2 into some shenanigans!

That would be amazing!! I am open in most of 2019. Currently booked on B2B cruises on Sky Princess in December 2019 with my folks.

I retired in January. Right now I am trying to sell my house in San Diego so I can move to a 55+ community in Orange County CA. I hope to be settled by the end of the year. Transatlantic? Europe? Australia? I have a long bucket list!!!;):D