room service

Nanbrank

I have only been on one Royal Carribbean cruise, years ago. Will be on Brilliance of the Seas in a balcony stateroom. Question: Is coffee brought to our room each morning, or is this an extra request/payment?

Also, I signed up for the non-alcoholic beverage package. My assumption is that while walking around the ship, there are places that I can get a free bottle of water or coffee???

Need a few tips as to how this all works...

Thanks

I have only been on one Royal Carribbean cruise, years ago. Will be on Brilliance of the Seas in a balcony stateroom. Question: Is coffee brought to our room each morning, or is this an extra request/payment?

Also, I signed up for the non-alcoholic beverage package. My assumption is that while walking around the ship, there are places that I can get a free bottle of water or coffee???

Thanks

You can get free "tap" water, but bottled water usually has a charge unless you have a beverage package. Complimentary coffee should be available at all dining rooms (not sure about bars) and many ships/lines have specialty coffees for an upcharge. Room service coffee would need requested, I'm not sure if there is a charge or not - it is customary to provide a small tip for room service delivery.

The OP clearly stated they have a beverage package.

Sorry, OP - I missed that. Assuming Royal's package includes bottled water (some lines are only soda and juice) you should be able to get bottled water at bars. Lines also vary on whether specialty coffees are included on a non-alcohol package, so you might be covered there too. (Since this is in First Time Cruisers, be sure to check your line's policy.)

Thanks

coffee must be pre ordered for RS delivery either via the hang tag or by calling. if you only want the included coffee, its free.

if you want SPECIALTY coffees via the drink package, you must visit the coffee bar or during MDR hours( I think you can also get it in WJ too when it s serving food) . it is not an option via RS delivery. the includes Americanos made with actual beans instead of the liquid concentrate the MDR/Buffet/ Promenade has available all day long.

bottled water is available at any bar. WJ and MDR when serving food. the coffees covered under the package are available at a couple of locations.. like the bar just outside WJ, the coffee bar that shares space with the real ice cream place and maybe possibly the solarium bar.

coffee must be pre ordered for RS delivery either via the hang tag or by calling. if you only want the included coffee, its free.

if you want SPECIALTY coffees via the drink package, you must visit the coffee bar or during MDR hours( I think you can also get it in WJ too when it s serving food) . it is not an option via RS delivery. the includes Americanos made with actual beans instead of the liquid concentrate the MDR/Buffet/ Promenade has available all day long.

bottled water is available at any bar. WJ and MDR when serving food. the coffees covered under the package are available at a couple of locations.. like the bar just outside WJ, the coffee bar that shares space with the real ice cream place and maybe possibly the solarium bar.

Royal Caribbean does not use liquid concentrate, they have brewed coffee. There is also no promenade on Brilliance or bar outside of the WJ. Where is the real ice cream place you are referring to on Brilliance?

To the OP, you can get bottled water with your refreshment package at any bar, the Windjammer, Café Lattetudes, specialty restaurants and the Main Dining Room. You can order the free coffee and continental breakfast to be delivered to your room but your refreshment package will not cover specialty coffee or bottled water you request to be delivered. You can get espresso based specialty coffee with your package at Café Lattetudes as well as the MDR and specialty restaurants. There is brewed, "free" coffee in all the places listed above as well as the Solarium.

coffee must be pre ordered for RS delivery either via the hang tag or by calling.

RCI Radiance Class has interactive televisions. Room service can be ordered that way as well.

And I agree with the last person. I have never seen liquid concentrate coffee on RCI. It's only been brewed coffee in all venues.

Edited by Aquahound