Can they do this? Room assignment question

Laurie7724

I am interested in this, too! I am booked on the Panorama in 2020 (yes, I know....looooong way off!) and booked into one of the harbour suites (yes, I know......veeeeeery noisy!). Although there are only 3 of us sailing, the bed configuration meant that a 3-person room wasn't really ideal (double sofa bed and queen that can be made into twins). I booked a room that can hold 4 (with pullman) and was told by the rep that we would be moved if it was needed by a party of 4.

My question is this - IF we have to move and the only comparable suites left are the 3 person ones, are we allowed to "downgrade" and move to another cabin type that has a better configuration? Or are we allowed to simply say "no" and cancel? I am not inclined to pay the $$$ for a suite and have to sleep in a tiny twin bed - and I sure won't be sharing a queen with either of my kids!

I am interested in this, too! I am booked on the Panorama in 2020 (yes, I know....looooong way off!) and booked into one of the harbour suites (yes, I know......veeeeeery noisy!). Although there are only 3 of us sailing, the bed configuration meant that a 3-person room wasn't really ideal (double sofa bed and queen that can be made into twins). I booked a room that can hold 4 (with pullman) and was told by the rep that we would be moved if it was needed by a party of 4.

My question is this - IF we have to move and the only comparable suites left are the 3 person ones, are we allowed to "downgrade" and move to another cabin type that has a better configuration? Or are we allowed to simply say "no" and cancel? I am not inclined to pay the $$$ for a suite and have to sleep in a tiny twin bed - and I sure won't be sharing a queen with either of my kids!

the problem is that they don't need to ask your permission. if needed, they will just change it. They 'might' notify you or they may not. If they don't notify you, then you're not going to have a choice and you can cancel with the normal penalties since they told you in the contract and verbally.

having said that, I think its more rare than anything else that a 3 person is moved. I think if they move people its usually 2 people in a 4 person room.

the problem is that they don't need to ask your permission. if needed, they will just change it. They 'might' notify you or they may not. If they don't notify you, then you're not going to have a choice and you can cancel with the normal penalties since they told you in the contract and verbally.

having said that, I think its more rare than anything else that a 3 person is moved. I think if they move people its usually 2 people in a 4 person room.

Thanks! I guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed!

;p

Thanks! I guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed!

;p

its really rare that they move people and they will start with moving 2 people in a 4 person room before 3 people so I think you will be ok. I'll keep my fingers crossed too

It happened to us last year, we booked a balcony room, not even noticing it said it was a 3 person room. When we did the deposit and booked it came up with a RED message on the checkin page when we tried to checkin, so we called. The person said it was because there were 2 person rooms still available on that floor, so she moved us to one of them. First time and only time it ever happened to us...and it was the day we booked.

It wasn't a big deal, it was down the hall about 10 doors, same area of ship.

I am trying to book a cabin on lido deck for 2 people. It only gives me an option for rooms that can sleep 4 (a king, a sleeper sofa and a pull down. There are no cabins on this floor in this section that sleep less then 3. I have no problem booking this room but have heard if the room was needed for a bigger party they could change you to a different room on a different floor against your will? Is this true? Can they really do this?

YES THEY CAN!

My suggestion, get yourself a Carnival PVP, Personal Vacation Planer!