Price Drop After Final Payment Made

PoohUnderstands

Pooh, we got one refared 5, yes 5 days before our cruise sailed...now granted this was on a Caribbean cruise last November and in our case the ***** fiasco was involved when we cancelled the 2B4 days on the ***** rollout and booked the Crown for the same dates

as a side note - with the savings from cancelling the ***** Regal - we were able to book the above Crown - and also a 5 day Crown in March 2018 that went to Grand Turk - the port that was cancelled and replace by Princess Cay on the 4day part.

Just so happened, we got our one and only "move over" offer on that 5 day 3/18 cruise and changed it to the 7 day Regal Eastern Caribbean to PC, st Thomas and st marten...that left the next week - wow, just wow

i got my alaska cruise refared last month 8 days before the cruise. the price dropped and nowhere did it say new bookings only. i had booked this one direct and the rep had to ask a supervisor as it wouldn't work for her but they got it done. and yes, i asked sweetly. :)

My experience of price drop AFTER final payment:

Of course, it must be in the same category. I was lucky that the cabin offered was in the exact same location - just starboard instead of port.

The rep told me it was a sale fare, it was not. I asked her to look at it again. She said it is only for new bookings. I asked where the saw that (I asked very sweetly - the whole "gosh, I must be missing something, exactly where do you see that?") She said she had to talk to someone.

They would not rebook or refare. I was offered $150 pp OBC ($300 total for hubby and I in a BF balcony).

She said it was a mistake, that it should have been listed as a sale - but it wasn't, and still isn't almost 8 weeks later.

Rebooking and losing the prepaid Grats and $75 pp OBC on the original booking still would have been worth it. But I worked directly with Princess (no TA) and wasn't given that option.

EDIT: Just saw cdngirl's response - wish I had gotten that rep!!

My experience of price drop AFTER final payment:

Of course, it must be in the same category. I was lucky that the cabin offered was in the exact same location - just starboard instead of port.

The rep told me it was a sale fare, it was not. I asked her to look at it again. She said it is only for new bookings. I asked where the saw that (I asked very sweetly - the whole "gosh, I must be missing something, exactly where do you see that?") She said she had to talk to someone.

They would not rebook or refare. I was offered $150 pp OBC ($300 total for hubby and I in a BF balcony).

She said it was a mistake, that it should have been listed as a sale - but it wasn't, and still isn't almost 8 weeks later.

Rebooking and losing the prepaid Grats and $75 pp OBC on the original booking still would have been worth it. But I worked directly with Princess (no TA) and wasn't given that option.

EDIT: Just saw cdngirl's response - wish I had gotten that rep!!

Your last line speaks volumes...at least you got the OBC after it was 'moved up the line of command'

I have $450OBC....all after final payment for July 7 cruise....your same room category must be available...as previously said...be nice but firm.....I got this over the course of a few weeks on 3 different price drops.

I have been told by guest relations it all depends........

How was the cruise was booked.

What was your original price?

Do you have other promos?

What cabin CAT did u booked?

Have you booked solo?

Are you a new cruiser to Princess?

Length of cruise?

Who you booked your cruise with, Princess, us, canada,uk, au etc.

When u are sailing?

Etc....Etc...

always call and ask if you feel, you should benefit in some way.

I have received only cabin upgrades twice after final payment. On one cruise I was cruising solo with a GF...we both had inside cabins.....she had not cruised with Princess as much as I . She was upgraded to a balcony. I only an ocean view.

Edited by land lover

I have called on things that had no mention anywhere of "new bookings only" and have never been successful. I tried for the Landmark Sale. They said, nope, nope, nope. New bookings only. I asked where it said that and nobody could answer that question as it wasn't listed anywhere.

I remember looking at the first Sip and Sail. Nowhere did it specify balcony or higher category. I looked and looked. I called Princess and they said it was a mistake. I went up the chain of command. No dice. The next day the write up had changed and specified the cabin restrictions. It really doesn't matter what Princess advertises or doesn't advertise. They do what "they meant" not what "they said".

I've learned after many calls and situations - what you see on the INTERNET is not necessarily the same thing the Princess call reps are seeing on their Princess INTRANET.

I've had them put me on hold and grab a different computer and actually go the online website...

seriously

Always worth a try.

The ONE time a price drop was lower than what I paid (and I watch all the time), it was after final payment. I called and asked if I could have the new pricing. The rep would drop my price, but gave me $200 OBC...better than a kick in the shins.;p

Our TA got us an upgraded cabin on our first Princess cruise when the price dropped dramatically after the final payment date. It's one experience that taught me that it can be better to wait to book if I don't have a specific cruise in mind.

I have called on things that had no mention anywhere of "new bookings only" and have never been successful. I tried for the Landmark Sale. They said, nope, nope, nope. New bookings only. I asked where it said that and nobody could answer that question as it wasn't listed anywhere.

I remember looking at the first Sip and Sail. Nowhere did it specify balcony or higher category. I looked and looked. I called Princess and they said it was a mistake. I went up the chain of command. No dice. The next day the write up had changed and specified the cabin restrictions. It really doesn't matter what Princess advertises or doesn't advertise. They do what "they meant" not what "they said".

LOL..when I booked my first S&S with Princess, I remember the rep asking me..what CAT do you want, I said well what I read was it was balcony or above..he said oh this morning I booked an inside for someone.....guess they saw the error prior to you trying to book. Win some u lose some. I wanted a mini...but guess I should have tried to book an IS with that rep. :D

I've learned after many calls and situations - what you see on the INTERNET is not necessarily the same thing the Princess call reps are seeing on their Princess INTRANET.

I've had them put me on hold and grab a different computer and actually go the online website...

seriously

This is notoriously done on another cruise line..

So when you see it on-line book it..ask questions later.

With so many now building our status into pricing...even my TA has come up with better pricing in their program with Princess, that has nothing to do with TA price adjusting.