Removing gratuities

mkmaj

I apologize as I know that this has been posted before... I never paid attention but did not think that it would apply to me. I did try to search but the app search function is not functioning well...

I prepaid gratuities for my family of 4 back in February. Paid in full, we sail on Sunday. Somehow they dropped the prepaid dsc on one of my kids and refuse to add it back even though I have receipts and proof that I've paid. I'll be **** if I'm paying a dsc twice. (Yes, I spoke to customer service, yes, I spoke to a supervisor - Angela - who basically said too bad.)

Anyone have this experience?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

If you prepaid and have credit card statement proving it then I can’t see how there is anyway they can argue with you. Worse come to worse you can dispute it with your credit card company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they won't do anything over the phone, make copies of the original payment (copy of credit card statement, copy of cruise confirmation that shows you paid, etc.) and copy of your onboard bill where they charged you again and send it to NCL. Let them know that if you don't hear back from them in 10 days, you will be contacting your credit card company and disputing the double charge.

If they won't do anything over the phone, make copies of the original payment (copy of credit card statement, copy of cruise confirmation that shows you paid, etc.) and copy of your onboard bill where they charged you again and send it to NCL. Let them know that if you don't hear back from them in 10 days, you will be contacting your credit card company and disputing the double charge.
I will, I'm just angry that it's happening and that it's going to suck up my obc. I like having that "free" money to play with.

You could also talk to the crew when you are on board as well. I take all my paperwork with me just in case something does not show up and then I have a chance to show it at the desk and try and work it out in person. May work in your case, may not but is worth a shot to work it out in person

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

You could also talk to the crew when you are on board as well. I take all my paperwork with me just in case something does not show up and then I have a chance to show it at the desk and try and work it out in person. May work in your case, may not but is worth a shot to work it out in person

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Thanks Cyclops - I'll definitely try. I printed everything out, so we'll see.

I'm asking about removing on board and if anyone has had this experience. I'm obviously frustrated to find this less than 48 hours before we leave. I always prepay, always tip extra, and never imagined that I'd be in this situation and had a supervisor tell me too bad.

I'm asking about removing on board and if anyone has had this experience. I'm obviously frustrated to find this less than 48 hours before we leave. I always prepay, always tip extra, and never imagined that I'd be in this situation and had a supervisor tell me too bad.

You can go to Guest Services and ask them to remove the one DSC that they say you haven't paid for. You will have to pay it, but will get a refund on it in a few weeks or so.

Don’t take the nasty criticism of the poster with the online name proclaiming to be a “sosob” LMAO!!

These boards are getting so out of hand -

There are many people that come here for honest informations, ranting, venting, etc. (so what!)

Why are so many posters as of late like this?

Just give the site up rather than being nasty if Cruise Critic has worn it’s course for you... MOVE ON!

Regarding your initial concern - do what the others suggested; in the end I’m certain this will work out for you.

Have a wonderful trip!

mkmaj-

This is not the first time I've read posts here from guests who have PREPAID items (in your case, the DSC) only to board and find the credit has not been applied to their on board account.

Even when it's been caught by the passenger and reported at the beginning of the cruise, the ones I've read about were NOT resolved before disembarkation. So essentially you're asked to pay TWICE. The others found a resolution with their credit card company, once home, disputing the initial prepaid charge that was never applied, given they had a copy of their paid room account.

The DSC is NOT a gratuity. It's a charge imposed by NCL to help offset their labor expense. [There are plenty of threads that explain this, but if you want the source information, go to the NCL website's FAQ's. For further technical reading, review the Contract of Carriage.]

So.... to avoid the hassle with your credit card company, you CAN avoid the dupe charge on board by requesting the form to have the DSC removed for the 4th guest. Personally, I only suggest this method to AVOID paying twice, since you are sure you paid in advance for all four.

Typically, I am FIRMLY AGAINST removing or eliminating the DSC, as some feel they are entitled to do. They fail to realize it drives up the cost of cruises for the balance of passengers.

Don’t take the nasty criticism of the poster with the online name proclaiming to be a “sosob” LMAO!!

These boards are getting so out of hand -

There are many people that come here for honest informations, ranting, venting, etc. (so what!)

Why are so many posters as of late like this?

Just give the site up rather than being nasty if Cruise Critic has worn it’s course for you... MOVE ON!

Regarding your initial concern - do what the others suggested; in the end I’m certain this will work out for you.

Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you. We will have a wonderful trip, I'm sure [emoji4]

mkmaj-

This is not the first time I've read posts here from guests who have PREPAID items (in your case, the DSC) only to board and find the credit has not been applied to their on board account.

Even when it's been caught by the passenger and reported at the beginning of the cruise, the ones I've read about were NOT resolved before disembarkation. So essentially you're asked to pay TWICE. The others found a resolution with their credit card company, once home, disputing the initial prepaid charge that was never applied, given they had a copy of their paid room account.

The DSC is NOT a gratuity. It's a charge imposed by NCL to help offset their labor expense. [There are plenty of threads that explain this, but if you want the source information, go to the NCL website's FAQ's. For further technical reading, review the Contract of Carriage.]

So.... to avoid the hassle with your credit card company, you CAN avoid the dupe charge on board by requesting the form to have the DSC removed for the 4th guest. Personally, I only suggest this method to AVOID paying twice, since you are sure you paid in advance for all four.

Typically, I am FIRMLY AGAINST removing or eliminating the DSC, as some feel they are entitled to do. They fail to realize it drives up the cost of cruises for the balance of passengers.

I would never remove the DSC if it wasn't a double charge. I pay it, I tip everyone extra, I'm all about rewarding service, even if it's bad sometimes. I'm just not going to pay ncl twice for the same thing.

I will, I'm just angry that it's happening and that it's going to suck up my obc. I like having that "free" money to play with.

don't blame you one bit. As mentioned take all your paper work and talk to the customer service desk as soon as you can when boarding. They should be able to clear this up for you asap. Keep us posted what happened when you get home. Yes, the OBC are fun.

Take your paperwork and deal with it on the ship. The numbers are black and white. If they won't deal with it, then remove one of the DSC's after the cruise. This is not something worth getting upset about. Also make sure to do the math on what you have actually paid, it is possible that they didn't charge you but for three DSCs (that s unlikely, because it is just a check box).

I have twice had prepurchased items not show up when onboard.

Both times I just too my paperwork to guest service, politely explained the issue and left it with them.

Both times it was resolved onboard within a day or two with no further input required from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk