P&O v's---

emam

Saw a YouTube video yesterday of TUI entertainment staff doing the Full Monty in front of lucky ladies from the audience. Groan. Now I am not a prude but I want more from a cruise .. and expect more.. than this sort of Blackpool Hen Party entertainment. It's put us off even considering TUI now ....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I have to say that would put me off a cruise line as well.

I have been on many TUI cruises and never seen anything like that on it before. I hope it is not the shape of things to come entertainment wise.

This is from lovely Colin Davies' you tube video. Now I like Colin and his wife but this clip was not what I would want to experience on a cruise

Look from 14 to 19 minutes in

Just made us cringe -----------

This is from lovely Colin Davies' you tube video. Now I like Colin and his wife but this clip was not what I would want to experience on a cruise

Look from 14 to 19 minutes in

Just made us cringe -----------

:eek::eek:

Wow, not seen anything like that on any of our P&O cruises, THANKFULLY !!

Although, arguably P&O's standards in certain areas have declined over the years let's hope they don't stoop that low.

Edited by P-L-B

This show was presented in exactly the same way aboard Discovery 2 out of Jamaica in January this year too. As I said in my earlier post, I did find the entertainment a bit Hi-de-Hi. The Cruise Director was a stand-in but as they all come from Peel Productions, was presumably selected for the same qualities. He presented his daily TV show together with the Assistant CD and I think they thought they were Ant & Dec. His parting shot line, as he was leaving the ship the following day, was "Well, I've got an early rise in the morning - and no that's not a euphemism". I am not a prude either but definitely expect more of a Cruise Director.

Passengers were warned in Cruise News about the show based on The Full Monty. So going to the show and then complaining is unreasonable.

Marella use Peel entertainers on all their ships apart from Explorer who use TED. IMO they are more talented than the P&O offering and can certainly sing better. The shows are more innovative as well

This show was presented in exactly the same way aboard Discovery 2 out of Jamaica in January this year too. As I said in my earlier post, I did find the entertainment a bit Hi-de-Hi. The Cruise Director was a stand-in but as they all come from Peel Productions, was presumably selected for the same qualities. He presented his daily TV show together with the Assistant CD and I think they thought they were Ant & Dec. His parting shot line, as he was leaving the ship the following day, was "Well, I've got an early rise in the morning - and no that's not a euphemism". I am not a prude either but definitely expect more of a Cruise Director.
Cruise Director sounds like a posh title for someone who basically is an

Entertainments Manager.

Entertainments Manager.

Cruise Director used to be the norm an all cruise lines until recent years. Some of us prefer the old nautical terms like ship, cabin & deck etc :D - but I wouldn't dream of making a big thing about it.

Entertainments Manager.

It used to be a cruise director on P&O but they got fed up with passengers moaning and complaining about stuff that had nothing to do with entertainment

I doubt that the moaning reduced significantly ;)