Platinum/Diamond cabins ready when boarding

Sparky2

I think the last few years since FTTF, we've had that logo on our luggage tags and boarding pass & were able to go to our cabins when boarding the ship. Is that still true?

As of 2 weeks ago, still true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is true. There will likely be signs on the closed-off hallways, indicating that rooms will not be ready until 1:30. However, I asked about this at Guest Services, in April, and they assured me that Platinum and Diamond may still go early. (They thanked me for inquiring about the signs, saying that many people disregard them, even though they are not P or D!)

As of 2 weeks ago, still true.

Glad to hear it. I was concerned because the luggage tags no longer had the FTTF logo on it. Thought they might have taken it away from us.

That's the only reason I wasn't upset at all when FTTF started. That gave us an additional benefit.

While you still can go to your room early there are so many Diamond , Platinum and FTTF members now that the rooms are not completely prepped as in the past. To much work load on the staff . But the benefit of going to your cabin early was around long before FTTF started.

Glad to hear it. I was concerned because the luggage tags no longer had the FTTF logo on it. Thought they might have taken it away from us.

That's the only reason I wasn't upset at all when FTTF started. That gave us an additional benefit.

Dumb question. Did you print out your tags prior to purchasing FTTF? Go into your cruise documents section in "Manage My Cruise", and go to the page where you can see the luggage tags. Look for the FTTF logo. If it's not there, call you PVP or Carnival and ask that your luggage tags be updated to include the FTTF logo, then print them again.

Dumb question. Did you print out your tags prior to purchasing FTTF? Go into your cruise documents section in "Manage My Cruise", and go to the page where you can see the luggage tags. Look for the FTTF logo. If it's not there, call you PVP or Carnival and ask that your luggage tags be updated to include the FTTF logo, then print them again.

He should just have the Red Priority on his luggage tag now.

Yes, it is true. There will likely be signs on the closed-off hallways, indicating that rooms will not be ready until 1:30. However, I asked about this at Guest Services, in April, and they assured me that Platinum and Diamond may still go early. (They thanked me for inquiring about the signs, saying that many people disregard them, even though they are not P or D!)

Perfect. Now I don’t have to use that secret path anymore

Edited by LuckyZ

Diamond and Platinum no longer have the FTTF logo, just a red “Priority” triangle thing.

While you still can go to your room early there are so many Diamond , Platinum and FTTF members now that the rooms are not completely prepped as in the past. To much work load on the staff . But the benefit of going to your cabin early was around long before FTTF started.

Yep...that was evident on our cruise out of Port Canaveral last month. We got to our cabin by 11:15...even though the ship got in a little late that morning...surprisingly, we had our luggage by 11:30am!!

I’d have to go back and check what our luggage tags said to be sure, but I think they were marked priority...but no logo as I recall. All I know is we were unpacking our carry-ons in our cabin at about 11:15, and our luggage was delivered by 11:30, and the ship was late getting into port that morning.

I agree.

And if you look at the benefit list for platinum and diamonds, first access to stateroom is NOT among the listed perks.

Ummm... Hows this?

Q:*As a past guest, does*FTTF*take away from the exclusivity of my VIFP Club Diamond and Platinum benefits?

A:*VIFP Platinum and Diamond members receive all the benefits of*FTTF*for free. So, not only is the program complimentary for those individuals but we've also enhanced the VIFP Club benefits overall on these ships where we are offering*FTTF. At the start of boarding, VIFP Platinum and Diamond members will board first prior to those guests who have purchased the*FTTF*program.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3470/~/faster-to-the-fun-faqs

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I felt weird about it on Breeze last week. I'm Platinum, but the doors were sealed shut and the signs were clearly visible (and said nothing about Platinum, Diamond, or FTTF) and I didn't want to feel like a diva...

I felt weird about it on Breeze last week. I'm Platinum, but the doors were sealed shut and the signs were clearly visible (and said nothing about Platinum, Diamond, or FTTF) and I didn't want to feel like a diva...

Go ahead - feel like a Diva. Many people on this board have expressed that they already think we feel entitled because of the loyalty status. :confused:Just drop your stuff and go about your business. It's up to Carnival to enforce their rules.

We were on Horizon end of May and had carry-ons only. Hallway doors were closed with "cabins not ready" but I asked someone who was just inside the door if platinums can drop off at the cabin and crew said "yes, come on in."

I agree.

And if you look at the benefit list for platinum and diamonds, first access to stateroom is NOT among the listed perks.

?,

it 'is' still given to Plat./Diamond, as a matter of who goes first, fttf go 'after' plat/dia.!

This is not always the situation. There are usually more D/Ps on the speciality cruises, but not on every cruise.