LIVE from the Regal- 5.21.18! The Tale of 3 Princesses, the Baltic, and Suite Destiny

TracieABD

Should be a good cruise. On regal at the moment. With the exception of Warnemunde and one morning in St. Petersburg the weather was fantastic. St. Petersburg is the most likely place for rain (. The weather changed to sun by the afternoon ) and Warnemunde we were delayed arriving due to fog. The captain extended the port stay however all Berlin tours were canceled. It is not likely to happen again as it is not normal to fog dense enough to close the port . Regal is a lovely ship. I have enjoyed my time onboard

YIKES...a 46 lb carryon bag! :eek:

Based on our previous ANZ experience next month we’ll need to have our carryon bags within their maximum 15 lb weight limit. Last time they gate checked my bag that exceeded their limit for free. Once Air Canada charged us a fee to gate check a carryon bag.

Even when flying in a lay flat premium class seat using FF miles I only get a couple of hours of sleep. Hopefully you got some sleep & everything went smoothly on your flights.

Super quick update:

I am on the plane to Copenhagen. It is packed and I have rather large seat mate. (I mean that with the greatest respect. I am pretty sure this guy could bench a small elephant or a Volkswagen or a 90 year old tree). Fortunately this leg is rather short so I will deal.

The flight from ORD to HEL was fine. Economy Comfort was pretty basic but ok. I slept about 2 hours total.

My guess is that I will see about half the plane on the ship. Just sort of looks like that demographic. Except for my seat mate... he will probably be sumo wrestling or lifting buildings off of trapped children.

Good news part 1:

They gate checked my 46 pound carry on.

Still waiting for Good News Part 2:

That will be when it comes off the baggage loader in CPH. Send a little wish that both piece make it— in one piece with the contents intact!

Taking off now! See you in the Land of the Little Mermaid!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While P1 has been cruising over the ocean, I was checking out the Land Of the Little Mermaid. I will cut and paste a portion of my blog

The flight was a quick hour from Frankfurt and I was in a taxi by 10am. The taxis in Copenhagen are ridiculously expensive. It was $40 for a 4 mile ride. There are cheaper transfers to the city, but I can’t handle trains and buses upon arrival from an overnight flight with 100 lbs of luggage.

I booked the Copenhagen Marriott on the river. Very nice and great location to the city center. It also has a HOHO bus stop out in front of hotel. Always a bonus. My room was ready and I needed a shower. I laid down to watch the Royal Wedding and I slept through the entire affair. I awoke at 5pm and had no idea I had slept my day away. I was tired.

I got myself together and hit the pavement for an evening/sunset walking tour. I walked to the Central Station to get a train to take me to the infamous Little Mermaid Statue. It was funny to think that the Little Mermaid and the Mannikin Pis in Brussels are two of the most famous statues and they are so small. I had to see her FIRST! I took the train back to Central Station and just started wandering around. I struck out on my initial dinner plans. I stopped at two of the highest rated restaurants and they were full. Plan C went into effect. It was 10pm and my options were limited. I stumbled on a restaurant, the Rio Bravo. It looked totally kitschy, but advertised a famous Danish speciality - Pork, Potatoes, and Parsley. It could be a country song. Perfect for Princess. The meal was a heart attack on a plate and with every bite I took 20 minutes off my life. I can’t decide if it was good or just different. I loved anything fried!

After walking 7 miles, I could barely make it to my feet after dinner. I needed a Hoveround so bad.

Made it back to the hotel at Midnight and thankfully the bar was still open!

I have landed.

I have luggage with one small casualty. My luggage tag has gone AWOL. But in the face of losses... I will take this one with a smile and a heart full of gratitude.

And BTW, P2 was not kidding about the taxis. All I can say is wow. I practically could have purchased a car....

Not sure which pdf guides you are referring to, but I am intrigued...

The port guides that Princess passes out with the daily patter. Some are available in PDF form but I can't seem to get them unless I am onboard and on Princess@Sea. Prefer them on my phone instead of digging thru my backpack.