adventure vs independence

Have our first 4 night Bahama cruise planned on Mariner and already planning another cruise :D:D:D. We are thinking a 5-6 night Caribbean cruise this time. Can't decide between independence or adventure of the seas. with both being recently refurbished which would you pick. for 500$ more we could opt for the allure of the seas too which is an option too but i know that ship would be much better than these two.

Have our first 4 night Bahama cruise planned on Mariner and already planning another cruise :D:D:D. We are thinking a 5-6 night Caribbean cruise this time. Can't decide between independence or adventure of the seas. with both being recently refurbished which would you pick. for 500$ more we could opt for the allure of the seas too which is an option too but i know that ship would be much better than these two.

Depends how you define better.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They aren't that much different Indy is just a little bigger. I would chose based on ports.

Allure is a LOT different. Many love the Oasis class and for 500 bucks it might not be a bad idea to try it. Personally we would chose Adventure or Indy, we weren't wowed by Allure.

Not sure about Adventure as it was 7 years since we were on her.

Just got off Independence on June 2nd and we had a great time.

There was no CL and not keen on DL although there was outside seating.

Fortunately Olive&Twist was used as a DL overflow.

All other aspects being equal, I'd pick Adventure because it is very similar to Indy now and 500 fewer guests.

I've been on both, but not since they were refurbished. Based on my experience, I'd also vote for Adventure. I felt as though the size increase of the Freedom class only added more passengers. The common areas felt the same size, but with more people in them.

Adventure has water slides. It's a good ship. Be aware if your kid's under 42 inches tall, he/she won't be allowed on the splash area purple water slide, and will only be allowed in the other splash area with yellow slide if wearing a swim diaper (regardless of whether your kid is potty trained, and the swim diapers they have don't fit bigger kids).

Allure has Central Park and Boardwalk neighborhoods; the former is serene to me, the latter has a fine outdoor feeling and diving shows. More specialty restaurants. A large public playroom for very young children (I'm guessing around 30 foot diameter, circular). It, too, is a good ship.

Oasis class don't tender, so some ports they don't do. I haven't done Independence of the Seas; I've done Liberty, before the addition of the water slides, and Freedom-class struck me as just Voyager upsized a bit. Oasis-class is indeed a much different experience.

Richard.

All other aspects being equal, I'd pick Adventure because it is very similar to Indy now and 500 fewer guests.

Recent reviews of Independence specifically mention over crowding as a problem and we haven't hit the main UK school holidays here yet.

Recent reviews of Independence specifically mention over crowding as a problem and we haven't hit the main UK school holidays here yet.

But the ship has still been sailing to FULL capacity[emoji21]

We board on Saturday so will find out first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

TBH Independence didn't seem overcrowded on our recent 5 day cruise from Southampton on

28-5-18 but there was 500 D,D+ and the Olive & Twist DL overflow was very welcome.

Hi,

I have cruised aboard both ships fairly recently (Adventure in February 2016 and Independence in August 2017), but prior to their recent refurbishments. Based on my experience, I would choose the Adventure. The ship felt much less crowded than the Independence.

Chuck

Hi,

I have cruised aboard both ships fairly recently (Adventure in February 2016 and Independence in August 2017), but prior to their recent refurbishments. Based on my experience, I would choose the Adventure. The ship felt much less crowded than the Independence.

Chuck

We are stuck with Independence in the UK but we enjoyed our cruise last month and go back on her in October.

Thank you for that explanation. Based on my school schedule looks like it might be adventure with maybe allure/oasis

Welcome to cruise critic. With your limited cruising so far, any of these choices will be new and fun to you, I assume. Have a great time.