Photo Package

miss

$199 (the pre-cruise price) is actually a great deal considering the cost of individual photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a terrible deal considering they are digital. The individual prices are over the top priced so that doesn't justify the deal. Bring your own camera.

We had the photo package on our Alaskan cruise last week on the Emerald Princess. They also give you the hard copies of the pictures, in addition to the photos on the USB. We had 70 pictures taken. I bought the package pre-cruise for $199. It is $249 if you purchase it on board. I am pleased with it.

It's a terrible deal considering they are digital. The individual prices are over the top priced so that doesn't justify the deal. Bring your own camera.

Don’t know what ship you were on...we got them all printed as well as digital. All were high quality. The individual prices are high...hence the package price justifies the deal if you like getting a lot of photos. It’s a different marketplace on a ship so you have to live with the pricing structure and work within it.

I have a question for those of you that have gotten the photo package.....if I buy the package, do I have to be in every picture in order to get it? What if the photographers take pictures of my kids and I am not in the picture...do I still get them as part of the package. Or, do I have to be in every picture if I buy the package? Thanks for any info. Karen

I have a question for those of you that have gotten the photo package.....if I buy the package, do I have to be in every picture in order to get it? What if the photographers take pictures of my kids and I am not in the picture...do I still get them as part of the package. Or, do I have to be in every picture if I buy the package? Thanks for any info. Karen

Anyone who is in your cabin can be in the picture. If you are sharing a cabin with your children, they can be in pictures by themselves. If they are in a different cabin, someone from the cabin that purchased the package must be in the photo.

We were a family of six with three cabins (the four "kids" were all adults). My husband and I were the only ones to initially get the package. We had a lot of fun taking pictures (a 15 day Panama Canal holiday cruise), and toward the end of the cruise another cabin decided to buy the package. The third cabin purchased the one photo of the two of them that they wanted. Another time we were four people traveling in two cabins, and we were the only ones to purchase the package.

As to a previous poster who said the package wasn't worth it, I think the value of the photo package is an individual decision. I do it for the digital pictures for my photo journal. I like the combination of snapshots and professional photos. I've paid $99 when they first offered it for at least 3 cruises, and $200 on three other cruises. To me the package is worth it. I view getting our pictures taken as entertainment. As the photographers get to know us, they try more creative poses and more candid type photos. It's a lot of fun having the package (I know, we could get our pictures taken and not buy anything), and my photo journals are great because of the package. But then, that's my opinion...

Thank you for your quick reply. That is what I was afraid of. Family cruise using 3 cabins....I do not want my husband or I to have to be in every pic. Thanks.

If you have one of your children assigned to your room, you could have children only photos. They don’t have to sleep in the cabin, they can sleep where ever you had planned, but it will give the option for the photos.

When we travel with our kids, who are adults now, we have room booked as son and husband, and mother and daughter. That way we get loyalty perks in both cabins, but it would work for the photo package and we would have just about every combination covered! I haven’t tried it yet but maybe the next cruise we all take at the end of 2019.

We had the photo package twice for $99. When I saw the price (Feb 2017), I immediately bought it for the cruise we had booked for May 2017 and also for the one we had booked for May 2018. I've followed pricing ever since then and have never seen the special offered again. It was totally worth the price. We are planning a family cruise for May 2020 and we will definitely buy the photo package. If you are with a group, it's totally worth $199. We are going on a 5 day cruise this Nov (with my brother) but I doubt I'll buy the package since we have so many photos now but I could change my mind.

We got the package for $99 for our March 2017 Regal cruise. My DH and I were in one cabin and my 12 yr old DS was in another cabin with our good friend. So I purchased the package under my DS name/cabin because I wanted pictures of just him and then some of the 3 of us as a family. Of course they insisted on taking pictures of just DH and I, which wouldn't be included in the package, so my son started "photo bombing" us so that they would be included in our package. By the end of the cruise the photographers knew DS by name, we brought home over 100 pictures and we ended up having tons of fun taking pictures.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We were a family of six with three cabins (the four "kids" were all adults). My husband and I were the only ones to initially get the package. We had a lot of fun taking pictures (a 15 day Panama Canal holiday cruise), and toward the end of the cruise another cabin decided to buy the package. The third cabin purchased the one photo of the two of them that they wanted. Another time we were four people traveling in two cabins, and we were the only ones to purchase the package.

As to a previous poster who said the package wasn't worth it, I think the value of the photo package is an individual decision. I do it for the digital pictures for my photo journal. I like the combination of snapshots and professional photos. I've paid $99 when they first offered it for at least 3 cruises, and $200 on three other cruises. To me the package is worth it. I view getting our pictures taken as entertainment. As the photographers get to know us, they try more creative poses and more candid type photos. It's a lot of fun having the package (I know, we could get our pictures taken and not buy anything), and my photo journals are great because of the package. But then, that's my opinion...

Totally agree here. We had a blast with the Emerald photographers in Alaska last year. We walked away with a lot of very very good photos that would have cost us far more to have done in a studio.

Agree entirely. Just DW and me on most cruises now and we have a ton of fun with the photographers. We’ve had the $99 deal several times, the $199 current pre-purchase deal several times and even a hybrid $149 deal one time when Princess was searching for the sweet spot for pricing the package. It’s even more fun when they remember you from previous cruises. It’s a cruise...do what you enjoy, and that’s one of the things that make us happy. Plus, it’s great to make DDs look at all the pics when we return home to rub it in that they had to work!!

Safe Journeys, Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is incorrect. You get the printed copies as well as the digital files.

You are entitled to your opinion, but please avoid posting mis-information. One DOES indeed get a hard copy of every picture along with the digital format. And one can make all the prints they desire to from those digital files.

We were lucky to spot that $99 offer and jumped on it. I bet I'd buy it every time at that price. For the $199, I'm doubting that I'd spend the other $100. Wife is not a fan of pictures in general, but even she admits that the $99 was a bargain and hard to resist. I tend to be a bit more social and I find most of the ship's photographers tend to have interesting engaging personalities. So that's a bit of a plus if one is getting those unlimited pics. It's not just those "look here and smile" shots at the dinner table.

On almost all of our past cruises, we've had photos taken; they were taken by a company hired by the cruise line. On Princess, are the photographers Princess staff, or staff from an outside company? Thanks.

Don't forget to turn in drawing tickets you get when they take pictures and be present for the drawing. They will give out several prizes, including a free photo package and a Platinum Studio package.

If it were $99 again, I would not hesitate. It sounds like from some of your posts that the photographers roam around the ship. Most of the cruises I have done the pictures seem to be limited to dining room pics and when you get off at a port...and the posing ones one your way to dinner.

If it were $99 again, I would not hesitate. It sounds like from some of your posts that the photographers roam around the ship. Most of the cruises I have done the pictures seem to be limited to dining room pics and when you get off at a port...and the posing ones one your way to dinner.

I’ve been on Alaska cruises where they are definitely roaming. We had ‘pirates’ harass us in the piazza once and other people has pictures taken on deck while we were in Glacier Bay.

We were on a round trip Alaskan cruise that left from LA the end of April. The photographers were on deck and taking “candid” shots when we left LA, and when approaching or leaving port. They were also out when we were at Glacier Bay. These photos were included in the package, as were the usual ones during dinner, at stations after dinner, and when getting off the ship at port. The package included photos taken in Skagway with the puppies, too.

We had a similar experience with a Panama Canal cruise. There were photographers on deck and at some of the ports in areas where passengers go! For a Mexican Riviera cruise, the photographers weren’t out and about as much, but we still enjoyed having the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On almost all of our past cruises, we've had photos taken; they were taken by a company hired by the cruise line. On Princess, are the photographers Princess staff, or staff from an outside company? Thanks.

Severa years ago while taking the Ultimate Ship Tour we were told that the photo staff contract directly to Princess, the same, for example, as the Cruise Director and his/her staff.

However I do not know if this has changed since then.