First time on Celebrity

tsxgray1

We have never cruised on Celebrity but numerous times on Princess. Our TA booked us on the Silhouette in an AQ cabin 1502-I am concerned because it looks like it is directly under the fitness center and all the way forward. I would appreciate any feedback . Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have never cruised on Celebrity but numerous times on Princess. Our TA booked us on the Silhouette in an AQ cabin 1502-I am concerned because it looks like it is directly under the fitness center and all the way forward. I would appreciate any feedback . Thank you!

According to the S class cabin spreadsheet (sticky at the top of this forum) it is "Great cabin. Very quiet as it is under the observation deck in front of the gym. Loved being so close to the relaxation room and spa."

I haven't checked the deck plans myself to verify. Also the balcony is "A little obstructed by bridge one deck below"

Mike

Being that far forward wouldn't concern us but being under the fitness center would. Fitness center hours are from 6:00 AM to either 10 or 11:00 PM. For us we never book cabins with public areas above or below us. Personal choice. Based on a previous post you have with a concern about a cabin location on the Summit I wouldn't let your TA pick any of your cabins.

Edited by davekathy

Looking at the spreadsheet and Deck plans that cabin could have noise from the fitness center above it. If possible I would try and move to a aft AQ2 cabin. They are aft of the Mid-ship elevators and have cabin above and below them.

The S-Class SR Spreadsheet that reflects what people who actually stayed in that SR says it was quiet. So instead of relying on general statements, its always good to consider actual info.

I have Not stayed in that specific SR as is true with those that have posted up to now, but have stayed in that area and under common areas including the spa and fitness area and personally didn’t have any issues.

Of any common area above a SR, the Spa and Fitness rooms aren’t exactly high noise areas, unless someone gets upset over their massage and starts throwing chairs around, or two people get into a fight over a treadmill and start bodyslamming each other. Neither are exactly high noise areas that get transmitted through the deck - heck, the only real noise issues Ive experienced has been very noisy neighbors, We wont go into what type of ‘noise’ they were making.

Den