Live from Silver Muse: Voyage #6815; Athens to Rome, Jun 15 – 24, 2018

Stumblefoot

Brian, thanks for a wonderful Muse summary report. Happy to hear Taylor, Amy and you are happy cruisers. And thanks for the extra context with the Children on board, nice to see Silversea provide a dedication person to help the children have fun.

If you have a chance, please give our warm regards along to Marco and Paolo--our fav Captain and HD on Silversea.

Thank you for your thoughtful well balanced posts. I am very concerned about the RCCL takeover, and I guess I need to hear that the Silversea we know and love, is, for now at least, sailing on. Your photos and detailed descriptions have been terrific.

After feeling sorry for myself and for my SS fellow passengers/friends, my biggest concern is for the crew. On the surface, I think it is appropriate for Manfredi and his “team” to reassure the loyal, outstanding crew. But, he will soon be 67% irrelevant. This has to be an anxious time all around.

Loving your reports! Not too long, right to the point. So very glad you're enjoying your cruise. Even tho we'll be on the Spirit (not the Muse) in Sept, your critiques make me feel better......was getting kind of down in the mouth about the Spirit a few weeks ago.

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MED

Arrive Malta Wed., Jun 20 @ 7:30p

To: Mr. Silver - I will let you know what I find out.

To: Emtbsam - Close! I'm actually a management consultant, so the optimist in me tends to frame life as positively as possible. :)

To: Wes - I have definitely passed along your well wishes to Paulo and will do the same to the captain should we meet.

To: CruisinPashmina - Glad to be of help. I believe the on board meeting with the RCL CEO and top 3 executives of SS went a long way to assuring the excellent of their future with the company.

To: Mudhen - Nice to hear, thank you. I would think SS will iron out any lingering issues on the Spirit before your voyage, much like they did with the Muse in the beginning. Hopefully, all of the operational issues have been rectified already. I know we wouldn't hesitate to book another voyage of the Spirit.

enhance

Deck 6, Classic Veranda, Sitting Room

I think most here have probably seen pics, or sailed on, the Muse, but I thought today I would share of few pics of our suite.

enhance

Deck 6, Classic Veranda, Large Drawers in Sitting Room

Above the drawers you can also see the various electrical outlets on the counter top which include two USB ports too.

enhance

Deck 6, Classic Veranda, Deck

As you might be able to see, the deck is ever so slightly wider than the other ships and a bit deeper as well providing ample space for two to move around easily.

enhance

Deck 6, Classic Veranda, Closet

The closet is of good size and when you remove the robes, even more space becomes available. My tuxedo, suit, and 3 sport jackets all fit in the space occupied by the robes.

Other Notes:

Bingo & Trivia

Yesterday we played Bingo with Luke, along with taking our first crack at Trivia with the always funny Jimmy. We adore them both. Thankfully, Jimmy included some kid friendly questions which helped me immensely as I could actually participate myself. :) Trivia is such serious business for some folks, I'm not so sure they enjoy those of us with children encroaching on their turf, but it was nice to see Jimmy create a relaxed atmosphere that was inviting to all.

All for now...

I'm off to Terrazza for some breakfast and the always excellent service we receive from MC Jordan on board, regardless of which venue he finds us in. A true professional he is.

Since it was a sea day yesterday, nearly twice as many pax as usual turned up for trivia, including a lot of children, and it was kinda noisy and headache provoking. BUT it wasn't the kids causing the problem, it was a whole lot of adults (exceedingly drunk after a lengthy lunchtime wine tasting) setting the kids a bad example.

Spins, you'll be glad to hear we didn't let our standards slip, but maintaining concentration was tough!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Spins, you'll be glad to hear we didn't let our standards slip, but maintaining concentration was tough!
Spins, I think Jolly’s standards are exceedingly exceptional as I believe her team finished in first place with 48 out of 50 points. Amazing! We took third from the bottom with my pride filled 37 points. Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW, nice trivia playing Jolly.

Sorry to learn of the bad example(s). The over loading of the ETOH seems to be a recurring problem of late.

Stumble, no worries, trivia is all in fun.

(she said with a smile)

Haha! Well played Spins.

I’m so dense, I don’t even have the slightest idea what the acronym ETOH means and certainly doubt you are referring to Ethyl Alcohol. Thankfully, Google is a friend of mine.

I played rugby for many years, I've played Judo competitively and am a Karate sensei but I avoid trivia because it's too vicious!
I stay away from the trivia. I go on cruises to have fun, and it seems a tad too competitive for me.
You two would have loved yesterday. 1) What breed of dog was Scooby Doo? 2) What did the wicked witch give Snow White that put her asleep until the prince kissed her?

Great fun!

Ah, hubris. As so often happens after a good score, we crashed in ignominy today ... Saturn's largest moon, anyone? Worldwide, junk food, um, fast food chain with most outlets?

However, a very pleasant lunch with the Stumbles was a consolation.

Titan. Only moon with a significant atmosphere. In fact, early earth-based measurements at one time pegged it as the biggest moon in the entire solar system, as the atmospheric thickness added to its apparent size.

Once more accurate measurements were possible, the actual diameter was found to be slightly smaller than that of Ganymede (Jupiter's largest moon).

Don't want to know more about McDonald's.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Brian - you need a couple of Aussies on your trivia team !!! The wonderful duct tape got us hooked on Trivia on our first Cloud cruise. So glad you are having a great time. Ann
No kidding! A couple of Aussies would be great.

Speaking of Duct Tape, we talked with Jimmy about her and she is sorely missed at SS. Thankfully, her husband continues to sail and is on the Whisper at the moment from what I understand.

Agree that closing Kaiseki for lunch and opening La Dame at $60/head stinks. If you have a chance to speak to Paolo can you please ask what the justification is and whether this is a permanent change.

Mr. Silver,

Although I have not asked Paulo, during yesterday’s Sea day, Kaiseki was open for lunch and La Dame was closed. Nothing was mentioned in the Chronicles about the change from the previous day.

Mr. Silver,

Although I have not asked Paulo, during yesterday’s Sea day, Kaiseki was open for lunch and La Dame was closed. Nothing was mentioned in the Chronicles about the change from the previous day.

Thanks for the update Stumblefoot, that’s much better news. It’s my favourite for lunch.

DT’s husband was with us on the Muse last September, good to hear he is still sailing.