LIVE from the Regal- 5.21.18! The Tale of 3 Princesses, the Baltic, and Suite Destiny

TracieABD

Don’t worry about helsinki - the rock church is nice, but honestly it was the least memorable city on a very exciting itinerary. The alien peeing might be my kids favorite thing about helsinki, but there 3 and 7. Otherwise it’s just odd.

I’m sorry that you didn’t get a real chance to see Helsinki. My ex-wife was Finnish, I refer to her as my ex-wife from HELL-sinki, and although I have awful memories of our years together, I have very fond memories of our visits to Finland and its quirky citizens. Finnish coffee is also something I still appreciate and I buy it whenever I see it for sale in international groceries.

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

You had to have been on the same tour as we were. I believe our guide's name was Olga??

We were also fortunate to have the Hermitage practically to ourselves with SPB tours last year. It was the last Princess Cruise there for the season.

Following along with you made me go back and look at our pictures. We did this itinerary in 2008. It’s a wonderful trip. Thanks for allowing me to do it again for free- in a suite no less lol!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tracie - I forwarded your SPB reports off to your favorite TA. She is so psyched about her trip! Glad you are having fun!

When does she leave?

I have a feeling we all share this TA and I have some business to take care of - maybe I'd better call to check.

I just saw that. :(

I'll call in the morning - I hope M isn't going, too!

Why don’t you have your conversation via email. Otherwise please share what your discussing with the rest of us. Thank you :)

Helsinki is a good port to take it easy after two action packed days in St. Petersburg. We did option 6 and used the tram to get to the Rock Church with a fantastic organ concert while we were there (don’t forget to have euros if you need to use the toilet there). It was then to the harbor area to see the Havis Amanda, do some souvenir shopping at the farmer’s market, have a nice lunch and then a final stop at the Merimekko flagship store for more shopping before returning to the port. There are some nice stands at the port and I think we got a better price on a Mats Jonasson piece than we saw in Stockholm.

I have very much enjoyed reading your blog. We are doing a similar itinery in just over 3 weeks time. Reading your blog has got me very excited and given lots of ideas on where to visit. Thank you! Enjoy the rest of your cruise .... looking forward to the next update!

Tracie - I forwarded your SPB reports off to your favorite TA. She is so psyched about her trip! Glad you are having fun!

Thank you so much, Coral!

Here is an interesting tidbit... Nancy is staying in the same cabin as P2 and me! We are leaving little items for her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much, Coral!

Here is an interesting tidbit... Nancy is staying in the same cabin as P2 and me! We are leaving little items for her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One time someone we "knew" from CC was staying in our cabin after us and it was so much fun to leave things for her!

Just make sure you tell your steward what you're doing.

In our case he said that a cleaning crew - not he - would be cleaning the cabin in between cruises so we had to leave everything with Guest Relations to be delivered.

So much more fun to actually really know the person! :D

Tracie, I just looked at the Regal bridge cam and unless I’m mistaken it looks you are docked right in Stockholm rather than Nyasham? If so lucky you! The sailing in and out of Stockholm is breathtaking!! I know the previous sailing was at Nyasham.

That is too funny about the suite! Nancy forwarded a moveover offer to me yesterday for our British Isles cruise on June 6 on the Royal. It’s a definite no for us as we are traveling with family and friends, have a lovely flat rented in London pre cruise, numerous private tours booked and most importantly tickets to Hamilton!

Seems as though there are a lot of moveovers lately! You two were definitely the lucky ones !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

That is too funny about the suite! Nancy forwarded a moveover offer to me yesterday for our British Isles cruise on June 6 on the Royal. It’s a definite no for us as we are traveling with family and friends, have a lovely flat rented in London pre cruise, numerous private tours booked and most importantly tickets to Hamilton!

I tried to get Hamilton tickets for my London stay. I was too late. I hope you enjoy!

I tried to get Hamilton tickets for my London stay. I was too late. I hope you enjoy!

Check on Ticketmaster UK frequently. There definitely are cancellations all the time that pop up. Their Ticketmaster system (unlike US) somehow prevents scalpers. My tickets were cancellations as I just bought them a month ago, and after the exchange were $125 each but they are advertised as slightly obstructed. I’m ok with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums