Does anybody do the same cruise mutiple times ???

We have lost track of the number of Alaska cruises we have taken. This is what we love. Beautiful scenery, a get away in cooler weather, we live in a hot climate, and a no brainer relaxed vacation.

so no Hawaii - or TA's for you, huh? - us either...:cool:...just too many at sea days for us -at least for now...;)

...10 years ago...I could not see why people liked sea days.....as I get older, I do " sort of" get it...

Living in Southern California....why would I spend 4-5 days at sea when it could be rough seas. The only way to go to Hawaii to me is fly and you are correct about TAs....not going to happened at least not yet.....as the saying goes never say never....

However, I would like to do a RT on Cunard from NYC..some day.....

I look at sea days taking away my land opportunities.....so would much rather fly and I still fly economy....:)but I am still a "little" or maybe a lot younger...... than the average long haul cruisers.

After going to Alaska three times North Bound we decided to make a huge change. We just came back from a South Bound Cruise from Alaska. As soon as we got home we said to each other we have to go again.

In Skagway the Wife has a favorite jewelry shop that always wants to visit. While she was in there I was out on the sidewalk trying to sell an extra camera lens to make her payments. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Another nice place to visit in Skagway, especially if you're tired of walking and ready to sit down and rest for a few minutes, is the Lemon Rose Cafe. Go down the main street (at least what I call the main street) to Fifth Street, turn left and go 2 blocks where you'll find the Lemon Rose on the right side of the street. Great cinammon rolls and my wife says that the coffee is very good also. (I'm not a coffee drinker so I bow to her superior knowledge in that field!)

Tom

Interesting article, so a lot of us are creatures of habit, as one has gotten older holidays have turned from sight seeing, to go some where for a week, get out and walk, and get to know the place, and of course relax.

Cheers Don

Some cruises are travelers and are more interested in seeing the world and other cultures then going to the same place over and over and over and eating at the same old buffet.

There are also those of us who are not limited to where we want to go in the world because we like to fly which many Princess cruisers on these boards indicate is one of the main reasons why they sail from the same port again and again because flying does not suit them well.

Or some of us are travelers who cruise things like the Caribbean over and over because we love it and we find it very relaxing. Many of us are interested in seeing the world and other cultures rather then going to the same place over and over and over again but do land vacations when we see the world!

No, I don't prefer to do the same itinerary over and over. I have done a couple repeats, but my goal is to see the world, experience other cultures and interact with locals. Occasionally I like to just go to a beach and relax but will likely do that more often as I get older. For now, I'll be doing a 6 month long world cruise then would like to circumnavigate South America.

We're in the "world is a big place and unless you're a Buddhist you've got one chance to see it" camp - so we're off on our first cruise down-under later this year as part of 3 weeks in NZ and are ticking our way through our bucket list (it's an impending mortality thing). That being said SWMBO loved her Alaskan cruise so much we're doing another one for her birthday... also it's only an hour or so drive to San Pedro and with nothing to generally do between Crimbo and New Year, we can generally be found sailing south of the border...

I have found reading peoples thoughts interesting, but I would say seeing a city or location from a cruise ship, is a bit like a sampler cruise, and a lot of places are best seen from a land based holiday.

And as others have said, to some cruising is about the journey more than the destination.

Cheers for now Don