Royal princess Horizon Court question

ljkuny

Hi, just wondering if anyone has been on the Royal Princess recently? I had sailed on her about 5 years ago and have sailed on its sister shipm the Regal princess numerous times. The Regal does “theme nights” at the horizon court buffet. One night may be American, another German, they even have a Mongolie grill night where you pick your condiments and then they cook it all up for you with your choices of main meats etc? Just wondering if the same type of service is on the Royal Princess in the horizon court buffet? Sailing on the Royal this January and really liked the way things are done on the Regal.

Yes they do these in the Horizon Court on the Royal. They have seafood nights, Mexican nights, Mongolian nights among others. The only notification I saw was via the daily patter.

Thank you! I know the last sailing we did on the Regal they were not putting it in the patter? That seems to be hit & miss but glad to hear the Royal does have these themes. Thanks for the replies!

The back page of Patters lists the opening hours of all the dining and bar venues each day. Under Horizon Court there is a notation that the back buffet area has a theme: German, Mexican, Tex-Mex, Asian, Italian, French, Indian, British, seafood, etc. This was on the Royal last month.

Darcy

The back page of Patters lists the opening hours of all the dining and bar venues each day. Under Horizon Court there is a notation that the back buffet area has a theme: German, Mexican, Tex-Mex, Asian, Italian, French, Indian, British, seafood, etc. This was on the Royal last month.

Darcy

Thanks, good to know!

Odd that the Regal doesn't post the dinner theme for Horizon in the Patter as every other ship does.

Yes, that is odd. what is even odder, I think, is that Royal (maybe others) can't seem to figure out how to put the nightly menu on their Princess@Sea intranet. When we were on Royal in April, at the M&G with some of the staff, this question was asked/suggested. They agreed it was a good idea and had "sent it to Corporate to see if it could be done". Sheesh--you'd think something so simple and obvious could be easily done. Of course, this might involve IT, so maybe not so easy:D

On a somewhat related note, we went to the fitness center the first day to check out what equipment was available. No back extension machine (go figure). We said, no problem, we can use <some other equipment I don't remember!>. Nope, we don't have that either. No problem, we can use a swiss ball (those big inflatable balls). Nope, unfortunately, we don't have those either. We placed an order but Corporate hasn't approved it yet, so we are waiting.

Hmm, I wonder about "Corporate" ;)

Odd that the Regal doesn't post the dinner theme for Horizon in the Patter as every other ship does.

Not so odd. We were on the Golden and I was hoping they would list the theme nights in the Patter. I have my favorite nights but sad to say they didn't either. Maybe it's just hit and miss with the ship.

Thanks everyone appreciate the replies! I’ve been on the Regal where it has been in the patter and then I’ve been on where it has not! So yes I guess it is hit and miss! When I first sailed on the Royal when she was still new they didn’t have it all so glad to hear that now they do! Happy Sailing Everyone!!!