Norwegian Escape Main Pool... kids???

Mhl76

There is a so-called adults pool and there is a family pool. Both pools are about the same size. Both pools around the pool deck on either side of the bar. The family pool is probably a better place for your kids. The family pool is next to the splash zone for small kids.

Family pool pic on this posting. All things Escape on the main thread. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55863901&postcount=146

Edited by BirdTravels

In other words NC! Does have adult pools and adult only hot tubs but they do not enforce the rules. Have been on a few cruises where we never were able to get into a pool or hot tub due to the high number of kids in there. We now choose long cruises during the school year to avoid any kids. The kids are not a problem but the parents that let them rule the ship are.

In other words NC! Does have adult pools and adult only hot tubs but they do not enforce the rules. Have been on a few cruises where we never were able to get into a pool or hot tub due to the high number of kids in there. We now choose long cruises during the school year to avoid any kids. The kids are not a problem but the parents that let them rule the ship are.

Good recommendation.

Here we go again - its the parents - no its not always and my experience is that the kids are on holiday and when the parents are not around they misbehave. Kids will be kids and you get more on school holidays but they are on most cruises whatever tine of year. NCL rarely in our experience enforce the adult only policy as it would require each and every hot tub to be monitored and frankly who cares.

Here we go again - its the parents - no its not always and my experience is that the kids are on holiday and when the parents are not around they misbehave. Kids will be kids and you get more on school holidays but they are on most cruises whatever tine of year. NCL rarely in our experience enforce the adult only policy as it would require each and every hot tub to be monitored and frankly who cares.

Who cares? Seems like a lot of adults who actually pay for the cruises....

I've sailed the Escape with my kids. The Escape is designed for kids and families, there is no denying that. If you expect no kids to be in the pools and hot tubs, that won't happen and it doesn't even mean the kids are misbehaving. Those expectations belong on Holland, Princess, or Celebrity.

I don't really mind the kids in pool or hot tub. What I do mind and it's happened to us, the jumping in and splashing people in the face. My husband got his sun glasses knocked off his face as we were sitting on the side in the pool. Not ok. the kid must have jumped 20 times and not a parent in sight.

Sounds like it is still the parents creating the problem by allowing their children to be at the pool unsupervised when they are clearly not able to handle that responsibility. (Yes I cruise with my kids, but I also supervise and discipline them when needed.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which means it is the parents. Being on a cruise does not mean you stop being a parent.