Lunch at Coastal Kitchen

Leaving in a week and a half on Oasis and it just occured to me - we've never heard anything about lunch at Coastal Kitchen. We've seen breakfast and dinner menus, but does anyone have one for lunch or just an idea of what we could expect for lunch? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Leaving in a week and a half on Oasis and it just occured to me - we've never heard anything about lunch at Coastal Kitchen. We've seen breakfast and dinner menus, but does anyone have one for lunch or just an idea of what we could expect for lunch? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

The link below shows sample menus for CK from 2015. The current menus are similar. They have flatbread, salad, a great Chicken Sandwich and other heavier entrees. You can also order off of the children's menu if you'd like something like Sliders and French Fries. We were just on Oasis and thought the food in Coastal Kitchen was very good.

http://www.beyondships2.com/oasis-of-the-seas-menus.html

I am currently on Anthem. The Coastal has the same menu daily for lunch. It is exactly this menu:

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/coastal_l_1.pdf

I have had the tomato soup every day and its the best Ive ever had as far as tomato soup other than their tomato soup from night one. The chicken sandwich is wonderful. Its huge. The shrimp and spinach salad though is INCREDIBLE! I could and have been eating it almost every day.

I made the HUGE mistake of eating lunch today in the dining room. The food was TERRIBLE. I tried, as did my dad, the seafood salad roll. WAY too much mayo. It also tasted bad. I got a sub for it and had the salmon. It was way overcooked. My dad had the strip loin. It was, well, low quality. I will leave it at that. I did have the butternut squash as an app (it was a main) and it was delish!

The staff in the main dining room was just ok. They really were nice but out of our immediate presence they were a bit unprofessional....talking and chatting amongst themselves and reading and discussing comment cards in front of everyone. They even left huge containers of cutlery and plates on the table for two next to us while we were still eating (yet the dining room was almost empty). On the flip side, the staff in Coastal is perfection. Not one single complaint.

Needless to say, I wont be dining in the main dining room any more.

I am currently on Anthem. The Coastal has the same menu daily for lunch. It is exactly this menu:

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/coastal_l_1.pdf

I have had the tomato soup every day and its the best Ive ever had as far as tomato soup other than their tomato soup from night one. The chicken sandwich is wonderful. Its huge. The shrimp and spinach salad though is INCREDIBLE! I could and have been eating it almost every day.

On Oasis last week there was more than 1 lunch menu. Love a small Shrimp/Spinach salad paired with a Margarita Pizza.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

On Oasis last week there was more than 1 lunch menu. Love a small Shrimp/Spinach salad paired with a Margarita Pizza.

For lunch, Coastal Kitchen is open for only Pinnacle Club Members and guests in Grand Suites and higher suites.

The same restrictions apply for breakfast and dinner, however for dinner guests in Junior Suites can make reservations if space is available.

Can people in any category of stateroom have lunch in the Coastal Kitchen? We will be on Anthem in a balcony....

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For lunch, Coastal Kitchen is open for only Pinnacle Club Members and guests in Grand Suites and higher suites.

The same restrictions apply for breakfast and dinner, however for dinner guests in Junior Suites can make reservations if space is available.

Beachnative---I think you meant to quote westcoastvecs so I'm quoting both posts.

Can people in any category of stateroom have lunch in the Coastal Kitchen? We will be on Anthem in a balcony....

Thank you!

In other words, unless you are Pinnacle...……...No Coastal Kitchen for you!

Thank y’all for the response-I was actually thinking of the Solarium Bistro-I’m just getting old-takes longer for my brain power to kick in [emoji24]

Yes, anyone can eat any meal in the Solarium Bistro. :) (no charge)

Limited menu but I like having lunch in CK. Good service, food well presented and overall a more pleasant experience than eating in WJ or MDR. Plus, if your suite is on deck 17 then it is so convenient.

i was not impressed with lunch in ck however dinner is excellent and so much better than the main dining room or wj... the chef even comes out to talk with you and explain some of his recipes.. not that i could replicate them... even the tomato soup has around 16 ingredients... lol

Limited menu but I like having lunch in CK. Good service, food well presented and overall a more pleasant experience than eating in WJ or MDR. Plus, if your suite is on deck 17 then it is so convenient.

Coastal on Anthem is deck 14. I don't think Anthem has a deck 17. :)

i was not impressed with lunch in ck however dinner is excellent and so much better than the main dining room or wj... the chef even comes out to talk with you and explain some of his recipes.. not that i could replicate them... even the tomato soup has around 16 ingredients... lol

I love lunch in CK. That spinach and shrimp salad is KILLER! The chicken sandwich is a close second. The tomato soup at lunch is also FANTASTIC. The tomato soup at dinner on the first night was BEYOND FANTASTIC. I would kill for either recipe.

We are in a Jr. Suite and was wondering if we have to make reservations onboard for dinner for our anniversary or can we do it online?

Thanks friends!

You will have to make reservations onboard.

Half the CK is empty at 7 when we go so you can even make reservations that afternoon for the evening. It’s so empty.

It depends on what ship you're on. Anthem, Quantum and Ovation were not as busy as Oasis, Allure and Harmony. We were on Oasis last week and CK was full every night between 6-7:30.

Half the CK is empty at 7 when we go so you can even make reservations that afternoon for the evening. It’s so empty.

It depends on what ship you're on. Anthem, Quantum and Ovation were not as busy as Oasis, Allure and Harmony. We were on Oasis last week and CK was full every night between 6-7:30.

And it depends on the specific cruise and its demographics. Anthem's CK is often full at dinner all evening long, night after night.