Set sail pass for minors in adjacent room

We are traveling with 2 adults in one room & 2 minors (16 & 14) in adjacent room. The minor room is associated/linked to our room. When we print set sail pass for adult room, the only names printed on pass are the adults. There is no print option for the minor room. RCCL rep says it’s not a problem, the minors info is in barcode on adult room set sail pass. We don’t want to be surprised at the pier, have others had this experience? Thanks.

I also have 2 staterooms on my upcoming cruise; one for 2 adults and one for 3 minors (16, 17, & 18). The two reservations are linked; however, I had to log-in to kids' reservation separately to complete their edocs and complete all the forms including passport info. I have one set of edocs for each passenger (5 in total). I think if you don't do it ahead of time, you will need to do all this at the pier check-in. HTH

We have two rooms for our cruise next week, but I put my wife in one room and myself in the other when we set up the reservation. After check in, I just go to guest services and get two new keys printed up and move the boys into their own room.

Can't you do online check-in for the minor's stateroom and them print their SetSail pass?

Thank you for the reply. We did online check in but there was no option to print a set sail pass for the minors room. We expected to see their names listed on linked adult room but that is not the case. We have no printed set sail pass for the minor room & not option to print one.

I also have 2 staterooms on my upcoming cruise; one for 2 adults and one for 3 minors (16, 17, & 18). The two reservations are linked; however, I had to log-in to kids' reservation separately to complete their edocs and complete all the forms including passport info. I have one set of edocs for each passenger (5 in total). I think if you don't do it ahead of time, you will need to do all this at the pier check-in. HTH

Sorry to be dense ... are you saving an electronic copy from the website? We completed all the forms for each person but don’t have a copy (paper or electronic) of what we entered. We want to streamline pier check-in as much as possible. :)

Thank you for the reply. We did online check in but there was no option to print a set sail pass for the minors room. We expected to see their names listed on linked adult room but that is not the case. We have no printed set sail pass for the minor room & not option to print one.

I just want to make sure I understand. You completed online check-in for the minor's stateroom. You used their booking number (different from yours) to access their online check-in, right?

Sorry to be dense ... are you saving an electronic copy from the website? We completed all the forms for each person but don’t have a copy (paper or electronic) of what we entered. We want to streamline pier check-in as much as possible. :)

I am not sure what you mean by "electronic copy," but I hope this helps. I have the SetSail passes printed, but there is not a lot of information on there. From reading on here, I understand the bar code on the form links to all that information I put in through the SetSail page. When I go into my kids' reservation, there are 4 tabs in the SetSail: Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, Step 4. The last tab (Step 4) is where I find and print the SetSail passes.

I just want to make sure I understand. You completed online check-in for the minor's stateroom. You used their booking number (different from yours) to access their online check-in, right?

Good point. You do have to log into the kids' individual reservation number.

If the kids are on YOUR account, one setsail pass is fine. You do know you don't even NEED to print it...it's "busy work"...that's all!

I can't speak for the OP, but we are sailing on Adventure and, according to info posted here, will not get our cards until we get to our stateroom so we actually need the SetSail passes to get on the ship.

Thanks to you all. We’re going with what we have done — all forms completed online & a printed set sail pass for the adult room. Going to “go with the flow” & get ready to sail!! If there is a problem, we’ll handle when it occurs. Meanwhile, life is too short to look for problems. 😀

We have one Set Sail for all 4 of us...2 adults in 1 room and 2 kids in adjoining room. I did it back in March, but from what I remember, you check in the kids to one point, and then you go back to your check in and add them to your Set Sail for the billing portion.

On my Set Sail, it lists all four names on one piece of paper under the billing info and then at the very bottom there are two sample luggage tags.

Hope that helps!

Cheryl

Thanks to you all. We’re going with what we have done — all forms completed online & a printed set sail pass for the adult room. Going to “go with the flow” & get ready to sail!! If there is a problem, we’ll handle when it occurs. Meanwhile, life is too short to look for problems. 😀

Have a great time! :D

Good point. You do have to log into the kids' individual reservation number.

We did this first and then there is a box to check that says minors check in with parents and you put in your reservation number. You then go and do your check in for your room and then can click on everyone to be able to check in for both rooms. The way you have done it now, you will have to do it separately at the pier.

If the kids are on YOUR account, one setsail pass is fine. You do know you don't even NEED to print it...it's "busy work"...that's all!

I don't know where you get your info, because mostly it's wrong. On Allure for our next cruise, we need to print one boarding pass per person. After all the info is filled in on the Set Sail Pass, it has a place to print the pass and there is a different number FOR EACH PERSON.

I think half or more of what you say is something you made up or was from previous cruises and I know it's a big surprise to you, that things change.

Check to see if your children have a separate booking # from the one on your Invoice. if so then you will need to put in that booking number. Under the Tab, Already Booked ( Top of Royal Caribbean Web Page ), show the Booking # date of sail, Ship and Last name on booking and see if theirs comes up.

We did online check in but there was no option to print a set sail pass for the minors room. .[/quote

That's because the minors' room has a separate reservation number. Even if the reservations are linked, if you want to print their Set Sail passes, you need to log in to THEIR reservation number. I just did online check in for a cruise later this summer on Royal, on which my 14 year old will be in a separate room. I did our check in and printed Set Sail Passes for us, then logged in to his reservation using HIS reservation number and printed his Set Sail pass. I had already, when I checked us in, included him for our onboard account etc.

Others, including Royal themselves, say you don't need their Set Sail pass, and really you don't NEED yours either, I just like to have them printed for everyone to save that extra few minute at check-in.