My Time Dining...Sorry, another one!!

So we are sailing with 10 family members on Allure in 12 days and have a fixed MTD reservation at 6 pm. This may be a something that has been answered and asked before but I've cruised 8 times on RCC but never did MTD before. Are we able to arrive later, say between 6:30-7 and if so, what does that do to our place in the queue? I am thinking that it would be like any other restaurant where we would wait for the next table of 10 but... who knows?? Thanks!

So we are sailing with 10 family members on Allure in 12 days and have a fixed MTD reservation at 6 pm. This may be a something that has been answered and asked before but I've cruised 8 times on RCC but never did MTD before. Are we able to arrive later, say between 6:30-7 and if so, what does that do to our place in the queue? I am thinking that it would be like any other restaurant where we would wait for the next table of 10 but... who knows?? Thanks!

You would go to the back of the no-reservation line.

We had a group MTD table reservation for 6PM ,however one night we all arrived at 6:30 .We were seated promptly without a problem .I think it depends on whomever is at the desk.

Probably also depends on if another big group happens to show up in between.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think this would be the case. Since the number of large tables is limited, you might have a very long wait if you are late and forfeit your table.

If you think you'll show up late on a particular day for a specific reason eg. a show timing, a tour in a port - and you know in advance - just have a word with the host and change your time to one which suits you better. Just because you have a 6pm reservation doesn't mean you have to eat at that time every night but, as others have pointed out, with such a big table you would need to give the restaurant advance notice of the time you want.

If you think you want to eat later because you are having second thoughts about 6pm being too early for all the party just go along to the MTD host when you board and change your timings for the whole cruise.