** Live Review ** Oasis of the Seas June 10 - 17 2018

Today is finally here!! We woke up, had breakfast at the hotel, and are catching an Uber soon to the port. I couldn’t quite find out how soon we could board (paperwork says 11:30 but we want to be on as soon as possible).

Our first order of business, after giddily taking in the excitement of taking the first steps on our ship, is to head to Chops and see if we can get in there for our First Night Done Right.

We also need to schedule our My Time Dining. We tried online 30+ days before our trip, but they only had 8:45 pm available all week. I am assuming they have early spots available for us to book once onboard, as we really don’t want to have to wait long to be seated every night if we have to show up without reservations. We would have preferred to have the early dining, but it was full when we booked, thus stuck with My Time for now. If anyone has any more info or advice, let me know [emoji4]

Time to request the Uber! Here we go [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d2c14e88d14148747996569a803c43ee.heic

We made it!! This ship is so fun to explore.

4213bf47040e825703a78cd0fcfe849c.heic

First stop was Central Park. We have dinner at Chops at 6 pm. We also found our our TA (Costco) gave us a free dining voucher for four. So, it sounds like we need to make friends with another couple and treat them to dinner [emoji1] Also, any recommendations of what other restaurant we should do? We were thinking Izumi (for hibachi) or 150 Central Park.

d2c14e88d14148747996569a803c43ee.heic

We made it!! This ship is so fun to explore.

4213bf47040e825703a78cd0fcfe849c.heic

First stop was Central Park. We have dinner at Chops at 6 pm. We also found our our TA (Costco) gave us a free dining voucher for four. So, it sounds like we need to make friends with another couple and treat them to dinner [emoji1] Also, any recommendations of what other restaurant we should do? We were thinking Izumi (for hibachi) or 150 Central Park.

We were on the Oasis on her May 6, 2018 sailing. Had dinner at 150 Central Park. It was great. Highly recommend 150 Central Park.

Awesome, thanks for the info everyone. 150 Central Park it is! Now we have to choose what night [emoji1]

After wandering Central Park, checking out the pools, the sports area, and the Royal Promenade, we stopped at the classic WJ for lunch. The roast beef was great, and the large inside-out popover-looking bread was delicious. I’m not sure if we missed a main section, but the actual area where they had food seemed so much smaller than on Indy; maybe they’ve just made the space more efficient.

8f94a76b13971dba5d9de84839f9ae88.heic

Next we headed to the pool, grabbed a pina colada, and enjoyed a bit of sun and the pool. We didn’t stay out too long though, just enough to kill some time.

eec6cf4407d5f1633c50d8dfca793015.jpg

After we headed to our state room. 10624. I’m really happy that the bed is next to the balcony! We already laid down and took a nap, the sun and sharing a drink really got us. The mysterious TA perks weren’t on any paper in our room... I’m not sure if they will be delivered later, or I may make a trip down to guest services sometime tomorrow, once the crowds die down.

04548ef9c10ac68add8c19255c0c7886.heic

ea87f1aeec68edb6a06ff104d15c5121.heic

Jason was kind enough to run and grab a cup of coffee for us to help me wake up. We’ve been enjoying the balcony, and we saw two different sting rays swimming nearby, I was surprised because there’s so much boat traffic.

We’re now hearing about the ever exciting muster drill over the speaker.

After the muster drill we watched the ship sail away on the top deck, then headed back to our room to unpack.

28304a74e8e2f22810daf82a28d677e2.heic

Dinner at Chops was fantastic!

Wedge salad and Caesar salad. The wedge salad was really delicious, the Caesar was nothing special (I prefer a very tangy Caesar dressing)

bba726dcd80409a0f647e3213a1b2379.heic

21ef8fe545f846c39d92a3a9b5f0e683.heic

Our starters were the tuna tartare, shrimp cocktail, and the black pepper bacon (the first two were gobbled before pictures could be taken)

11e43947b8b186f7503a3e36007f7193.heic

I got the bone in ribeye, but I should have gotten the filet mignon like Jason, it was so tender and melted in your mouth. It was the best filet I’ve ever had.

The sides were asparagus, mashed potatoes, mushrooms, mac and cheese, and cheese tater tots (the last of which we didn’t order, but it ended up being my favorite side)

37be23aa39dfe0d19d60ddd9018b80bc.heic

a0fc8bb87d016d4af5be4e3ea38843f1.heic

We finished off the meal with the cheesecake, warm chocolate cake, and key lime pie. The cheesecake was really lackluster. The other two were amazing!!

2e4aa93e88fba0c318d08d202dd92ef0.heic

7b98a4a7ae695b3f621a38d649e8abe5.heic

469bc1e0b15399f345b974a6cd4f61e2.heic

Overall we had a great meal and absolutely loved the Chops patio, it was so lovely to eat outside rather than in the dark and more crowded restaurant.

5c5d75286cd39250e4d7d47560af2781.jpg

d05548023c786b97dca9fe336d8e096a.heic

Next we went to Frozen in Time in Studio B. We both enjoyed it!

Finally we finished the night walking around the ship, in Central Park. We especially loved the violin and piano players there. We also sat in a two person seat in the solarium. The solarium is in the front on this ship, and the window near us was open, so we enjoyed the breeze.

2159c92ec9f5e8772e030af2b56b643a.heic

Tomorrow morning we wake up in Nassau! See you on day 2!

We are considering taking an urber from Orlando to port. Would you recommend it? How much did it cost?

Thanks!

From our hotel, about 10 min north of the airport, it was $51 total. Just make sure to enter the exact cruise terminal address (we looked it up from the port website beforehand), our uber driver had never been to the port before so we all would have been really lost.

Hi Haley!! Enjoying your cruise review. 126 sleeps before we board the Allure. Ironic that you're from San Diego. We're going to San Diego Saturday for a long weekend to celebrate my BDAY!! We're staying at Loew's on Coronado. We're doing the normal touristy stuff i.e. zoo, seaworld and Balboa park.

Since you're a local let me know any must eat cheap eats in San Diego. We'll have a car so we can travel any where. Seafood and Mexican food are our favorites.

Can't wait to follow along with you this week.

Hi Haley!! Enjoying your cruise review. 126 sleeps before we board the Allure. Ironic that you're from San Diego. We're going to San Diego Saturday for a long weekend to celebrate my BDAY!! We're staying at Loew's on Coronado. We're doing the normal touristy stuff i.e. zoo, seaworld and Balboa park.

Since you're a local let me know any must eat cheap eats in San Diego. We'll have a car so we can travel any where. Seafood and Mexican food are our favorites.

I'll jump in on this one too. If you love Mexican food, be sure and eat at one of the Roberto's mexican fast food restaurants. Not fancy, just a quick stop place, mostly on the coast. Carne asada burrito, the best you'll eat. If your not from socal, pretty much any place ending in "berto's" will be a treat for fast mexican food. Downtown, just go to the gaslamp, great fun and lots of food. If your up north a bit, 30miles north of downtown is a city called Oceanside, go to LTH( local tap house) http://localtaphouse.com great food and brews.

Awesome review Haley!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi Haley!

I love your outfit from embarkation day, it's so cute :) Loving your review and photos so far, keep up the great work :D

(Congratulations to Jay on convocation!)

Christine

Loving the posts so far. Only another 120 days or so to our next cruise on Oasis. The item you had in windjammer on your first day (popover looking bread) looks very much like a Yorkshire pudding, and they are very nice indeed! Enjoy the cruise, and look forward to seeing & hearing more over the week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all!! I’m a UX Designer, if you’re interested.

I had to look it up, I'd talk your ear off given the opportunity. Sounds like a worthwhile vocation. I enjoy all reviews and will look forward to updates on Oasis. Enjoy!

I hope the time until you board Allure flies by! I hope you have a great time in San Diego. I would check out Old Town for some Mexican, especially the Tortilla lady, I can never remember what restaurant it’s at but google and you’ll find her, delicious, fresh tortillas you can pickup outside the restaurant on the street! As for cheap seafood, despite being on the coast, seafood isn’t as common/plentiful like somewhere like Florida. But there’s so many good sushi places! We love Sushi Kuchi or Poke One and a Half if you like sushi or poke. Both are cheap and great portions.

Hi Haley!

I love your outfit from embarkation day, it's so cute :) Loving your review and photos so far, keep up the great work :D

(Congratulations to Jay on convocation!)

Christine

Thank you so much! Jay says thanks too [emoji1]