Does anybody do the same cruise mutiple times ???

We lived just outside of Fort Lauderdale for over 40 years. So we have done many Caribbean cruises. Once you have done the eastern, western, southern routes, just doesn't leave much more to do so doing repeats is inevitable. Now that we have retired to CO, and have to pay for flights, don't do too many Caribbean anymore. Doing a quickie in July as a gift from my Mom who just recently passed.

Pooh

For us, we have done the Southern Caribbean multiple times. Every other year we travel with family members and for various reasons we are limited to home port, time of year and cruise company. So... this severely limits our choices. The "family" cruise is more about relaxing and having fun with the family and friends.

However in my opinion, the ports are getting "old" and I would like to see new things or places. It is a challenge to find different things to do.

That said, fortunately my wife and I have been able to go to new places on the "off" year. Places that would not be possible while traveling with family.

Thanks for your replies, we kind of think as the ship like a holiday home, but with a moving view, and having somebody doing everything for us.....

Cheers for now Don... its time for a G&T for dinner now.. and think about another cruise

All our NZ cruises have been on different ships, but I've cruises there 5 times so far, with two more booked. Now it's for the "ship resort", be in waited on and the entertainment. The other cruises each year are for the destinations, and there's been no repeat itineraries yet.

Nothing wrong with visiting favourite places again, whether the port or the ship. Look at the families who rent the same holiday house or caravan spot for one week every year during school holidays. Wonderful memories of growing up. Cruise ships are just replacing the annual holiday house.

Never apologize for rebooking a cruise that you enjoy. We have cruised to Alaska three times. Heading back that way again in Aug of 2019 on our favorite ship the Ruby Princess. We never seem to get our fill of the beauty of Alaska. It is still "the Last Frontier".

We have been to the Caribbean over 20 times on almost every Princesses ship. We live in Boston and go every year in January & February. Just to get away from the cold weather. I don’t care where the ship is going.

Tony

We've done Alaska a dozen times ... have another coming up this summer. It's my favorite and we dislike flying so try to catch one that goes out of or into San Francisco (or both).

I am getting ready for something with a little warmer weather and a newer ship, though, which is why I booked a Mexico sailing for next year, which I've also done at least as many times.

We have done Round British Isles 5 times, Baltic 3 times, Norwegian Fjords 3 times, Land of the Midnight Sun 2 times, we have done one TA got another booked this year and one for 2019. With regards to Mediterranean and Canary Islands too amnt too remember.

We live in South Florida (Boca Raton) and have done the Caribbean too many times to mention. (And, Alaska 4 times). My co-workers think I am crazy for always doing the Caribbean. It is just so darn easy to just go and sail away from here.

Being on the West Coast California we are "cruse deprived" out here. We've done the Mexican Riviera multiple times over the years, anytime we can cruise without involving an airport it's a good thing. Many variations of California coastals and we're doing another in February and one in April on the Royal.

Because i was still working, locked in to limited vacation days, we have been cruising only out of Galveston; we can drive to that port. so have repeated. now i am retired, am hoping my hubby will agree to a longer, different itinerary. have to watch the budget also. he doesn't want to fly though.

We have done several that were similar. Four in Alaska, two in the Panama Canal and a few in the Carib. In our case, we really enjoy Alaska & Panama Canal as more about the ports.

We seem to be gravitating towards Caribbean cruises in February, out of Ft. Lauderdale as can drive there in a day & save airfare. Plus, our anniversary is then and we want to go somewhere warm around that time, and cheaper than flying to an island & staying a week.

We would be happy doing a Panama Canal cruise in the first part of the year, then Alaska in the fall, as don't get tired of either place :D

We've taken several cruises that have gone to the same islands in the Caribbean, including 18 on Princess. When we were on the Regal earlier this year, we stayed on the ship in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. The ship was our big destination.

Now that we're retired, we're finally able to get some longer cruises booked. We did the British isles itinerary last year and are taking a trans-Atlantic this fall.

I say if you like it' date=' go for it. I have done the same Alaska cruises and Hawaii cruises, multiple times. Nice😊[/quote']

Us too! We go to new places but like to enjoy formerly enjoyed cruises with friends and relatives who have never been.

My friend and I were on the Regal Princess this year in early January. We enjoyed it so much that we have booked the exact same cruise for January 2019. We even have the same cabin. I have cruised to Alaska twice and would do that again in a heartbeat.

I have done the Mexican Riviera cruise MANY times. Back in the day, Princess had a 10 day round-trip Los Angeles to Acapulco, which I loved (on the original Fair Princess). For the past two decades or so, it has been the 7 day LA-Puerto Vallarta - Mazatlán - Cabo - LA.

I drive to the port -- no hassles with the airports! I drive right up to the pier, give my bags to the porters/bell caps, park and take a parking lot shuttle back to the embarkation hall. So no airport transfers, no TSA, no "arrive at the airport two hours before your flight", no baggage fees!

And disembarkation is just as easy -- I don't rush off the ship. No need to rush, because I don't have a flight to catch. I have priority disembarkation, but I don't need it. The porter will bring the bags to where I can bring the car and load the bags. Then, an easy drive home. No TSA, no rush to make the plane on time, no airport hassles!

I know what each of these three ports has to offer. I have favorite restaurants and shops and hotel resorts to visit. There is no thrill of exploring a new place, but instead the relaxation of a no-pressure visit to an old friend!

Cabo is a tender port, that Princess visits for only a few hours on this itinerary. But because we have been so often, we don't rush off the ship, and we sometimes come back early before the long queues form to return to the ship.

Did I mention no airport hassles?

I love the Mex-Riv cruise and I plan t keep taking it. Whether it is the Crown, the Diamond, the Ruby, it doesn't matter. And if some of the staff remembers us from a prior cruise, that is an extra benefit!

It feels good, to know there are like minded fellow travellers, yes 20 minutes drive to the port, no baggage restrictions, and the other half doesn't like flying, and I am not fond of it.

We are hoping that there will be some more cruises coming up in the future from our port of Melbourne, but for now we are very happy to be off to New Zealand again for 13 nights and 6 sea days.

Just to be cruising again is great, and we consider ourselves lucky to be able too......

and we have always been on deck 10 and choose between 4 aft cabins...

Cheers Don

Thanks for your replies, we kind of think as the ship like a holiday home, but with a moving view, and having somebody doing everything for us.....

Cheers for now Don... its time for a G&T for dinner now.. and think about another cruise

That's exactly how we feel. Try to get the same room, waiter etc & consider it our "vacation home".

HI All,

Are we a bit strange ?

We just enjoy being on a ship with lots of sea days, and the total relaxation.

Our friends think we are mad, we should go and try something new.

What are your thoughts

Cheers Don

Don, I wonder if these "friends" ever return to the same restaurant or order the same entree? Do what you want and what you enjoy (unless the friends are paying for the cruise).

But, to answer your question, namely, "Are we a bit strange ? "

Oh, I hope so, but not because of your choice of cruises.:):):)