No live band at theater shows?

Were the violins canned on Celestial Strings? Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The violins were live and well played, but they also had recorded backup music for the shows I saw, prefer live to semilive....

On our first Carnival cruise (Dream, 2016), they still had the live band and "live" shows. We haven't seen any of the Playlist Production shows, Will have to give them a look in February when we cruise the Dream again. Any favorite shows we should look for?

The violins were live and well played, but they also had recorded backup music for the shows I saw, prefer live to semilive....

Thanks, based upon your original quote Carnival is not for you. Enjoy your future cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are just finishing up our cruise on the Carnival Paradise. This is the 1st Carnival cruise we have been on where they did not have a live band at the theater shows each night. It's been 5 years since our last Carnival vruies, is this the norm for all Carnival cruises now?

Very few shows have a live band, there is one show on the Vista that includes a 7 piece band.

On our first Carnival cruise (Dream, 2016), they still had the live band and "live" shows. We haven't seen any of the Playlist Production shows, Will have to give them a look in February when we cruise the Dream again. Any favorite shows we should look for?

You don't want to miss 'Flick', we feel it's Carnivals best, but it's not on all the ships yet as the added computer graphics needed.

We miss the theatre show band on Carnival. Doesn't keep us from booking some Carnival Cruises. Just did as 12 day cruise on the

Emerald Princess. The show band was excellent. Not only did they play the big show room - they played many times in some of the smaller ones. The dancing cruisers loved them as the could request different styles.