My time dining with large party

Hello, this will be our 5th cruise but first with MTD. We are traveling with a party of 10 and I was wondering what to expect with the MTD with such a large party. Of course, as you know, scheduling dinners around shows, excursions, etc is somewhat complicated so the TA suggested MTD this time around. Do you think there will be problems getting all at one table (or two)? Wondering if I should reserve the times now or wait until on board. Each night we will be dining anywhere between 7-8 pm. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you intend to have all 10 guests eating togehter each evening, then I'd prefer traditional (fixed) dinner.

Otherwise, I'd try to make MTD reservations now.

Hello, this will be our 5th cruise but first with MTD. We are traveling with a party of 10 and I was wondering what to expect with the MTD with such a large party. Of course, as you know, scheduling dinners around shows, excursions, etc is somewhat complicated so the TA suggested MTD this time around. Do you think there will be problems getting all at one table (or two)? Wondering if I should reserve the times now or wait until on board. Each night we will be dining anywhere between 7-8 pm. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Make a reservation. Since MTD allows people to show up when they want, there are mostly 2-top and 4-top tables. There are 10-tops, but if you just show up, it may be a wait.

Are you sure that everyone in your group realllllly wants to eat together? When we travel in a group, we eat together once or twice. Other nights, people are are specialty dining or other complimentary dining.

Seems like it would be less complicated for a large party to do traditional seating. That way, EVERYONE knows what time to get to dinner...same nightly! What ship are you on? Freedom class and lower have the shows scheduled around the 2 traditional dining times. Plus, your table will be waiting for YOU...not the other way around, where you may need to wait for a table for a large party....just a thought!

If you do decide to stick with MTD, you should make advance reservations for such a large party. You can do that daily, if you think you'll be eating at different times...assuming you can get everyone to agree on a time!

I made MTD reservations every night for a party of 7 no problem. Though we do want to eat together, it was done this way because the early seating was full and there's littles that are used to eating dinner early. A bit more than 7 months out and saw pretty much every time available as an option. Though 6 to I think 7 give or take is blocked out.

I'm not going to know what to with myself eating that early!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We’ve used MTD with 10 and 12. There aren’t many tables that can accommodate that many, so we make reservations ahead of time. Our reservation numbers are linked, so we usually have one or two people make them for everyone. We don’t always get optimal times. Sometimes we end up earlier than we would like. Then, when we get on board, we’ll go to the MTD section of the dining room to see if we can change to a better time. We’ve always been able to work it out.

Go with traditional late seating. Same table every night. No problem if 2, 4, or 6 don't show up. That way no worries for those who choose to skip the dinner for a show or specialty dinner or head to Windjammer. If only 2 or 6 show up for a table for 10 the waiters will bless you.

Great question! On the Oasis, we had a party of 21. The head hostess just loved us! ;pWe all had MTD. Most nights, but not all, we ate together. Of course, they couldn't fit all 21 of us at the same table. So, the 7 couples sat at one large table, and the kids sat near us, but at their own table. The Oasis staff really did a tremendous job accommodating all of us!