entertainment in the theatre on qm2

delgirl

Can find out who are doing lectures on our upcoming t/a but cannot find anything about evening entertainment in the theatre. When we were on qv 2 yrs ago we had walk like a man on (jersey boys tribute band) and they were superb, don't suppose they would be on a transatlantic, but would love to know who the entertainers are.

I've not seen evening entertainment advertised in advance the same way the Insight speakers are.

For good reason! Insight speakers are absolutely crucial for Cunard's product, evening entertainment isn't.

For some reason speakers aren't paid but evening entertainers are, but life's unfair anyway, never mind.

For some reason speakers aren't paid

Didn't know this. I realise they have the thrill of being on board, but what about the cost of getting to and from the ship? This could be quite expensive.

For some reason speakers aren't paid

Didn't know this. I realise they have the thrill of being on board, but what about the cost of getting to and from the ship? This could be quite expensive.

I talked to a speaker last year. Said he and his wife had a balcony cabin, plus airfares. He did say it Cunard quite restrictive on flights and times.

I talked to a speaker last year. Said he and his wife had a balcony cabin, plus airfares. He did say it Cunard quite restrictive on flights and times.
Apparently the speakers have it better than the bridge instructors. I talked to a couple last year who said that had to get from their home in Arkansas to the ship in New York at their own expense and then had to get back home from Southampton at their own expense. I don't know what type of cabin they got but that's all they got (including everything that comes with a cabin). I don't understand why they agreed to that. I would have at least wanted to come back to New York on the ship.

Interestingly enough, they all get red cards. No matter what their own, personal World Club level may be.

- Mark

• 1 month later...

We have a friend who is a speaker and he has to PAY his AGENT $50 a day! He and his wife got a nice room and their airfare to New Zealand and back from Fiji. Most ships only get their speakers through an agency. As it was SeaBourne, drinks were inclusive.