Ordering drinks with coffee card/package?

Flo71

I am on the Royal in Aug, I assume my coffee package I have prepurchased will be loaded on my cruise card. Can I order 2 premium coffees and an unlimited tea at the same time? The tea would be for me but the premium coffees for daughter and husband.

Since with the card you could use as many punches as you wanted at the same time, I don't see why the virtual version would be any different.

The updated T&C does state (in part):

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.
  • Guests may redeem the number of specialty coffees purchased in the package in locations where espresso is available. This will include select bar and dining areas and varies by ship and/or itinerary.
  • Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared, but complimentary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser.

Be careful when ordering from one of the Piazza strolling servers rather than at the window. I've seen a few of them just reflexive state "no sharing" when someone ordered more than one item with their coffee card. Perhaps the virtual version will take the judgement away from them: ring up and swipe and the system should (I say should) know if there are any for-charge items or not.

EDIT: Stop The Presses!

Please note that the program description (for both the new paperless and older punch cards) now states they are good for complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate. No more mention of premium teas!

Edited by fishywood

I am a tea drinker. I specifically get the coffee card for the brewed tea, as the stuff they serve for free is undrinkable.

Do you think they're really taking away the brewed tea and making us use a punch? If so, for me, I'd be better off purchasing my tea as I go.

One punch is about $2.50, while a cup of brewed tea is about $1.50...hmmm.

I am a tea drinker. I specifically get the coffee card for the brewed tea, as the stuff they serve for free is undrinkable.

Do you think they're really taking away the brewed tea and making us use a punch? If so, for me, I'd be better off purchasing my tea as I go.

The premium teas at the IC are not brewed, just steeped from a bag as they are ordered. Same as when you fix one yourself at the Horizon Court.

I tried almost all of them when I got the PBP on Royal Princess last year. Not at all impressed, and would not have paid for one more than once. My guess is that they may be planning to discontinue them altogether once current stock is exhausted--which judging by how full of bags the display jars were on Regal, will be quite a long time. Plenty of choices besides generic Lipton in the MDRs and HC--I'll take ordinary English Breakfast or Darjeeling over the funky-named blends that pass themselves off as "premium" any day.

For those that are concerned about the premium tea not being covered under the coffee “card” anymore...what about just asking for a cup of hot water and bring your own tea bags? Surely they wouldn’t charge for hot water, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For those that are concerned about the premium tea not being covered under the coffee “card” anymore...what about just asking for a cup of hot water and bring your own tea bags? Surely they wouldn’t charge for hot water, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any tea whether English Breakfast or any Premium should be made by adding boiling water to the tea bag. If you order hot water by the time you receive it it will not be boiling and then adding the tea bag after will affect the flavour of any tea whatever the make and will give it a not nice distinctive steeped stewed flavour.

Any tea whether English Breakfast or any Premium should be made by adding boiling water to the tea bag. If you order hot water by the time you receive it it will not be boiling and then adding the tea bag after will affect the flavour of any tea whatever the make and will give it a not nice distinctive steeped stewed flavour.

I am reconciled that I will rarely get a perfect brew while traveling. Since tea kettles are now prohibited on Princess I can, however, get an okay brew in the morning via room service by requesting "boiling" water and using a thermal mug. Using the small provided cups does not work well at all! Neither do the room service breakfast tea bags -- I bring PG tips for the occasion.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KXWEAM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

don't for get the grat...;) also it is the same for someone who gets espresso, brewed coffee or hot choc..the cost is minimal. My DH will get a triple espresso "costing" 2 punches..needless to say a coffee card is of no benefit to us, but when having the AIBP or PBP what are u suppose to do?....the last 2 cruises we have just given away most of our our mini bar..why collect coffee cards, which will become obsolete. But I do exchange some soft drinks for canned gingerale to keep on hand for sea sickness.

Depending on your brand interest, there are plenty of tea bags at the beverage station on the Lido deck. On our last cruise they were Lipton, Twinnings, and Bigelow brands in an assortment of varieties. Nothing prevents me from getting a tea bag there and asking for boiling water at the IC or from room service if they aren't offering unlimited tea at the IC. No, it isn't PG Tips for the Brits, but it is better than nothing.

Why not bring your own? Sure you can, but you shouldn't have to unless you are stuck on a particular brand.

Why not bring your own? Sure you can' date=' but you shouldn't have to unless you are stuck on a particular brand.[/quote'] For me it's more to do with enjoying a brand that makes a pleasurable cup of tea in specific conditions.

This spring on the Star Princess, as I had injured my ankle, we occasionally ordered hot tea from room service in the afternoon and they provided a lovely English Breakfast tea bag for that -- either Twinning or Bigelow. It worked well in the small cups.