Pickleball- what ships have it?

9 minutes ago, cruisin0504 said:

Does AOS have the correct court that would make it possible? I do not know anything about this - I am just trying to get info for DH.  Thanks.

Don't know about Anthem, but Adventure and Allure have full size basketball courts.

24 minutes ago, cruisin0504 said:

Does AOS have the correct court that would make it possible? I do not know anything about this - I am just trying to get info for DH.  Thanks.

Pickleball has become very popular on cruises. Check your daily compass once on board. I seem to remember there being tournaments a couple of days on Liberty.

There is not a dedicated pickleball court per say they will utilize the sports court similar to the below pic.

Related image 

Unfortunately looking at the most current cruise compass for the Adventure of the Seas I could find from January 27th this year I did not see any mention of it. Only Volleyball, Basketball and Dodge ball.

Adventure of the Seas January 27, 2019 Cruise Compass

Edited by SciFiGuy1960

12 hours ago, cruisin0504 said:

As far as I know Adventure of the Seas does not have Pickelball yet.  However, on my recent cruise two weeks ago on the Rhapsody, the cruise director contacted the sports activity person on the Adventure for me to ask about Pickelball as my husband and I are doing a b2b beginning April 27 for 20 days.  Anyway, he said that he should have Pickelball soon.  He knows there is interest. Just needs to get the paddles, net and give us court time on sea days.

Hi. I'm 65 and i play pickleball at least 4X a week. I encourage those that play and want to see it available in cruise ships to convey their interest at every opportunity to the cruise line or travel agency when booking. This will let them know there is a demand for pickleball out there.

Thanks everyone who posted!  I mentioned this to my friend who is doing his first cruise ever, on Mariner, at the end of the month.  He is super excited to know that there may be pickle ball, and he is bringing his ball and paddle.  If you end up playing with a millennial on Mariner later this month, and his name is Travis, tell him “carpool Lisa” says hi 🙂

24 minutes ago, grinningimm said:

Does anyone know if Rhapsody has pickleball?  I have emailed Customer Service at RCI, and got a confirmation reply, but no actual answer, and it has been a week.

No basketball court on Rhapsody, so I cannot think of a space onboard where there would be enough room.

2 hours ago, grinningimm said:

Does anyone know if Rhapsody has pickleball?  I have emailed Customer Service at RCI, and got a confirmation reply, but no actual answer, and it has been a week.

I was on the Rhapsody 2 weeks ago.  They do not have Pickleball. They were playing badminton in the Centrim.  Can’t imagine playing Pickleball in there.

Royal Caribbean has an official site on that large social media site that may not be named here in Cruise Critic. I have found the customer service reps there to be very responsive to messages sent there. Much more responsive than to phone calls or emails!

If you want to find out if a specific ship has  Pickleball you should ask there.  Also, it is a great place to lobby for Pickleball to be added to any ships that don’t have it yet.

• 1 month later...

Currently on board Ovation in Alaska.  The good news is they have two Pickleball nets  available for use indoors in the Seaplex. The bad news is they only play on port days!  With the great ports in Alaska that made it difficult to exploit.

if you sail on Ovation in Alaska, please lobby for Pickleball on sea days!

B35195C6-D115-4772-AFDF-82292D76CC63.jpeg

81F4CE7D-4B33-4FB2-BB5E-A6FF72E406E8.jpeg

2 minutes ago, eel said:

if you sail on Ovation in Alaska, please lobby for Pickleball on sea days!

and use both sides of the Seaplex to set up two courts.

Oasis squeezed in three courts on their basketball court.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SandraLee said:

Anyone know if it is on the Freedom? 

I was on board in October 2017 and there was no Pickleball.  However, they may have added it since then.  Best bet is to ask on the Royal Caribbean Facebook page.  They are very good about finding things out and getting back to you.

We have just started playing Pickleball, and love it. We are not competitive but just like the exercise and having fun with the group we play with. I think I will pack our paddles for our March Adventure the Seas cruise, just in case it is offered. 

• Like 1