Brining water on board?

MikeNKim

Before the harsh comments.....yes I know it says on the Carnival website that you can’t bring it on. However, I have done quite a few cruises and have always been able to bring it on....so technically that isn’t my question. 🤗

I haven’t cruised since Feb 2017 so wondering if they are tightening up on this policy, I was allowed to bring my 24 pack of small water bottles and I am Platinum but my niece who was only in her 2nd cruise wasn’t allowed.

Any recent experiences?

Thank you .

$4.50 for a 12-pack....is a no-brainer. Buy it and have it delivered to your cabin.

The alcohol in water bottles can easily be determined by shaking it and looking how quick the bubbles rise to the top. It could be a combination of the cruise port staff giving the ultimatum, and Carnival wanting to make more money on selling water.

I would tell them based on a medical condition you have to have water (preventing kidney stones, etc). Be careful not to say something medically incorrect that may prevent you from embarking

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

I'm pretty sure Carnival/port staff are not going to perform experiments to determine whether or not something is water. And the water on board is perfectly safe to drink. I have kidney stones and wouldn't dare think of using that as an excuse. We purchase the water as it is convenient to take with us while walking around the ship or in port.

$4.50 for a 12-pack....is a no-brainer. Buy it and have it delivered to your cabin.

We have never ordered any drinks this when we used to cruise we used to bring the water on and it was allowed. Can you order this prior to getting on the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have never ordered any drinks this when we used to cruise we used to bring the water on and it was allowed. Can you order this prior to getting on the ship?

Yes. As many as you like.

Yes, order it through the fun shops. We usually get 2 12-packs and have more than enough for 7 days. In fact, the are wrapped as 2 12-packs, so it makes it easy for them to deliver to us.

Direct link: https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/in-stateroom-beverages/water

Other cruise lines charge MUCH more for water.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

The alcohol in water bottles can easily be determined by shaking it and looking how quick the bubbles rise to the top. It could be a combination of the cruise port staff giving the ultimatum, and Carnival wanting to make more money on selling water.

I would tell them based on a medical condition you have to have water (preventing kidney stones, etc). Be careful not to say something medically incorrect that may prevent you from embarking

Imagine how long the lines would be as security shakes every bottle of water brought on. The banned it for our own good. Oh, and when people brag about sneaking alcohol on the security folks can and do get into trouble. They do see the YouTube videos and Facebook posts.

....... It could be a combination of the cruise port staff giving the ultimatum, and Carnival wanting to make more money on selling water.

If I recall, when Carnival banned the water from being brought on to the ship, they lowered the price of a case delivered to your cabin. I remember buying 24 pks of water @ $2.99 for our Med. cruise in Sept. 2016. So, that kind of shoots your conspiracy theory right in the foot.

Well, if bringing water against the rules is not beneath you, then lying about it should come naturally as well.

What are you talking about? Have you read any of my posts? " if bringing water against the rules is not beneath you", what does this mean? I always buy Carnival's water and have not smuggled booze since Cheers;)

What are you talking about? Have you read any of my posts? " if bringing water against the rules is not beneath you", what does this mean? I always buy Carnival's water and have not smuggled booze since Cheers;)

I want wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the guy that suggested lying and saying they needed water for "medical reasons". To which I responded that lying should be easy for one of that sort of moral character. I think it was Heinz57.

Chill out, it's not all about you.

If I recall, when Carnival banned the water from being brought on to the ship, they lowered the price of a case delivered to your cabin. I remember buying 24 pks of water @ $2.99 for our Med. cruise in Sept. 2016. So, that kind of shoots your conspiracy theory right in the foot.

Backwards. They raised the price from $2.99 to $4.50 for 12 1/2 liter (16.9 fl oz) bottles.

Backwards. They raised the price from $2.99 to $4.50 for 12 1/2 liter (16.9 fl oz) bottles.

Incorrect. When bottled water was banned, the price DROPPED to $2.99. Since then, it has increased twice - first to $3.99 and now to $4.50. But the initial ban was accompanied by a drop in price as HawkIVette correctly noted.

Imagine how long the lines would be as security shakes every bottle of water brought on. The banned it for our own good.

Seriously? I'd love for you to explain how taking away something because of the behavior of a few does me some good.

I must use your logic at the TSA Pre-Check line this morning. If that were to apply then the $85 I spent because of the actions of a few are for my own good...

SHM...

All I have to say I did a lot of brining with Pork and other meats, out of all the barbecues I have been a part of I know of no one that brines water?

And to Brine on a ship with all that food?

Sorry had to go there...

We did an 8 day just recently, had 3 12packs waiting in the room, was the perfect amount for the 2 of us to take on shore trips etc....

Incorrect. When bottled water was banned, the price DROPPED to $2.99. Since then, it has increased twice - first to $3.99 and now to $4.50. But the initial ban was accompanied by a drop in price as HawkIVette correctly noted.

Thanks Rob. I thought I was correct and about ready to pull my receipts from that trip.

Does anyone know where you can find spring water in acceptable cartons or cans? Carnival only offers purified water which I don’t like.

Purified Natural Glacial Spring Water - in cans:

https://www.amazon.com/CannedWater4Kids-CW4K-Canned-Drinking-Water/dp/B00C4MTO6I

... and it's charitable too!

if the "purified" bothers you, try:

https://www.canowater.com/

Don't want to go out of country? Try:

http://www.noahs7up.com/product-category/water/

Seriously? I'd love for you to explain how taking away something because of the behavior of a few does me some good.

I must use your logic at the TSA Pre-Check line this morning. If that were to apply then the $85 I spent because of the actions of a few are for my own good...

I think the "good" the poster was talking about was getting through security lines quicker.

SHM...

I think the "good" that the poster was talking about is getting through security lines quicker.

Thanks Rob. I thought I was correct and about ready to pull my receipts from that trip.

You were indeed. I think it's still a good deal at $4.50. Beats dragging it on. Who wants to carry tons of water on board - you're supposed to be on vacation, not dragging things like a pack mule!

SHM...

Yep, you understand

I think the "good" that the poster was talking about is getting through security lines quicker.

And worrying about carrying around $3,00 or $5.00 or call it $10.00 worth of water around. People pay or tip the porters to carry their bags so they don't have to, but won't buy water to keep from carrying it... Enjoy your vacation, stop worrying about nonsense.

Bingo. People also spend $2000 on a cruise and will lug 12 cokes on board to avoid $30 in soda charges.

I think people sometimes do these things because they can, not necessarily because they are cheap. It's almost like a challenge.

Bingo. People also spend $2000 on a cruise and will lug 12 cokes on board to avoid $30 in soda charges.

By this logic, anything under $50 is a no-brainer then because it's small in the grand scheme of $2000?

BTW, bubbles is $120 a week for a couple. Two 12 packs are $10. It's not an impossible burden to carry them on board.