Brining water on board?

MikeNKim

Before the harsh comments.....yes I know it says on the Carnival website that you can’t bring it on. However, I have done quite a few cruises and have always been able to bring it on....so technically that isn’t my question. 🤗

I haven’t cruised since Feb 2017 so wondering if they are tightening up on this policy, I was allowed to bring my 24 pack of small water bottles and I am Platinum but my niece who was only in her 2nd cruise wasn’t allowed.

Any recent experiences?

Thank you .

Only if they had tightened up the rule as I know what the website says. So that’s what I ment

I don’t consider platinum Uber-elite. Maybe if I was diamond or whatever the other one is I don’t remember but not platinum.

Before the harsh comments.....yes I know it says on the Carnival website that you can’t bring it on. However, I have done quite a few cruises and have always been able to bring it on....so technically that isn’t my question. 🤗

I haven’t cruised since Feb 2017 so wondering if they are tightening up on this policy, I was allowed to bring my 24 pack of small water bottles and I am Platinum but my niece who was only in her 2nd cruise wasn’t allowed.

Any recent experiences?

Thank you .

There's always going to be a harsh comment ;)(by the same people, sad they have such negative attitudes). We just got off The Glory on 5/19 and just ordered it online to be delivered to our cabin. It's reasonable and much more convenient than carrying it on yourself. Enjoy!

We waited until our first port and stocked up on bottled water there. You can bring it back on the ship and it is much cheaper. Just a little tip for you.

no you can't , where do people make this stuff up? even the OP, the water rule has been in place way before Feb of 2017. so you couldn't bring water aboard either.

We waited until our first port and stocked up on bottled water there. You can bring it back on the ship and it is much cheaper. Just a little tip for you.

When did you last cruise and do this? Bottled water isn't allowed to be carried on at embarkation or any port of call.

no you can't , where do people make this stuff up? even the OP, the water rule has been in place way before Feb of 2017. so you couldn't bring water aboard either.

Well, I believe that is only for your embarkation port if you read closely. I just returned from my cruise Sunday and I carried bottles of water on at 2/3 ports we stopped at. The Carnival employees even knew there was water there and had no issue with it.

So, I am either a master illusionist, or this is acceptable now. :)

Canned or cartons only allowed to be brought on now. We've started ordering a 12pack for the cabin ahead of time. It was $4.99. If we use them up, we just refill them with the giant ones they give us due to our "uber elite" status. ;-) Worse case, I will refill them from the tap.

Thank you for the quick response

I was wondering if they had gotten strict in this

Thank you

VERY strict. Thanks to the people who were swapping alcohol in water bottles. (according to the wicked rumors

VERY strict. Thanks to the people who were swapping alcohol in water bottles. (according to the wicked rumors

It wasn’t just rumors. Shortly after a review was posted on here about someone doing this very thing and sashaying past security they changed it. Coincidence? Perhaps.

The alcohol in water bottles can easily be determined by shaking it and looking how quick the bubbles rise to the top. It could be a combination of the cruise port staff giving the ultimatum, and Carnival wanting to make more money on selling water.

I would tell them based on a medical condition you have to have water (preventing kidney stones, etc). Be careful not to say something medically incorrect that may prevent you from embarking

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

It is no longer allowed. Some people were filling the bottles with liquor, and I'm sure there were some other concerns. As others have said, the 12 pack is very affordable at $4.50. Not sure why bottled water is such a big benefit of Cheers to some. If this is your second cruise, each person gets one of the giant water bottles for free. I would bring a refillable water bottle as well. I've had some disgusting water from taps in my life, and the cruise ships is just fine.

The alcohol in water bottles can easily be determined by shaking it and looking how quick the bubbles rise to the top. It could be a combination of the cruise port staff giving the ultimatum, and Carnival wanting to make more money on selling water.

I would tell them based on a medical condition you have to have water (preventing kidney stones, etc). Be careful not to say something medically incorrect that may prevent you from embarking

does the medical condition prevent you from buying water from Carnival? There are no excuses. It's not about selling more water, it's about smuggling liquor.

True they can shake the bottles, but that takes up time. The security lines move pretty quickly now that they don’t have to. They can either bring cans of water, water in cartons, or order it through the FunShops for a reasonable price for their “medical necessity”. If it was that easy as just making some stuff up everyone would do it.

To answer your question, they have not "tightened up" on the policy. They have, simply made a new policy, I believe in 2017 to not allow any beverages in bottles. I've not heard or seen anyone able to circumvent this rule since that time. It is so easy and relatively cheap to order and have it delivered to your room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

does the medical condition prevent you from buying water from Carnival? There are no excuses. It's not about selling more water, it's about smuggling liquor.

Well, if bringing water against the rules is not beneath you, then lying about it should come naturally as well.

Be careful not to use this medically incorrect excuse for bringing on your own bottled water.

Basically, water can be considered medically necessary for every human being stepping aboard the ship.

Guess what? They have plenty of it on board that is better than most commercially available dirt-cheap bottles.