Does anybody do the same cruise mutiple times ???

HI All,

Are we a bit strange ? as we have just booked on a particular cruise 13 nights that we have already done three time before.

We just enjoy being on a ship with lots of sea days, and the total relaxation.

Our friends think we are mad, we should go and try something new.

What are your thoughts

Cheers Don

You should do what YOU want to do! Who cares what other people think?! I've felt that way too about some itineraries but it's not about what other people think you should do but what suits you the most. You're the one paying, so you get to choose! :D

As I said before, great read and thanks for starting this thread. It is all about what you want to do, what works for your vacation! Even though I don't go to the Caribbean anymore, there were places I did visit more than once. Being older, retired, I can take cruises and go to places I want to see! I must mention I've been back to Barcelona, Quebec City, Gibraltar, several other places more than once! :)

I've checked in a number of passengers who are on their 10th Alaska cruise and one gentleman who was going on his 20th! Last year I had a lady going on her 4th Alaska cruise out of Seattle that year! If you enjoy a given cruise and you live in or near a cruise port that handles that destination, why not? It's your vacation. What is the difference between going to the same place multiple times if you enjoy it.? I've got a friend who has a time-share in Cabo San Lucas and goes there every year. Only difference between doing that and cruising to the same place is the method of travel.

Tom

I keep doing the same Caribbean cruises over and over again. Just deciding between and Western and an Eastern again on the Regal under the sip & sale. Same ship, same destination I guess since it’s easy living so close to the port.

Fairly early on in our cruise history we discovered that taking the same cruise, ship and ports more than once results in a different experience each time. Why? Because we are different, our lives leading up to the cruise are different, our relationship is ever changing.

We've done the Western Caribbean and Eastern Caribbean many times and still enjoy each cruise. We've seen the same shows with different casts and they are a different experience.

And that's part of why we keep coming back.

Because i was still working, locked in to limited vacation days, we have been cruising only out of Galveston; we can drive to that port. so have repeated. now i am retired, am hoping my hubby will agree to a longer, different itinerary. have to watch the budget also. he doesn't want to fly though.

If you live near and thus want to cruise out of Galveston, then almost every cruise you take will go to Cozumel.

At least if you live near Port Everglades there are three different itineraries (Eastern, Western and Southern) to pick from for some variety.

Anyone who can't understand people repeating a cruise are obviously not "cruisers". It took my wife about a bazillion years to get me on a ship as I absolutely "knew" I would hate everything about cruising. When I got off the ship after that first cruise I wanted to get right back on the ship. Cruising isn't for everybody but, for those who have been hooked, it really doesn't matter where you are cruising as long as you are cruising. If you loved it the first time you took a specific cruise you likely will love it the second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. We haven't actually repeated the "same" cruise (yet) as there are soooooooooooo many places to cruise and a number of variations on a cruise but will gladly do so.

We just love to cruise. Having started in our 30’s and now late 60’s, we have been there, done that. Now we find it relaxing to get on a ship, any ship (luckily from FL now) and just relax. We don’t have to worry about missed ports, though I do sympathize for those whose destination might be canceled for a reason , as we used to be crest fallen when they could not make a port. we now enjoy the loneliness of a ship while in port, and look towards longer cruises while we have our health. Booked for world cruise on 2020. Had to cancel 2018, hubby had health issues. The 2015

World cruise was all new to us. That’s what we do now.

Anyone who can't understand people repeating a cruise are obviously not "cruisers". It took my wife about a bazillion years to get me on a ship as I absolutely "knew" I would hate everything about cruising. When I got off the ship after that first cruise I wanted to get right back on the ship. Cruising isn't for everybody but, for those who have been hooked, it really doesn't matter where you are cruising as long as you are cruising. If you loved it the first time you took a specific cruise you likely will love it the second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. We haven't actually repeated the "same" cruise (yet) as there are soooooooooooo many places to cruise and a number of variations on a cruise but will gladly do so.

Some cruises are travelers and are more interested in seeing the world and other cultures then going to the same place over and over and over and eating at the same old buffet.

There are also those of us who are not limited to where we want to go in the world because we like to fly which many Princess cruisers on these boards indicate is one of the main reasons why they sail from the same port again and again because flying does not suit them well.

Edited by PrincessLuver

We have done the eastern/western caribbean runs so many times that we actually have regular haunts we frequent each time we go. For example in Cozume there is a restaurant that get a lot of local traffic that we eat at each time.

It is no different than people going Walt Disney World multiple times or going to the mountains each year.

However we also like to mix it up. Last year we did a Med cruise to ports we have never been to before. The year before we did B2B to the Eastern/Western.

To each their own.

We are within driving distance of SanFran, so that's our port of choice, never actually cruised from another port. We've done most cruises multiple times, because for me, it's not the ports that are the destination, it's the ship. Heck, hubby and I had just done a 7 southern coastal, when a last minute, CHEAP, same ininary, popped up 3 weeks later, so I went without him.

Our Sept 2018 is a northern coastal, first time offered and we got a heck of a deal on a WS. If we like it and if the price stays consistent, we'll do it again.

Who cares as long as I'm on the ship!

Except for Hawaii, I prefer to visit new places and different itineraries. i could repeat Hawaii over Caribbean probably because I can drive to the port in San Pedro vs spending up to $550 to fly to FL from So Calif. :) I am now cruising solo with the passing of my DH but the daughter will join me when she can. As long as I am able to travel I wish to see more places in Europe and would love to do a med cruise. We have a round trip Hawaii next march then our first Allure the following year which is more for the ship then the ports so will see where I go after that.

We've done the 7-night Regal New England/Canada round trip Brooklyn twice and would happily do it again.

We love the ship, she sails a convenient 25-minute car ride from our apartment in the New York, the ports are terrific and we are big fans of Club Class too.

When you live close to cruise port it's a very easy sell to book a repeat itinerary because flying is a drag and often the prices are sky high particularly over the holidays.

Jonathan

Absolutely...this year will mark the 5th year in a row that we have done the same repo from NY to Caribbean to FL..Love all the sea days, and the chance to relax on the Caribbean beaches. Also have made a number of friends who also do the same cruise every year and we look forward to seeing each other once a year...its like a reunion of sorts

My daughter and I are repeating a cruise on the same ship this year around the British isles (and we are from the UK!) But hubby will be with us this time, he couldn't get time off when we did it originally and I really want him to try the ship so as the British Isles itinery was the only one for the Royal that was a fit for his dates off we go again. At least for hubby it will be all new, as for me, I'm just excited to be back on the Royal. :)

After going to Alaska three times North Bound we decided to make a huge change. We just came back from a South Bound Cruise from Alaska. As soon as we got home we said to each other we have to go again.

In Skagway the Wife has a favorite jewelry shop that always wants to visit. While she was in there I was out on the sidewalk trying to sell an extra camera lens to make her payments. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

People would not have a ZILLION cruise days if they didn't.......;)

What used to be most important to me.....ease, itinerary, few sea days, cruise line, cabin & fare.

About 3 years ago I had pretty much cruised every 3-10 day itinerary Princess had/has ...so now......no more than 3 sea days in a row(it used to be 2), bargains and promos.....EZ got me to book 3 international cruises last year, just because it is so easy....

Most people on CC....just want to be on the ship and sea days(true cruisers), love TAs.....and fare, fare fare..and perk OBC...

Edited by land lover

People would not have a ZILLION cruise days if they didn't.......;)

What used to be most important to me.....ease, itinerary, few sea days, cruise line, cabin & fare.

Now that I have pretty much cruised every 3-10 day itinerary Princess has ....no more than 3 sea days in a row(it used to be 2), bargains and promos.....EZ got me to book 3 international cruises last year, just because it is so easy....

Most people on CC....just want to be on the ship and sea days(true cruisers).....and fare, fare fare....

so no Hawaii - or TA's for you, huh? - us either...:cool:...just too many at sea days for us -at least for now...;)