Star Princess: Nice places on board to play cards?

bichonandon

This will be our first Princess cruise, and I decided to check out online pictures of the library. I couldn't see a nicely sized table in the library that would accommodate four people for a game of cards, so I was wondering if anyone might be able to recall a nice spot inside that we might be able to play some cards?

We like to play games like Pitch, not so much gamblers.

Thanks for any ideas!

No card room on the Star Princess. The Horizon Ct. is not a good place to play. Since the buffet is open all day from 6am until late evening, passengers are there all day to dine and require tables used by card players.

There usually is a notice in the Princess Patter stating location and times card players can get together. It is normally in the afternoon at a place like the Crown Grill. Other places passengers play cards are: outside of explorer's lounge by the windows, in the back of the Vista Lounge by the windows, other events may be going on during the day, in Skywalker's, at a table in the indoor Calypso Reef pool.

My cruise partner and I love to play cards. On our last cruise on the Star, we'd find a table near the 'windows' on the pool deck, and never had a problem with wind, or the cards blowing around. The Horizon Court is easily accessible from there, as are various bars from which we could get refills on soda, etc.

The so called library is a terrible choice to play cards ...

First of all, the library is mixed in with the internet cafe on the Star and even if it weren't, it's not a good choice to play cards, unless it is solitaire.

The Horizon is for people that would like to sit down and eat their meals from the buffet, so don't think that is an appropriate place either.

We've found that the Wheelhouse Bar, or the tables just outside is a good place for card / dice games. Now that the afternoon happy hour has been discontinued, you certainly wouldn't be taking up a prime spot while sitting for a couple of hours during your game.

Skywalkers might also be a nice option during the day time hours when nothing else is scheduled there.

This will be our first Princess cruise, and I decided to check out online pictures of the library. I couldn't see a nicely sized table in the library that would accommodate four people for a game of cards, so I was wondering if anyone might be able to recall a nice spot inside that we might be able to play some cards?

We like to play games like Pitch, not so much gamblers.

Thanks for any ideas!

I always see couples playing cards on the Promenade deck where the nice chairs and tables are located. There's a bar located near by and a waiter usually comes around for drink orders.

We did 28 days on Emerald Princess last year and they were happy to let us play all sorts of games during the day in the dining room right off of the piazza. You might check that out. It's not like they are using the dining room for anything (aside from the days they have the $10 sale and such in there).