Booked way early, paid a lot, surely there will be sale?

NoWhiners

Hyatt Place may well be blacked out and even if it isn't those dates may not appear on the website until next summer. I wouldn't wait that long to book. Next February start looking at other hotel prices and find something you can live which but can be cancelled without a fee. The Florida Departures board (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495) is a good place to start your research.

I also forgot to note that the Sunday of Presidents Day weekend is the annual Fort Lauderdale marathon. While not as popular as Boston, NYC or DC it does bring in runners (and their families) that will be looking for hotel rooms. Not to add too much stress :), just make at least an initial reservation early.

Hmm, maybe we should have picked the other date, but it was earlier and I didn't want to miss the Super Bowl! And the cabin selection wasn't as good. And this itinerary is the only one I saw that didn't return to Ft Lauderdale in the middle and goes to mostly new places for us.

We've been to Ft Lauderdale a lot and know the area, so we should be able to find something. But you're right, I'll start looking in Feb next year and book something, then use that as a benchmark.

I'm actually more worried about the fact that Regal is departing the same day, so we'll be banished to some pier that is deep in the port, not as easy to get to as terminal 2 :D

Thanks again for pointing this out, very helpful.

ML

I book as early as I can when they open up itineraries usually to get cabin I want also. Then I watch like a hawk, not only for sales, but for price drops that literally may only last 1/2 of a day!!!! Latest example of this is my March, 2018, Caribbean cruise on the Royal. Initial Booking was in June, 2017 and after 4 refarings/rebookings(why you always have refundable deposits!), saved $1450. On my October, 2018, Canada/NE cruise, I initially booked September, 2017. After 4 refarings/rebookings, I have saved $3750. So yes, book as soon as you know what cruise you want to get the cabin you want and then watch the Princess site like a hawk for any sales or price decreases!! Good luck and have a great cruise.

Pooh

I hope I can do as well! At least I know it's possible.

Thx

ML

Do nail the hotel as soon as possible. We were there over Easter weekend, which was also spring break. While I found a good rate on line, it was still twice what they charge on a normal weekend. It was somewhat interesting to watch the rate climb to almost $150 MORE than I'd booked for before they ultimately sold out.

Do nail the hotel as soon as possible. We were there over Easter weekend' date=' which was also spring break. While I found a good rate on line, it was still twice what they charge on a normal weekend. It was somewhat interesting to watch the rate climb to almost $150 MORE than I'd booked for before they ultimately sold out.[/quote']

:eek:

I won't tell DH that part. And I better really watch the fare, looks like we'll need the money :)

A pet peeve that in UK you only have one chance to refare a cruise..at an admin charge of £100 and loss of perks!

I wish we could all have equality of terms and conditions.

( I may have said this once or twice, previously!!!!!)

Princess HQ please take note!

Well, after a bit of searching for hotels for next year Presidents Day, it does look a bit pricey for hotels that weekend. But I have a bunch of Marriott points, so I think we will use them and stay at Courtyard Plantation. I know it's a bit of trip, but if our flight gets in early enough, they have an airport shuttle. And they might have a port shuttle too.

Definitely a great area--A Total Wine and a Duffy's nearby.

I feel better about this now. All I need is a Princess sale:D

FYI, since I haven't seen it mentioned, I'm guessing that the $200 OBC from Princess is for your FCD.

That's what I thought too, but when I looked at it on my invoice from TA, it said it was for booking an Oceanview/Balcony/Suite. I didn't know they were still running this promotion, or maybe it's just a standard thing now?

That's what I thought too, but when I looked at it on my invoice from TA, it said it was for booking an Oceanview/Balcony/Suite. I didn't know they were still running this promotion, or maybe it's just a standard thing now?

Have you looked under the Payment/credits tab in your Personalizer? If you scroll down to the credit section, it should show what the credits are for. Mine doesn't show the credit from my TA yet.

Took advantage of the Landmark promotion (which I think is still ongoing) and got $1000 OBC on a transatlantic cruise. This was the first time I had ever booked early to get a specific cabin which was a bit pricey. So far, getting the offers is working well.

got my best deal on my upcoming transatlantic. Saved over 1500. by rebooking during the THREE FREE deal. We could have booked it during the all inclusive drinks included time, but we don't drink like that. So I waited and saved 200. on the cruise, 650. on the airfare and 700 on gratuities by rebooking.

Now I wait for the next 3 free deal to come up.:):):):)

Have you looked under the Payment/credits tab in your Personalizer? If you scroll down to the credit section, it should show what the credits are for. Mine doesn't show the credit from my TA yet.

Yes, as I said, I looked and it had my $500 OBC from TA and the $200 from Princess--for booking a balcony.

Took advantage of the Landmark promotion (which I think is still ongoing) and got $1000 OBC on a transatlantic cruise. This was the first time I had ever booked early to get a specific cabin which was a bit pricey. So far, getting the offers is working well.

I was hoping the Landmark deal applied to our cruise, but it doesn't. I think it is just too early for us to get/see a good deal. I need to be patient and keep checking fares.

got my best deal on my upcoming transatlantic. Saved over 1500. by rebooking during the THREE FREE deal. We could have booked it during the all inclusive drinks included time, but we don't drink like that. So I waited and saved 200. on the cruise, 650. on the airfare and 700 on gratuities by rebooking.

Now I wait for the next 3 free deal to come up.:):):):)

Nice. I am hoping we have a similar experience ;)

On the other hand' date=' we had a totally odd situation once. I had a fare on line that was significantly lower than my TA could see or that supposedly Princess could see, despite the fact that I'd sent a screen cap to the TA. She put a hold on the cruise for me, knowing that I was going to want the fare I'd seen. SO...we got on the phone to each other. I pulled the fare I'd found on the computer and she called Princess and canceled the hold. Within seconds of her telling me it was done, the cabin I wanted appeared. I hit the button to put a hold on it and sent her a copy of the hold showing the price and reservation number. She got on the phone to Princess again and paid for the cruise. Yes, it was a little risky, but worked fine. And if I'd lost the cabin, we would have chosen a different cruise.

[/quote']

If this was before final payment, you could have just reserved it (and even deposited it) and then transferred it to your agent with the price that you reserved it under. If it is after final payment, it becomes more complicated.

If this was before final payment, you could have just reserved it (and even deposited it) and then transferred it to your agent with the price that you reserved it under. If it is after final payment, it becomes more complicated.

Sorry - that is what you did...... I mis-read it.

Sometimes the best time to grab a cabin like this is early Sunday morning or late Friday night (when most agents are not working). :)