The First Voyage of the Norwegian Bliss to Alaska

BirdTravels

Hi Bird,

Love your posts and all the pics. Sure looks like you had a great time!!

I have a question that I hope you can answer.

Yesterday I got an email from NCL that my reservations for Havana and Jersey Boys (both at 7:30) were cancelled and I can rebook when I get on the ship. So I called NCL yesterday and they showed my reservations were still in tact. However today my friend, who is going with us and staying in the Haven, got the same email yesterday and today she talked to her PCC who said the 7:30 shows are no longer listed. Do you have any idea why this would have happened? We are not sailing until September. Just wonder if there was any talk on the ship as to the changes.

Nope. No idea.

On other NCL megaships, they have started to move the early show to 8:00. The reservation system blocks exactly 2:00 for a dinner reservation, so a 5:30 early dinner does not allow you to book a 7:30 show (show would have to be at 7:31 for the reservation system to work).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No charging permitted whilst you are out of your cabin and any Do Not Disturb signs left for more than 24 hours will result in steward coming in per someone’s protocol

Does the bathroom outlet charge while the lights are out ? Sufficient low voltage wattage appliances shavers toothbrushes lap tops tablets cell phones should be OK

and of course NO hair dryers irons etc.

Is this the type of ship that requires you to put a card in a slot to energize the outlets ?!

First, they tell you no unattended electrical connections/charging. It is not so much the voltage as the potential for a lithium battery to meltdown and start a fire.

The bathroom outlet on the ceiling light is connected to the light. If you turn the light switch off, power goes out. If you pull your card, everything goes off.

Nope. No idea.

On other NCL megaships, they have started to move the early show to 8:00. The reservation system blocks exactly 2:00 for a dinner reservation, so a 5:30 early dinner does not allow you to book a 7:30 show (show would have to be at 7:31 for the reservation system to work).

We have our dinners booked early on the two show nights. We had confirmation of everything until of course we received the email. Well I am sure at some point it will get worked out.

Again thank you for one of the best posts about the Bliss. I enjoyed everything and am very thankful that you are so polite to answer the questions and you are awesome to post all the dailies along with menu and food pics. Where are you off to next?

First, they tell you no unattended electrical connections/charging. It is not so much the voltage as the potential for a lithium battery to meltdown and start a fire.

The bathroom outlet on the ceiling light is connected to the light. If you turn the light switch off, power goes out. If you pull your card, everything goes off.

I didn't know the Bliss had an outlet in the bathroom. The Escape and others don't unless I missed that! So curling/straight iron can be used in bathroom???

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

We have our dinners booked early on the two show nights. We had confirmation of everything until of course we received the email. Well I am sure at some point it will get worked out.

Again thank you for one of the best posts about the Bliss. I enjoyed everything and am very thankful that you are so polite to answer the questions and you are awesome to post all the dailies along with menu and food pics. Where are you off to next?

I really wanted our specialty dining and shows on the same night and was disappointed that I couldn't. CUontheC what sailing are you on?

Thanks to the Bird Travels for a complete and thorough review. You showed a lot more and explained a lot more for those doing Alaska. While I enjoyed some of the folks who did the TA thread, I think this thread helps those going to Alaska.

I feel bad you had a short time In some ports but I found your shore excursion where you finished and came along side the ship to be fascinating. It is nice to know they have these tours for the BIG ships coming into port. And not everyone gets to photo a bear either. So you were lucky.

And I know how long that walk into town can be for Skagway too.

I took two other cruise lines out of Seattle and we never docked into town but were out a ways. Glad to see all the construction I saw back in 2016 was for the nice dock for the Bliss in town.

I thank you for the Laser photos. Very interesting as I did not do that on my PC 15 day cruise.

I do think the Vibe is not necessary for Alaska trips and too bad the pools are not covered like other ships are since it can be rainy and cool.

Not sure if this is your first trip to Alaska but if it is, might I suggest (parden me since this is NCL) but try the Ovation of the Seas (RCI) in 2019 for a different experience and really neat ship too. It will be out of Seattle as well. Then again try leaving Vancouver and up to rest of Alaska and see Anchorage and Denali.

toodles

I took two other cruise lines out of Seattle and we never docked into town but were out a ways. Glad to see all the construction I saw back in 2016 was for the nice dock for the Bliss in town.

I am confused by your comment about Bliss docked in town, from what I saw this week they docked at AJ which is the one that is a long hike from the main part of town in Juneau. I was actually on the first ship that ever docked at AJ Docks, it was May 2004 on the HAL Oosterdam.

I have to admit I was surprised when I saw that the Bliss was at the AJ Docks and was hoping they would be downtown.

I am confused by your comment about Bliss docked in town, from what I saw this week they docked at AJ which is the one that is a long hike from the main part of town in Juneau. I was actually on the first ship that ever docked at AJ Docks, it was May 2004 on the HAL Oosterdam.

I have to admit I was surprised when I saw that the Bliss was at the AJ Docks and was hoping they would be downtown.

I said the construction in Seattle in 2016 made it nice for the Bliss to have a dock in town. Other large ships had to dock out until this new dock. Sorry if my sentencing was confusing.

I didn't know the Bliss had an outlet in the bathroom. The Escape and others don't unless I missed that! So curling/straight iron can be used in bathroom???]

I think that all NCL ships have outlets in the bathroom. The Escape' date=' Bliss, GA, and BA it is integrated with the light. Provides both 110V and 220V (choose wisely).

[img']https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180609/35c28a6c0ac5f3bed45712166330e09d.heic[/img]

03d5fdee317a1f716f8c5f66104ba5ad.heic

Good Morning Seattle

The maiden voyage of the Norwegian Bliss to Alaska is now complete. We had a great cruise on a wonderful new ship. We hope that some of this information has bee useful to those sailing Alaska this summer.

I will continue to post additional photos from the walking tour of the Bliss over the next few days.

Thanks for joining us on our Alaskan adventure.

ca5f03a1c3da16d8ab260ce00ac6644c.heic