** Live Review ** Oasis of the Seas June 10 - 17 2018

Hi all!

Tomorrow begins our great migration to Orlando to board Oasis of the Seas! I’m Haley, and my boyfriend Jason and I will be on our first Oasis class ship. We are perhaps a bit younger than the normal cruise crowd, at ages 26 and 27. Though technically “millennials” we’re pretty low key. Here’s us, by the way!

a16eb63590b3f3a31a17cb425f6a964a.jpg

This is our second cruise together (our first on Independence in 2015), but we both have cruised a few other times before we met. My childhood spring breaks were often spent on cruises, and I have always love them. I just wish my parents had been savvy enough to signed me up for Crown and Anchor that young [emoji6] It’s so great to have met my boyfriend, who enjoys cruises just as much as I do!

Jason’s mom was extremely generous and bought the cruise as a gift to celebrate Jay graduating with his bachelors in finance. If you have questions about finance, he will chat with you as long as your ears allow it [emoji4] It is fun to be with someone who is so passionate about what they studied! I’m a UX Designer, if you’re interested.

Anyway, we are all packed up tonight and will be leaving San Diego to fly to Orlando tomorrow. We’re staying at a hotel around the airport, then Ubering to the port the next morning. As much as we have anticipated this cruise and I’ve done my fair share of checking out these forums, we have tried to still keep an element of surprise and wonder to the grandeur of this ship class! We’re sure we won’t be disappointed.

Thanks for reading and I hope you join us in our seven day Eastern Caribbean itinerary! [emoji267][emoji924]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for joining along! Currently waiting in line for security for our flight.

b73d2ca647e5cc124cb228a36c9ae1f5.heic

It’s overcast and foggy this morning in San Diego, I hope the sun is shining in Orlando once we arrive.

When you are on board visit the loyalty ambassador and they may be able to find your previous cruises even if you did not have a number and give you credit. My daughter had one cruise where her number wasnt on the reservation and they were able to find it.

Congratulations to him!

My parents and sister along with her kids are going on this cruise too.

Too bad I'm not going too. I'm at a software company where I used to be in QA (now in Tier 2 support), so we could have rolled our eyes at grumpy engineers who don't follow simple instructions. ;p

Looking forward to "sailing" with you!

Sweet picture of you two. Enjoy your cruise! We were on Allure (sister ship of Oasis) a couple years ago and amazing ship. It's great you've found someone who loves cruising as much as you do. Looking forward to following along.

When you are on board visit the loyalty ambassador and they may be able to find your previous cruises even if you did not have a number and give you credit. My daughter had one cruise where her number wasnt on the reservation and they were able to find it.

Oh this is a good idea... I wouldn’t even know the name of the ship or exact dates, so I’m not sure how much magic they can work! But it might be worth looking into just in case [emoji1]

Sweet picture of you two. Enjoy your cruise! We were on Allure (sister ship of Oasis) a couple years ago and amazing ship. It's great you've found someone who loves cruising as much as you do. Looking forward to following along.

Thanks Lu [emoji1] We hope to go on the sister ships someday too!

My wife and I were the same age last year when we did the Oasis for our honeymoon. You'll have a fine time. Congrats to your beau on graduating.

That’s awesome to hear, congrats on your marriage! Sounds like a fantastic honeymoon [emoji4] Thanks!

We made it to Orlando, albeit a few hitches. Our second plane was delayed an hour. Then, after we left the gate, we had to re-taxi because a sensor went off, had to have the mechanic board and fix it, yada yada... anyway, we made it, and the sun shone beautifully when we landed.

778594858c9346676b7035d2dddaafa9.heic

We are staying in a hotel near the airport tonight, and let me say, they have a fantastic photographer—this place looks nothing like the photos and is a piece of work [emoji15] I joked with Jason it will make our nice room in Oasis even more enjoyable. We walked to a restaurant near the hotel and shared a burger for dinner, which exceeded our expectations.

One more sleep and we’re on our Oasis!

Thanks everyone for joining along! Currently waiting in line for security for our flight.

b73d2ca647e5cc124cb228a36c9ae1f5.heic

It’s overcast and foggy this morning in San Diego, I hope the sun is shining in Orlando once we arrive.

Sounds like fun.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Following along! I’m from San Diego but we live in Tampa now. We will be aboard the Oasis in 2 weeks. Looking forward to your review. Congrats to Jason! Go Aztecs!!

Nice!! My mom lives in Sarasota so I normally fly into Tampa, it was so neat to fly over the Skyway Bridge. Jason says thanks!