The First Voyage of the Norwegian Bliss to Alaska

BirdTravels

Hello. Do you happen to know where to go to get Vibe pass on the Bliss? Thank you for your awesome review!

I believe it was being sold in The Social (headliners on other -away class ships). They sold out on our cruise, but Alaskan rain almost daily, temps in the 50s, and wind made its usage limited.

Wonderful review and photos!! Thanks for taking the time to post.

My wife and I were planning to do our Alaska cruise on Pearl but your photos of Bliss have us seriously thinking of doing this ship. This will be a bucket list cruise for us so we are planning to splurge a bit.

I am curious to find out how crowded or not the ship feels with such a large amount of pax.

So am I. I have seen a few complaints on other threads about it not being as pleasant when loaded to capacity. It is what you make it though. I'm hopeful:D:D:D

So am I. I have seen a few complaints on other threads about it not being as pleasant when loaded to capacity. It is what you make it though. I'm hopeful:D:D:D

Totally agree. If you have only ever sailed on a small ship, being on a mega ship will feel crowded, regardless of the ship, regardless of the cruise line. We have sailed on NCL megaships around 15 times and also sailed on RCCL Quantum and Oasis class ships. We love the large ships with more things to see and more things to do. But,,, it is also filled with more people. Don't let the idea of a mega ship scare you away from trying something new. It is the best way to sail (and we have been sailing many, many, many years).

Need some Mommy and Daddy Time? Like her sister the Escape, the Bliss has children programs starting at 6 months through 17 years old.

GUPPIES LOUNGE

959ab82bf01d07c75024767bead4eb3e.heic

e57b814228e08cb7f13a78d9816b62c2.heic

08642a52f3f1e36f292422aac2d07e4f.heic

Do you know what the hourly rate is to have your toddler in this program? Are there cribs for them to nap in?

Do you know what the hourly rate is to have your toddler in this program? Are there cribs for them to nap in?

Here's some info from another thread today

You can get deck blankets at the towel station on the pool deck. We have sailed Alaska a bunch, and these blankets are the best we have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Sept 8th cruise in a Balcony cabin, deck blankets sound like a must. Can we get them on day 1 & then keep them until the night before arrival back in Seattle? Assume that we will be charged if not returned, so not sure if I want to trust just leaving them in the cabin when we disembark & hope steward gives us credit for the return. Cabin on deck 10, so also not sure we want to keep going to the pool deck for new blankets.

Thanks, Elaine

For Sept 8th cruise in a Balcony cabin, deck blankets sound like a must. Can we get them on day 1 & then keep them until the night before arrival back in Seattle? Assume that we will be charged if not returned, so not sure if I want to trust just leaving them in the cabin when we disembark & hope steward gives us credit for the return. Cabin on deck 10, so also not sure we want to keep going to the pool deck for new blankets.

Thanks, Elaine

We did. We probably picked them up on the first sea day and returned them on Victoria Day before we arrived in port late in the afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Elaine

Hi Elaine, did you sign up for Meet and Greet or Slot Pull? Traveling same cruise.

Hi Elaine, did you sign up for Meet and Greet or Slot Pull? Traveling same cruise.

Yes, we did for both m&g and pull. Also the pub crawl. Any info. on deck blanket procedure? Do we have to trade in our pool towels or can we keep both?

BTW, went to our boat at the Elliott Bay Marina today and could see the Bliss in the distance, over the tops of the Eurodam and Ruby Princess which were closer. Our yacht club is cruising to Bell Harbor marina for Labor Day weekend, so we will get a great close look at both sides of the Bliss and maybe learn something about boarding proceedure. Can't wait and I hope the smoky skies clear up before 9/8. Also read on 9/8 roll call that you are in a suite with a doorbell!😁

Elaine

Yes, we did for both m&g and pull. Also the pub crawl. Any info. on deck blanket procedure? Do we have to trade in our pool towels or can we keep both?

BTW, went to our boat at the Elliott Bay Marina today and could see the Bliss in the distance, over the tops of the Eurodam and Ruby Princess which were closer. Our yacht club is cruising to Bell Harbor marina for Labor Day weekend, so we will get a great close look at both sides of the Bliss and maybe learn something about boarding proceedure. Can't wait and I hope the smoky skies clear up before 9/8. Also read on 9/8 roll call that you are in a suite with a doorbell![emoji16]

Elaine

Great to hear it. Went in July for 6 glorious days to meet Mary and Randy who I met on CC (CUontheC) and planned all our dinners and tours with them without even knowing them. She happens to be the who is running the slot pull. What a fabulous time we had! Felt like we knew each other for years so I’m hoping all the cruisers we meet will be just as much fun. We are on Starboard side in the Haven and pretty familiar with our boarding process but appreciate the heads up. Also hope we have clear skies to embrace the beauty of Alaska. Love that you mentioned about our doorbell, gave me a chuckle. I was just joking around with ‘welcome’ (Sandra) because they wanted to meet us before knocking on our door. They are also signed up for M & G so looks like we’ll have a great group of people. Counting the days.

Barb

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice pix.

Those who have done Alaska cruise zillion times, good change of ship

For the first-time Alaska cruisers too this will not be a disappointment. In order to be disappointed they should know what they are missing and anyone done even little research for their first alaska cruise would not have chosen this itin

(no glacier bay, no hubbard glacier, no college fjord, no inside passage)

Nice pix.

For the first-time Alaska cruisers too this will not be a disappointment. In order to be disappointed they should know what they are missing and anyone done even little research for their first alaska cruise would not have chosen this itin

I did research and I chose this itinerary. I guess that makes me nobody. :rolleyes:

Nice pix.

We did do more than "a little research". And we chose this cruise.

We spent a lot of time and effort during the cruise to share our experience with the CC community during the cruse that we chose. As the OP, I find this post somewhat disrespectful.

BirdTravels, I appreciate all the work you did for this awesome review! The information about the ship and all the pics you provided were great. Seems like you had a great time. I keep coming back to this thread for reference as we are booked on the Bliss in December. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

BirdTravels, I appreciate all the work you did for this awesome review! The information about the ship and all the pics you provided were great. Seems like you had a great time. I keep coming back to this thread for reference as we are booked on the Bliss in December. Thank you!

Enjoy the Bliss and the Eastern Caribbean. Have a great cruise!

We have been on the inaugural voyages of the Breakaway, Getaway, Eacape and now the Bliss. We really enjoyed the cruise. And enjoyed sharing our experiences here on CC.