Should I Ask???

GA Dave

Our cruise in September in a mini-suite has been booked for many, many months and was fully paid off several weeks ago, including excursions, fees, etc. As part of our reservation, we were offered two "deals" for free and chose the UBP and Specialty Dining. I just noticed last night that the NCL.com site is now advertising all five deals for free for balcony and above. Do you think it would be worth my time to call NCL and ask for a shipboard credit for the other three free items I was not originally offered? Or would that just be exercise for my lungs?

Our cruise in September in a mini-suite has been booked for many, many months and was fully paid off several weeks ago, including excursions, fees, etc. As part of our reservation, we were offered two "deals" for free and chose the UBP and Specialty Dining. I just noticed last night that the NCL.com site is now advertising all five deals for free for balcony and above. Do you think it would be worth my time to call NCL and ask for a shipboard credit for the other three free items I was not originally offered? Or would that just be exercise for my lungs?

I think if you dont call and ask...you will lose sleep over what coulda woulda been...so you owe it to yourself and these boards to call...remember..be very nice...complimentary..and use your best decorum..when asking for a little extra "scratch"...and please let the boards know the outcome...

very best of luck..

Is your sailing one of the sailings for which the promo is offered? (I got excited when I saw this too but quickly realized my sailing wasn't included) EDIT - saw that you will be on the Getaway and it is included in the current promo.

How does the price you paid for the mini-suite compare to the going rate? If you paid less than the current rate, I could understand NCL refusing your request. Perhaps the price of the cruise has been jacked up to offset the "freebies"?

If you decide to call, please let us know how it works out for you!

Is your sailing one of the sailings for which the promo is offered? (I got excited when I saw this too but quickly realized my sailing wasn't included) EDIT - saw that you will be on the Getaway and it is included in the current promo.

How does the price you paid for the mini-suite compare to the going rate? If you paid less than the current rate, I could understand NCL refusing your request. Perhaps the price of the cruise has been jacked up to offset the "freebies"?

If you decide to call, please let us know how it works out for you!

The current fare shown for the same class is $50 PP more than my reservation.

of course call and ask. Most likely you will be told: this is a special promo running now. you will need to take the one you opt for, but heck, who ever knows. As long as you are nice about it, they might bend, if not what have you lost? I will add, I do understand they may say nope. Normally when there is a special that is exactly what it is, a special.

I just called my travel and got all the perks added to my upcoming cruise and price stayed the same

I just did a mock booking for one of the sailings under the offer that listed 5 for free but when I chose my cabin category this is what came up. I am not sure why but it seems to be a little misleading.

FREE AT SEATwo Free Offers are included with your stateroom. You may continue or add up to two more.$ 3699

It doesn't hurt to ask. I called yesterday when I saw the 5 free perks. Although the price of our cabin stayed the same, the cabin I've been watching went down in price. I ended up upgrading from an aft-facing balcony to a aft-facing mini suite for $380 total (2 people). Received an additional $80 in on board credit and the additional perks (250 internet minutes and $50/per port excursion credit). We already had the specialty dining and unlimited drink packages. We probably won't use the $50 port excursion credit at all ports as we've already booked excursions on our own. Hoping to at least use it at Great Stirrup Cay and Harvest Caye for claim shells & bottled water? Maybe someone can let me know if the credit can be used for this? Good luck!

No extra deals for us. Our cabin’s fare increase from when we booked last September was more than the value of the internet and excursion package add-ons.

BUT, they did find my wife’s old Latitude number and were able to merge the accounts. So, the call was worth my time.

If the current price is less than or equal to what you paid they will give you the current perks, but if the price has gone over what you paid you are out of luck, unless you want to pay the current rate.

No extra deals for us. Our cabin’s fare increase from when we booked last September was more than the value of the internet and excursion package add-ons.

BUT, they did find my wife’s old Latitude number and were able to merge the accounts. So, the call was worth my time.

Thanks for letting us know. I guess the answer depends on the deals and the pricing as much as anything. Hope merging the accounts pays off for you in some way.

Thanks for letting us know. I guess the answer depends on the deals and the pricing as much as anything. Hope merging the accounts pays off for you in some way.

SOMETIMES the customer service reps can work miracles. We had booked our March 2019 cruise on an OS a while ago (before they increased the DSC on the Suites/Haven or charged the 18/20% on the dining and drink packages we received free). We had to add our granddaughter to the reservation late last week and I thought they would consider it a new booking and I would have to pick up all of the addl fees as well as the added cost for her. Turns out they only charged us for her and her prepaid DSC they charged us at our original rate. Saved us about $500 from what I thought the increase would be.

So I am in a balcony on deck 14 on the hump. I called to ask if we could get the two extra perks, also the room itself went down slightly, they offered a mini-suite on deck 12. I looked on line while I was on the call, and it appears that the deck 12 mini suites are the sail away ones. She couldn't tell me which room, where on the ship, what the views would be, and I wouldn't be getting the two extra perks, just the mini suite. I didn't think it was worth it, based on what I've read on here. They said I could pay to upgrade to a mini suite and get all the perks, but I don't think it's worth it since we won't need the $50 excursion credit since I've already booked excursions privately. I do have a bid in for a Haven room, so if we get that, that would be cool, if not, I'm good because I like the location I chose on the 14th floor with our balcony room. I guess I'm looking for some validation for turning down the "free" upgrade to a mini suite.

After analyzing, the Wifi/3-4 sail free mean zip to me. I might use the shore excursion credit...but probably not more than once....the offer sounds better on paper than in real life, at least for my uses. As long as they keep offering the UDP and the UBP, I'm good to go.

Sail on...