NCL Panama canal cruisers ...

v3cruiser

Anyone stop in Nicaragua lately? It looks like it's going down hill and no excursions listed. Hopefully Ncl will substitute another port if it has to. Has Ncl been pretty reasonable about cancelled port stops? Do they usually turn the canceled port into a sea day?

I don't have experience with Nicaragua but the Bliss Panama, Puerto Chiapas became a sea day & Manzanillo changed to Mazatlan

Just curious -- did they announce the port changes before or after you were onboard? My travel insurance has a monetary benefit (I don't recall how much, but not a lot) if a port is changed prior to boarding. We are scheduled for Nicaragua in December.

Just curious -- did they announce the port changes before or after you were onboard? My travel insurance has a monetary benefit (I don't recall how much, but not a lot) if a port is changed prior to boarding. We are scheduled for Nicaragua in December.

It was announced a few weeks prior, but not everyone knew. If you booked directly with NCL, you got an email. There were many unhappy people who did not realize it changed until they were on board. We received about $24 a person credit for the port fees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have experience with Nicaragua but the Bliss Panama, Puerto Chiapas became a sea day & Manzanillo changed to Mazatlan
I'm on the 15 day next March. Did they say why there was a change to itinerary? Our hasn't seemed to change as of now but was wondering if the change you experienced is the standard going forward or was this itinerary change a one time thing? Have you heard?

I'm on the 15 day next March. Did they say why there was a change to itinerary? Our hasn't seemed to change as of now but was wondering if the change you experienced is the standard going forward or was this itinerary change a one time thing? Have you heard?

Puerto Chiapas looks like a permanent change, not on your itinerary, the Captain said the Port didn’t realize the size of the ship, until it started sailing?!?! Manzanillo change was needed because of Puerto Chiapas, I think

• 2 months later...
We are on the Oct 21st cruise too and booked an excursion from the ship. May have to reconsider.

The good news......if it is an NCL sponsored cruise, and they go with it, it should be fine. The cruise ship lines are very conscious of insuring tours are safe. Any hint of an issue, it will be cancelled, and the port as a port stop would be cancelled. I would be more hesitant with a private tour company though. Also, most of the gang mess is off away from the tourist areas. And...here are some Chicago USA statistics for this month and year. For August so far, shot and killed 45, shot 303. Year to date, shot and killed 323, shot 2015. If that was a port stop statistic, no body would be stopping there.

I am booked on the Bliss starting March 30, 2018. We have already been notified that our Manzanillo stop is now a sea day and is replaced with a stop in Mazatlan. Our Puerto Vallarta has been changed to Cabo San Lucas. Since all these ports are new to me, I have no idea if these changes are good or bad!:)

I am booked on the Bliss starting March 30, 2018. We have already been notified that our Manzanillo stop is now a sea day and is replaced with a stop in Mazatlan. Our Puerto Vallarta has been changed to Cabo San Lucas. Since all these ports are new to me, I have no idea if these changes are good or bad!:)

I prefer your two new stops.

We are very happy about our upcoming port change in November on our Panama Canal Cruise.....We always buy Nationwide Choice Cruise Insurance and it has the extra cruise add on benefits if a ports changed or canceled Pre Cruise you get paid $750 per person 😜💰....This Cruise I even upped the plan to the Luxury plan at only $32 more total but now we’ll be getting paid $1,250 Each once home

This will be the 3rd Cruise out of our last 4 that we’ve gotten paid 🤣🤣. Heck Now I pray for port changers Pre Cruise 🤣