Caribbean Princess photo review 2018 : Suite and sour

scubacruiserx2

Wonderful photos, I look forward to more. Xmas at Ushaia will be cool.

See if you can get to Martilla Island for the penguin colonies on the private ranch (limited to 40 people). The scenery on the way is spectacular and you get to walk among the penguins on the island rather than looking from the boat.

Wonderful photos, I look forward to more. Xmas at Ushaia will be cool.

See if you can get to Martilla Island for the penguin colonies on the private ranch (limited to 40 people). The scenery on the way is spectacular and you get to walk among the penguins on the island rather than looking from the boat.

Thanks for the information as we haven't been to either place . We were supposed to go to Volunteer Point but the cruise line changed it to Puerto Madryn where we went to Punta Tombo to see the penguins and other wildlife .

IMG_9934-001_zps007c4114.jpg

IMG_9895-001_zps3c89ef2e.jpg

IMG_9967-001_zps2152131f.jpg

It looks like this guanaco is kissing a penguin

IMG_9837-001_zps98b33797.jpg

Rodents

IMG_9949-002_zpsd785ac94.jpg

IMG_9851-002_zps66ee227c.jpg

We are scheduled to stop at the Falklands and Puerto Madryn this time .

Drinking water was supposed to be 2 bottles a day per person . We only got 6 bottles total . Others report that if the previous day's bottles were visible, new ones were not put in the cabin. If you did not get the bottles when you should have, did you speak with your cabin steward?

Buffet was only open on 1 side and was crowded Was this every time you went or only on embarkation day for lunch?

We had to pay for 4 people to have the ultimate balcony dinner for 3 ( 4 main courses ) . No photos taken at the dinner . Did you ask while on board why the photos were not taken?

Hello caribill.

Yes we did talk to our cabin steward about it before we ran out of water and wanted to give him a chance to work it out. He spoke with his supervisor who refused to give the waters.

Only when we visited the buffet. We did visit daily for tea and snacks and the ice was out every time and the cool water was only in pitchers at one end of the seating area. Most of our meals were in the Club Class Dining or Specialty Dining.

We have had the Balcony Dinner several times, so we were ready and waiting for the photographer 1 hour before.The photographer usually comes before dinner or at the beginning with appetizers and drinks. When we asked about the photographer we were told they would come during or after the dinner. It was late by the time we finished and decided to follow-up the next day. We became busy with enjoying the rest of our cruise...

So, to clear things up, only one side of the buffet was open for meals?

Cool, the photos are great and if you get to Volunteer point and/ or Martillo island, you will certainly get nice and close so no need for any zoom lens, sometimes they come and step on your feet. Three colonies of penguins - Gentoo, King and Magellanic. Sometimes there is the Rockhopper, Macaroni and Hombolt penguins as well

Edited by MicCanberra

Originally posted by scubacruiserx2
Drinking water was supposed to be 2 bottles a day per person . We only got 6 bottles total .
Others report that if the previous day's bottles were visible, new ones were not put in the cabin. If you did not get the bottles when you should have, did you speak with your cabin steward?

Buffet was only open on 1 side and was crowded
Was this every time you went or only on embarkation day for lunch?

We had to pay for 4 people to have the ultimate balcony dinner for 3 ( 4 main courses ) . No photos taken at the dinner .
Did you ask while on board why the photos were not taken?

Hello caribill.

Yes we did talk to our cabin steward about it before we ran out of water and wanted to give him a chance to work it out. He spoke with his supervisor who refused to give the waters.

Only when we visited the buffet.
We did visit daily for tea and snacks and the ice was out every time and the cool water was only in pitchers at one end of the seating area. Most of our meals were in the Club Class Dining or Specialty Dining.

We have had the Balcony Dinner several times, so we were ready and waiting for the photographer 1 hour before.The photographer usually comes before dinner or at the beginning with appetizers and drinks. When we asked about the photographer we were told they would come during or after the dinner. It was late by the time we finished and decided to follow-up the next day. We became busy with enjoying the rest of our cruise...

So, to clear things up, only one side of the buffet was open for meals?

Cool, the photos are great and if you get to Volunteer point and/ or Martillo island, you will certainly get nice and close so no need for any zoom lens, sometimes they come and step on your feet. Three colonies of penguins - Gentoo, King and Magellanic. Sometimes there is the Rockhopper, Macaroni and Hombolt penguins as well

That sounds fantastic Mic as we have only seen the Magellanic . :):D

Roatan

Tyler didn't seem to be up for diving and so we just hung out on the ship and at the port .

IMG_1675-001_zpscfa2d249.jpg

IMG_1671-001_zpsc4dc4ac6.jpg

Mahogany Bay is owned by Carnival and is filled with shops .

IMG_1670-001_zps0e7e7dcf.jpg

DSC00844-002_zpsd358ae60.jpg

It's a long walk thru them and up a hill if you want to get a taxi or meet somebody . They can drop you off at the port, just no pickups - except ships excursions . We did do a ship's tour once .

Waiting place # 1.

DSC00843-001_zps99637caa.jpg

Waiting place # 2

DSC00843-001_zps99637caa.jpg

What was the date of this cruise? I could have sworn when we were onboard CB in January and in March that the deck chairs had been upgraded from these plastic framed mesh ones in recent photos. Maybe the date was mentioned earlier, and I overlooked it. I tried to follow this thread but the deviation from a cruise review lost me.

What was the date of this cruise? I could have sworn when we were onboard CB in January and in March that the deck chairs had been upgraded from these plastic framed mesh ones in recent photos. Maybe the date was mentioned earlier, and I overlooked it. I tried to follow this thread but the deviation from a cruise review lost me.

June 2nd thru the 9th .

We enjoyed Roatan the one time we were there off the Constellation in 2013. There is a wonderful eco-park where we spent time with parrots and monkeys...it was a fun afternoon...better than some of the other islands.

Well I don't know if it's reading your review or just what looks to be a great deal but we are considering booking a full suite on the Regal for Nov 1-10...have been looking for something in the fall for awhile and this looks like a fun cruise!!!

We enjoyed Roatan the one time we were there off the Constellation in 2013. There is a wonderful eco-park where we spent time with parrots and monkeys...it was a fun afternoon...better than some of the other islands.

Well I don't know if it's reading your review or just what looks to be a great deal but we are considering booking a full suite on the Regal for Nov 1-10...have been looking for something in the fall for awhile and this looks like a fun cruise!!![/quote

We prefer the Regal to the CB . A nice couple that we met on The Regal was nice enough to show us and allow us to take some photos of their suite.

DSC04994_zpsuog98b97.jpg

DSC04995_zpswhwnqdrk.jpg

DSC04991_zpsp0gxuczo.jpg

DSC04992_zps9mp5tqwl.jpg

DSC04996_zpstgsdaqtg.jpg

The Concierge Lounge

DSC0498920Stitch-001_zpsflgm6b7b.jpg