What's the best thing you've eaten on an NCL cruise?

jeepers13

55 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I don't discriminate, but my go-to for special occasion celebrations is Macallen 18. 

Nice!  Maybe some day when I'm rich or really, really drunk!  🤣

I have consumed a few bottles of Glenfiddich single malt.  Good stuff!

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Many a times I've been on an NCL sailing and the whiskey bar has offered flights of Macallen tastings for just $25. Keep an eye out for it on your next upcoming cruise and splurge. If we end up on the same sailing together one day I'll treat you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CaptainMcSorley said:

"back in the day" on a Carnival cruise I had all-you- can-eat lobster tails in the MDR! (Woops, off topic again as the thread is about NCL. Apologies again. At least I was closer this time).

I had the same on a Royal cruise.  They kept coming around offering more, with them stacked on the platter!

The breakfasts up in Margaritaville on the Norwegian Escape.  Best kept secret on board.  Still free, like the buffet, but so nice and quiet.   Made to order eggs, omelettes, etc.  But my absolute favorite was the brioche french toast they had going on the grill.   So custardy and buttery .. it was amazing and i think I had it every day!

Edited by F27TW
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, hallux said:

You are aware that the venue is changing, right?  The contract with Jimmy Buffet is over.

No .. didn't realize.       It was a great spot for breakfast... but it was done outside the normal operating hours for Margaritaville anyway so i think they just used the area as an extension of the buffet downstairs .. so maybe it will continue with whatever else they put up there.

I hope so .. it was terrific.   Margaritaville itself (as a chain and as an actl lunch/dinner place ) i think sucks .. so no loss there.   Buh-bye Jimmy. 

Edited by F27TW

1 hour ago, F27TW said:

so maybe it will continue with whatever else they put up there.

I believe it's now American Diner.  I know that's what replaced it on the Bliss, and I see that venue listed for the Escape with no Margaritaville.

I'm not sure if there's a breakfast menu for the American Diner venue..

Edited by hallux

2 hours ago, F27TW said:

No .. didn't realize.       It was a great spot for breakfast... but it was done outside the normal operating hours for Margaritaville anyway so i think they just used the area as an extension of the buffet downstairs .. so maybe it will continue with whatever else they put up there.

I hope so .. it was terrific.   Margaritaville itself (as a chain and as an actl lunch/dinner place ) i think sucks .. so no loss there.   Buh-bye Jimmy. 

I know I've read that on the Joy they've had this same breakfast at the American Diner every morning too. I was on Encore last January with the American Diner and I actually didn't look to see if it was there in the morning like the Escape.

I loved it too!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Jefferson's Ocean bourbon. The only bourbon that has more sea time than any of us!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 9:30 PM, ClevelandCruisin said:

I always get the filet at cagneys! Ocean Blue is okay. Worth it to try once. 

Agreed. Ocean Blue is okay. Worth it to try once.

Best seafood -- Haven Restaurant.

Sea Bass and Tuna Poke

Sea bass.JPG

Tuna poke.jpg

On 6/24/2018 at 2:30 PM, FLcruisergrl said:

My perfect meal would be the French onion soup from Le Bistro, the filet from Cagney’s with bearnaise, and the chocolate Napoleon from Le Bistro. Washed down with the Wasabi cocktail from the sushi place (which would not pair well AT ALL, but it’s soooo good!)

Without a doubt in my mind.....Le Bistro's Chocolate Napolean is the best desert I have ever eaten.

On 6/9/2021 at 2:07 PM, Weluv2cruise2gether said:

Same here!! The Oreo cheseecake was to die for! Why do they always seem to take away everything that we find delicious! LOL! We also loved the chicken parm that was in La Cucina which is also no longer on the menu!

We do love the filet at Cagney's and the cheese biscuits in Moderna. We also love the food at the pool side BBQ on the GEM. 

Speaking of Moderno.......the bacon wrapped chicken is a favorite offering. I pass on pretty much everything else there with the exception of the Filet Mignon.

On 6/21/2021 at 9:30 PM, ClevelandCruisin said:

.......Ocean Blue is okay. Worth it to try once. 

We tried Geoffrey Zakarian's Ocean Blue several years ago. His food is delicious but the one and only memorable dish I still remember to this day was the pumpkin (squash) soup. The presentation was really nice. I remember some sort of ginger bread pieces among other "goodies" on the bottom of the soup turine. Then the waiter added the soup on top of the "goodies" from a small serving pitcher. The experience was glorious, not to mention the soup that was out of this world. Does anyone remember that soup and the wonderful presentation?

Also........Ocean Blue's outdoor window which served a lobster roll that was out of this stratosphere!. The roll was toasted and the taste of the roll alone was buttery and scrumptious. Add the Lobster dressed with a Zakarian dressing and that was a taste sensation I will never forget.  Geoffrey Zakarian's food is over the top and worth every penny he charges.

Edited by coffeebean

On 6/24/2021 at 9:42 AM, F27TW said:

The breakfasts up in Margaritaville on the Norwegian Escape.  Best kept secret on board.  Still free, like the buffet, but so nice and quiet.   Made to order eggs, omelettes, etc.  But my absolute favorite was the brioche french toast they had going on the grill.   So custardy and buttery .. it was amazing and i think I had it every day!

Speaking of French toast.....when we first started cruising, NCL Star was our very first cruise in 2003. The breakfast buffet had a whipped cream that was so delicious on french toast along with the cherries or strawberries. The cherries and strawberries were not fresh but the fruit in the very heavy glaze type syrup like the fruit used in fruit pies. That whipped cream sold hubby and I on cruising with NCL for many of our earlier cruises. Sadly, somewhere along the line, that whipped cream disappeared from their breakfast buffets. 😞

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1